Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

By Not Kowtowing to Columnist Blowhards, Penn State is Finally Moving On
Black Shoes Diary ^ | 1-10-14 | Devon Edwards

Posted on 01/10/2014 8:57:30 PM PST by FlJoePa

At some point, you almost have to wonder if maybe this isn't about James Franklin, that it's really about Penn State, that these schmucks would have had a problem with anybody we could've tabbed to coach our team, that they would've found some dirt on Al Golden or Mike Munchak or even Larry Johnson, that it's really a cause for their affronted wrath when we win a damn game or two, or threaten to become the national powerhouse we once were. This university can do no right, because then what would they have to write about?

The only good news is that, finally, after two long years of catering to those voices, our administration is no longer afraid of offending them. They're as exasperated as we are. They're willing to fight back, if albeit silently, and to do right by us all.

By Saturday, James Franklin will be the head football coach at Penn State. I'd tell Dodd and Brennan and Olbermann to take that and shove it, but the sad thing is, I really doubt they even really care.

(Excerpt) Read more at blackshoediaries.com ...


TOPICS: Miscellaneous; Sports
KEYWORDS: football; ncaa; pennstate; psu
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-112 next last
This is the last few paragraphs. Hit the link for the whole piece. Nice writing and spot on.
1 posted on 01/10/2014 8:57:31 PM PST by FlJoePa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa
I see you're a part of the cult.


2 posted on 01/10/2014 9:06:54 PM PST by ConservativeTerrapin (Cruz 2016)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: ConservativeTerrapin
You made a pedo joke! So funny. These are all actual quotes by the way.


3 posted on 01/10/2014 9:09:40 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

FWIW I think you got a good coach and I am a Vol fan. Glad to see him out of Tennessee!


4 posted on 01/10/2014 9:13:50 PM PST by volunbeer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

You have a good coach coming in. The rest you should probably stop defending and let it die.


5 posted on 01/10/2014 9:18:39 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: ConservativeTerrapin

It seems to me that the real cult is made of those who still obsess over Penn State a year after Joe Paterno died.


6 posted on 01/10/2014 9:19:12 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Comment #7 Removed by Moderator

To: volunbeer

He’s going to keep our current class in tact. 4* QB commit out of IMG in Bradenton (O’Connor) had delayed his early arrival after OB left. Now it appears he’s back on schedule and starting classes next week.


8 posted on 01/10/2014 9:21:55 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: vladimir998

Wait. Make that TWO years after Paterno died.


9 posted on 01/10/2014 9:22:50 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

You’ve got some issues.


10 posted on 01/10/2014 9:24:18 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

Oh, so the many people who have always loved Penn State are now “faggot loving boy-raping proponents”?

Come on. Really?


11 posted on 01/10/2014 9:24:18 PM PST by WXRGina (The Founding Fathers would be shooting by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

“You faggot loving boy-raping proponents are beyond disgusting. How do you filthy vermin sleep at night? That’s what I’d like to know.”

Wow. I hope you get the mental help you so clearly need real soon.


12 posted on 01/10/2014 9:26:13 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Comment #13 Removed by Moderator

To: FlJoePa

Besides letting The Mann off the hook, the State Pen let their main Wife Swappin’ Scholar of the hook.


14 posted on 01/10/2014 9:28:23 PM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

You’re uninformed and a media pushover. How’s that make you feel?


15 posted on 01/10/2014 9:28:45 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: WXRGina

Well, if the shoe fits, wear it. But I am only talking about the Paterno/Sandusky apologists.

Or do you propose that what went on in that locker room was OK?

Really?


16 posted on 01/10/2014 9:30:22 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa; All
Sounds like Coach O'Brien had the likes of you & people like you when he left:

Bill O’Brien blasted ‘Paterno people’ before leaving Penn State

(USAToday, last week)
17 posted on 01/10/2014 9:31:14 PM PST by Colofornian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: logitech

ping


18 posted on 01/10/2014 9:31:15 PM PST by WXRGina (The Founding Fathers would be shooting by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

You need to embrace the new Penn State. You need to stop defending the old program. Joe Paterno was a hell of a coach, no doubt, he also allowed children to be abused at a level unspeakable.

Just Stop.


19 posted on 01/10/2014 9:33:01 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

>> You’re uninformed and a media pushover. How’s that make you feel?

You’re a pedophile enabler (if not an out-and-out pedophile) and a stupid Ped State Football whore!

How’s THAT make YOU feel?


20 posted on 01/10/2014 9:33:10 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick
Well, if the shoe fits, wear it. But I am only talking about the Paterno/Sandusky apologists. Or do you propose that what went on in that locker room was OK? Really?

Don't be a boorish shmendrick! NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS DEFENDING THE PEDOPHILE MONSTER OR HIS ENABLERS!!! But, there are many people who love Penn State, as you ought to know. Grown-ups make a distinction between the two.

21 posted on 01/10/2014 9:36:02 PM PST by WXRGina (The Founding Fathers would be shooting by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

“Those of us who hate evil don’t originate these posts, dumbphuque.”

Maybe you’re the evil. You certainly sound like it.

“But thanks for playing. Hope you don’t have any young male children or grandchildren for Paterno and Sandusky and FlJoePa and their pedophile followers to abuse.”

Well, since Paterno is dead, and Sandusky is never going to get near another child, and they have apparently no “pedophile followers” I think there’s not much chance of that happening in any case.

“Are you seriously a practicing Catholic?”

Yes.

“Because that’s not at all obvious from your comment.”

Sure it is. I hope you get the mental help you so clearly need.


22 posted on 01/10/2014 9:38:21 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: WXRGina

>> NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS DEFENDING THE PEDOPHILE MONSTER OR HIS ENABLERS!!!

One of Sandusky’s enablers was Joe Paterno.

Another of Sandusky’s enablers was a Penn State leadership that placed winning at football over moral decency.

Do you really stand behind that statement you made?

Or not?

Choose carefully.


23 posted on 01/10/2014 9:39:39 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: vladimir998

>> “Those of us who hate evil don’t originate these posts, dumbphuque.”
>> Maybe you’re the evil. You certainly sound like it.

Non-sequitur.

Look it up if you don’t know what it means.


24 posted on 01/10/2014 9:42:32 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

Read the post above please. The lead prosecutor (Fina) says, in his own words, that he found no evidence that Joe did anything wrong. Facts are facts. Your opinion is coming off as some sort of jealousy.


25 posted on 01/10/2014 9:44:52 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

Of course I stand by all I said—it was common sense truth, after all. But, I see you have a cloud in your mind that apparently keeps you from recognizing normal discourse, and you’re not going to leave your cloud. Good luck with that.


26 posted on 01/10/2014 9:45:16 PM PST by WXRGina (The Founding Fathers would be shooting by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

Out of curiosity, why do you think it is your position to claim Paterno never had any knowledge of anything?


27 posted on 01/10/2014 9:48:45 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

I know what it means. And I still think you may be the evil. You’re making things up out of thin air and attacking people who dare to post differently than you like.

As I said, I hope you get the mental help you so clearly need.


28 posted on 01/10/2014 9:48:49 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: WXRGina

>> But, I see you have a cloud in your mind that apparently keeps you from recognizing normal discourse,

What is that, exactly? Can you describe this “cloud” that “keeps me from recognizing normal discourse”? And what is this “normal discourse” that I don’t recognize, EXACTLY?

Because your statement sounds to me like the kind of vapid bullshit that might be put forth by someone who doesn’t have any real argument to stand upon.

But, hey, maybe I’m wrong.

I’ll await your well-reasoned, well-articulated reply.


29 posted on 01/10/2014 9:51:29 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: vladimir998

>> I still think you may be the evil

Why?

Because I oppose that which is evil, and also oppose those who embrace it and apologize for it?

Explain.


30 posted on 01/10/2014 9:53:37 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: eyedigress

Does that really make any sense to you eyedigress? That a man so devoted to young people and their futures would knowingly turn a blind eye to the abuse of kids? Really?

You don’t think there may be another explanation?


31 posted on 01/10/2014 9:54:00 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

>> Facts are facts.

Fina’s opinion is not a fact, it’s Fina’s opinion.

Your opinion is coming off as some sort of jealousy.

Jealous of what, exactly?

And what opinion? I hate evil. Pedophilia is evil. Those that facilitate and enable evil are, themselves, evil. Paterno aided and abetted evil. Penn State governance, aware of evil, abetted it. For what? For a stupid game.

No jealousy. Righteous anger, yes.


32 posted on 01/10/2014 9:57:55 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

I am going by the briefs that were released to the court.

The gentleman that witnessed it said he approached Coach first, after that he went upstairs.

All ignored.

It came home.


33 posted on 01/10/2014 9:58:06 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

“Why?”

Because what you’re doing is evil: “You faggot loving boy-raping proponents are beyond disgusting. How do you filthy vermin sleep at night? That’s what I’d like to know.” To accuse innocent people of being “faggot loving boy-raping proponents” and “filthy vermin” is evil.

“Because I oppose that which is evil, and also oppose those who embrace it and apologize for it?”

1) You’re not opposing evil in this thread, you’re spreading it. 2) Accusing innocent people of being “faggot loving boy-raping proponents” and “filthy vermin” is not opposing evil. 3) No one here is embracing or apologizing for evil except you.

“Explain.”

Done.


34 posted on 01/10/2014 10:00:33 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: eyedigress

witnessed what eyedigress?


35 posted on 01/10/2014 10:00:56 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

Get over it.


36 posted on 01/10/2014 10:00:59 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

Really? This was a dream from somebody?

You can keep your JoPa mugs and blankets as you watch PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY gladly give out 200 MILLION DOLLARS for no damn reason.

Get real.


37 posted on 01/10/2014 10:04:22 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: vladimir998

>> Done.

Wrong. Because you never showed that those embracing evil are, in fact, even opposed to said evil, let alone not contributors to this evil.

Evil is evil, and evil MUST be opposed WHEREVER it arise.

Or do you claim that homosexual pedophilia is not evil? Please make your position on this important question clear.


38 posted on 01/10/2014 10:05:36 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Without GOD, men get what they deserve.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

Maybe you should be their attorney and save them a couple of bucks?


39 posted on 01/10/2014 10:10:01 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: eyedigress
You're incredibly uneducated on the complexity of this case.

I would suggest the following links if you really want to know the truth:

Ryan Bagwell

Ray Blehar

John Ziegler

If you don't want to invest the time to learn what has happened, it's understood. But maybe you should consider lowering your voice and tempering your accusations.

40 posted on 01/10/2014 10:10:45 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

Please explain my accusation.


41 posted on 01/10/2014 10:13:08 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

I’ll help.

Coach Paterno was an enabler and refused to report molestation to authorities.

Show me where he did that and I will stop.


42 posted on 01/10/2014 10:16:26 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

“Wrong.”

No, I was right.

“Because you never showed that those embracing evil are, in fact, even opposed to said evil, let alone not contributors to this evil.”

I see no evidence anyone other than you is embracing evil in this thread. You posted completely unfounded accusations of the worst sort: “faggot loving boy-raping proponents” and “filthy vermin”.

“Evil is evil, and evil MUST be opposed WHEREVER it arise.”

Hence, I am opposing you - for you have committed an obviously evil act by posting completely unfounded accusations of the worst sort.

“Or do you claim that homosexual pedophilia is not evil?”

No, I do not claim that, but I do claim that accusing people of being “faggot loving boy-raping proponents” and “filthy vermin” when they are not such is evil.

“Please make your position on this important question clear.”

My position is abundantly clear: you are embracing evil by posting your false accusations. What I am saying is not only abundantly clear but irrefutably true.


43 posted on 01/10/2014 10:18:44 PM PST by vladimir998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

I don’t know who you are but this lie on the program is what killed him. You should know this.


44 posted on 01/10/2014 10:20:27 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: eyedigress
Here's Ziegler and Franco Harris from tonight in San Diego (youtube video link).

They are hosting - along with John Bacon, Ray Blehar, and others "Upon Further Review" tomorrow at 10:30 at the Hilton Bayfront.

45 posted on 01/10/2014 10:33:22 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

To: eyedigress

You are absolutely correct. He had to know what was going on. In fact, there are probably many, many people who at least suspected something was terribly wrong, but they all chose to look away either because they worshipped Paterno or feared him.


46 posted on 01/10/2014 10:35:11 PM PST by Pining_4_TX (All those who were appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: Pining_4_TX

What are you? A shrink? Project much?


47 posted on 01/10/2014 10:37:17 PM PST by FlJoePa ("Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

You don’t understand. This killed JOPA, ask yourself why?


48 posted on 01/10/2014 10:40:55 PM PST by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/ ?s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

He knew.


49 posted on 01/10/2014 10:42:07 PM PST by Pining_4_TX (All those who were appointed to eternal life believed. Acts 13:48)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

To: FlJoePa

Thanks for posting the thread.


50 posted on 01/10/2014 10:42:16 PM PST by ntnychik
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-112 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson