Skip to comments.Inch-Long Cockroach Pulled from Man's Ear
Posted on 01/11/2014 1:23:26 PM PST by BenLurkin
With the pain becoming excruciating, his flatmate rushed him to hospital where a doctor put oil down the ear canal.
This only forced the two centimeter (0.8 inch) roach to crawl in deeper, before it eventually began to die.
"Near the 10 minute mark ... somewhere about there, he started to stop burrowing but he was still in the throes of death twitching," said Helmer.
At that point the doctor put forceps into his ear and pulled out the cockroach.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.discovery.com ...
Stuff of nightmares.
Wow, good times had by all.
I am a pretty brave man I would say, and a tough sort, but this would make me have nightmares lol.
It could have been worse — it could have been an earwig.
Another liberal gone.
This past summer I had to go into work in the middle of the night the neighbors had tripped our alarm. After unlocking the door the police had me go back down and stand at the end of the building nearest the street. As I walk past the building corner a moth flew right into my ear. I was all I could do not to freakout I was just about to go to the cops and asked them to get me some help when the damn thing manage some how to extracted itself. After the build was check and clear and I could go home I did, but I would hve been better off stay as after I got home I didn’t sleep a wink more that night.
The Cockroach that ate Darwin (the city . . . not the theroist).
I thought it was Cincinnati.
The bad news is..... it was a female.
Earwig. That's all I'll say.
Pregnant earwig ping!
The boy went ape-shit. Jumping and screaming. It was fortunate that I could tell the coach what had happened and they were able to extract the little bugger bastid right quick.
Some years ago, when I had my checkup at the VA, the doc was using the light to check out my ear canals. I apologized to her that I forgot to clean them and they were probably pretty waxy.
She said that was no problem. She once was inspecting a ‘Nam vet who lived on the streets and when she looked through the glass, a large white worm with black eyes looked back out at her.
When I was working in the Emergency Room of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, we had a very similar case, although it was a 3 yr. old child who had the cockroach in his ear.
The warm oil killed the cockroach, and it was easily removed without incident and the child was sent home with his mother.
This happened on a camp overnight. A girl started screaming hysterically.
She was taken to the hospital, where doctors found a Japanese beetle in her ear. It was banging against her ear drum.
If you ever sleep on the ground outside, you might want to wear ear plugs.
That happened to my father several years ago. He had an earwig in his ear and it was very painful. We got him to the doctor asap and the doctor got it out.
Ya. The scariest Night Gallery ever.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.