Skip to comments.For the First Time, Women Are More Educated Than Their Husbands
Posted on 02/13/2014 3:02:44 PM PST by nickcarraway
For the first time since the Pew Research Center has kept track of such things, the percentage of American women who are more highly educated than their husbands is higher than the percentage of husbands who have more degrees than their wives.
Gathered from census data, research shows that 21 percent of women have more degrees than their husbands, whereas 20 percent of men have more degrees than their spouses. (In 1960, these numbers were 7 percent for women and 14 percent for men.) The trend can be seen most clearly among newly married couples, because, for the past 20 years, younger women have been more likely to pursue higher education than men.
And so we move forward in this wide world of people making choices about education and marriage and life in general. Hold on tight for further updates in another 10 years or so!
And, as the liberals have proven, more education means more intelligence and more common sense!
Degree =/= educated.
Let’s see the 3 disciplines of the degrees and the averages...and the jobs they have.
OK subtract all the “WomynZ studies” and like degrees and re-total. Because there is nothing ‘educated’ about having one of those.
We can see it helped by looking at their voting records........
That explains what’s happening in the country.
Durn Tootin’ .... but then I ain’t married yet ....
20% plus 21% equals 41%. What happened to the other 59%?
Intelligence = nothing.
Education = nothing.
Wisdom? Now that’s the thing. Get wisdom above all else.
This is news? I always admit to being wrong when my Sweetie and I argue.
Their voting numbers don’t prove this theory.
Hey, It’s a sorry woman that can’t support one man.
Maybe bachelor degrees don’t mean that much (depends on the major) but both med and law schools have more women. Women are making more money on the job, too.
Men are getting lazy after centuries of domination — the patriarchy and all that. If men would just get off the couch, they have huge advantages over women in physical size and testosterone (aggressiveness) and native math ability.
Instead of working hard, men are poppin’ Buds and watching five football games a day. They deserve their fate.
Presumably the other 59% have the same education level.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.