Skip to comments.Movie or tv series idea
Posted on 02/25/2014 12:26:02 PM PST by edcoil
I have a new idea for a movie or series. I know we have a few Hollywood types here.
Name: Outlawing Normal
The show will be how society fringes work to push government and society to accept the fringes and, outlaw the normal society.
I get to be executive producer.
I vote to have Penn & Teller do it. Sounds like “BS”, their former series.
We already have “Modern Family”.
I think it’s a great idea.
I had a similar thought recently.
The idea that “Normal” is offensive and being normal, by your actions alone, is an attack on the fringes. The fringes move beyond seeking a “protected class” status to the punishment of normal behavior.
I’ve got more.
When do they start filming the queer version of Gilligan’s Island or Combat?
Combat: Enlisted has started - not impressed
Gilligan - any dances with stars show.
In case you might be interested...
“Oy think oy’ve seen it. Oy didn’t like it.”
How about a super hero that gets an amazing surge of strength and invulnerability from puffing on a cigarette. We could call it “Fagman!”
Maybe you can base it in Normal, Ill.
Thanks V. keep it up Freepers so i can steal your ideas um, I mean hopefully you didn’t register them with WGA..Oh darn, my big mouth..
And what makes you think they'd produce your show?
Heeheeeeheeee that was good!
Speaking of which.
At some point you may want to join SAG. There are so many protections as a member.
You don’t want your original ideas swiped.
Right now, you only have a concept.
But, a product you are developing would be protected.
Max prolly has better info on this.
If not, I’ll call a friend who can point you in the right direction.
He’s does line editing, scripts, acting, producing, etc.
and I only know what one of those things means.
my sister owns a production company in New Mexico
Oh, okay. Then you guys know how this works.
I like the concept.
Get Schwarchnegger or Jennifer Lawrence.
Running Man....Hunger Games
Alas, we already have a TV show like that - it’s called The Nightly News.
1. How about a show on the American Revolution—the role of spies, men and women, who worked for General Washington?
2. How about a show on the exploits of the raider CSS Alabama in the Civil War?
3. What about a show depicting the home front in WW II—the challenges people faced. V-girls for sex, hard work and the Loss of loved ones to the enemy. Japanese internment (and Italians too)
4. What about a show on a steam punk world—a Jules Vern sort of future—with airships and steam cars—an American Empire.
5. A show on what would have happened in Germany won WW II? American under a facist leader. Jews criminalized, gun control, one political party, News all from one point of view. silly wars all over the world—a small few fight back. Come to think of it—it sounds a lot like today! Feel free to steam any ideas I present (Yes, I live in Hollywoodland and I am a writer too)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.