Skip to comments.Family Sues Petco After Calif. Boy, 10, Dies From Rat Bite Fever
Posted on 02/26/2014 11:43:32 PM PST by Daffynition
The family of a 10-year-old-boy who died from rat bite fever is now suing Petco for the boys death.
Aiden Pankey died last summer from rat bite fever, a disease reportedly carried by a rodent purchased from a Petco in San Diego, Calif., according to the San Diego County Medical Examiners Office.
The family, as a result, filed a lawsuit and is now waiting for a response from the national company.
(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...
Very sad, The ten year investment in a child’s life; all gone. Seems to me that even a healthy rat is known to carry certain viruses potentially harmful to humans. Sort of like racoons. I’ve always heard one should never touch a male raccoon (as if they would just stand there and let you touch them) There is a hormone based substance in the saliva of the male racoon we should avoid. Second point, do pet owners, sign some form a accepting liability when they adopt a pet?
Third point; the boy died last summer, are you telling me no doctor could figure out the cause of death for all those months? The doctors were probably not taking this child’s death as a serious matter.
Dear god! I hope you aren't as cold hearted as you words appear. You really need to read what what you write prior to hitting the post button, because your words imply that the money spent on raising this child is a greater loss than the child.
I meant the investment of love and devotion. The way I was fortunate enough to be brought up. I aiways felt that I was a wanted child. Not everyone does.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.