Skip to comments.Unemployment rate up for men and college grads
Posted on 03/07/2014 10:04:25 PM PST by Olog-hai
The U.S. unemployment rate edged up to 6.7 percent in February as men struggled to find work, according to the Labor Department report issued Friday.
More than 160,000 men joined the ranks of the unemployed. That increase raised their unemployment rate to 6.4 percent from 6.2 percent.
Particularly hard hit were African-American men. Their rate climbed to 12.9 percent last month from 12 percent in January. It did so because more African-American men began searching unsuccessfully for work last month.
(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...
Not here, kids.
Well, at least it wasn’t unexpected.
...however, I would say that the unemployment rate, which is a composite of all workers, was UP, period. But, of course, that doesn’t “have good optics” as they say.
Labor participation rate = 63%, leaving 37% not participating - in other words the real KISS unemployment rate is 37% ...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.