Skip to comments.Burned Georgia Tech Student Dies From Injuries (Iranian Grad Student Was Making Molotov Firebombs)
Posted on 03/12/2014 7:39:20 PM PDT by DogByte6RER
Burned Georgia Tech student dies from injuries
The Georgia Tech graduate student burned over 90 percent of his body last month died Thursday, the Institute said.
Saamer Akhshabi was burned in a Feb. 4 explosion inside his apartment, where investigators found a suspected Molotov cocktail and several plastic bottles filled with gasoline and kerosene. Akhshabi, 26, was transported in critical condition to Grady Memorial Hospital, where he died early Thursday, Georgia Tech shared with the campus.
"We have worked closely with other law enforcement agencies during the investigation of this tragic incident," Robert Connolly, interim police chief for Georgia Tech, said in an emailed statement. "The FBI has relayed that, to date, they have not developed any information or evidence indicating criminal intent in this investigation."
Investigators determined that Akhshabi was not a threat to the Georgia Tech community, Connolly said. But no information was released regarding why Akhshabi had the explosive materials.
Akhshabi was studying in the College of Computing at Tech, where he had attended since 2009, according to his web page. He was scheduled to graduate in May. Prior to moving to Atlanta, Akhshabi completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Tehran in Iran, his native country.
(Excerpt) Read more at ajc.com ...
Sounds like the Will of Allah smote that dude down.
Oh, gee! I HATE it when that happens!
Sorry, but I just can not generate even a microgram of sympathy for the chump.
I thought he was a goner a few weeks ago ... not keeping up with the news ...
“this tragic incident”
WHAT “tragic’ incident?
The FBI will issue their blanket statement that terrorism was not involved.
Those heir to 1,400 years of first cousin incest are ill advised to play with fire.
The task may be beyond their IQ capabilities.
Yes, incest will do that.
Please explain to me any logical reason to have bottles of gasoline and kerosene in your apartment. I don’t get law enforcement anymore.
My daughter is a student at georgia tech and I keep thinking that his intent was to harm her (not specifically, but as a person on campus) as he accidentally harmed himself — and that thought makes me so sick to my stomach.
I think it was somewhat tragic that he only lingered for a month or so. In a fair world, he would have enjoyed many more months of debridement...
Yes, BelleAl, very scary for you.
Luckily the idiot achieved the end he deserved without harming others.
So, why was he working with Molotov Cocktails at the time of the aforesaid "tragic accident?"
That’s true... In hindsight I guess it WAS tragic.
Good news: This might qualify the unfortunate Persian lad for consideration for the Darwin Award! Many are called, few are chosen....
Sometimes the Tech - Dawgs rivalry gets a bit out of hand.
It’s a blessing he only took himself out, looks like the 72 virgins out of the question for him.
Well boo-hoo. Someone hand me down my little violin. Play with fire, die by fire. Better him than innocent other people.
What kind of idiot makes Molotov cocktails in their apartment?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.