Skip to comments.Pueblo Woman Attacked By Dogs After Getting Off Bus ( Pit Bulls : Colorado )
Posted on 03/20/2014 7:49:46 AM PDT by george76
A 20-year-old woman was taken to the hospital Tuesday night after she was attacked by two dogs.
Juliann Hernandez says she was getting off the bus from a day of classes at a community college in Pueblo. She says she was attacked near 8th and Utica Avenue in Pueblo, completely unprovoked.
Her dad says once they saw what was happening, the family came out of their home to help.
"One of them got a hold of her, clamped her knee...by then my wife and another daughter came out here, tried to scare them off, wouldn't go
The Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region says the two dogs are pit bulls.
(Excerpt) Read more at kktv.com ...
sheesh thats so unusual
I wonder if my neighbors would mind if I had a pet bear roaming my back yard....
Well at least the comrade citizen was not carrying a gun in defiance of her liberal masters. Then there would have been gun violence!
About a week ago in Decatur, Ala....local gal calls the cops about some dog roaming neighborhood and acting fierce. Cops come around. Dog is there....a guy or two stand there and pet it...dog seems tame. Some lady steps out of the house....dog goes nuts. Cops pulls a gun and shoots the dog dead on the spot. No owner steps forward ot claim the dog and no one has seen the dog before.
If there was any reason why people need to retain gun rights....its for occasions like this.
Hopefully, no evil cops shot or harmed those poor innocent pit bulls. (end sarcasm)
These dogs need to stop this type of behavior! They’re ruining their reputation.
Most victims of Pit Bull attacks are women and children.
Makes one wonder about the owners of these “macho Pit Bulls!
More totally-irresponsible dog owners and (comment self-censored)
Wow — I’m surprised and shocked.
A bear might be better. At least you can teach them to dance.
Nobody will criticize this Officer for shooting the Dog. This is an example of why we pay these guys to patrol. If you are alluding to the criticism that Officers have garnered for shooting dogs in other cases then obviously they are different circumstances.
These Pit Bulls are part of the 99 percent giving the other 1 percent a bad name.
Not all in the breed are bad... how they’re raised.. blah, blah, blah....
“Nobody will criticize this Officer for shooting the Dog. This is an example of why we pay these guys to patrol. If you are alluding to the criticism that Officers have garnered for shooting dogs in other cases then obviously they are different circumstances.”
Unfortunately, there some on this board and in life, who would condemn the officer.
Two summers ago, a retired spec ops vet in a near by city rescued a neighbor lady being attacked by two pit bulls the owner let loose in spite of several warnings.
The retired spec op, a neighbor heard the screams and took his pistol down to where the lady was being attacked. He tried to kick them off. When they still attacked the poor lady, he killed both of them and then did a citizen’s arrest on the human rectum owning the dogs.
There was an outcry from the scum, who feel that dangerous pit bull or any animal should never be dispatched regardless of what they do.
A few years before that, two young teenage boys were spring turkey hunting and were trying to call in a male turkey. Instead they got a po hungry male panther. The younger brother had the shotgun and killed the panther within feet of his unarmed brother. Again, the left wing scum went un nerved and wanted the young teenagers put in jail.
Their first irresponsible act was choosing a Pit Bull.
Well, then...my neighbor is guilty of an irresponsible act.
They got a rescue Pit.
And, like every other responsibly-raised/loved/trained Pit I’ve encountered, is one of the most pleasant neighborhood dogs ever. Completely non-territorial and always wandering over to neighbors to say hi. Makes the 20lb ankle-biters of my other neighbors look totally vicious & horrible/shameful examples of ‘domestic dogs’.
One of us is abjectly on the wrong side...
They always are.
You neglected your </sarc> tag.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.