Skip to comments.Oberlin College Mulls Gender Pronoun Ban,Mandatory Transgender Sensitivity For Athletic Dept .
Posted on 05/12/2014 5:19:30 AM PDT by massmike
Oberlin College, a smallish hothouse of leftist folly about 35 miles southwest of Cleveland, Ohio, is contemplating a complex set of rules designed to make the athletic department more hospitable for transgender people.
The new rules would mandate transgender sensitivity training for all coaches and athletic staff members, reports Campus Reform.
In addition, the new policy would replace all gender-specific pronouns she, her, hers, he, her, hers with plural equivalents they, them and theirs.
Student-athletes dont have to attend the required training sessions, but they would be strongly encouraged.
The policy is expected to be implemented in the fall of 2015, according to Oberlins student newspaper.
It is basically intended to sort of be a 101, Oberlin junior Emily Clarke, a member of the longwinded committee, told Campus Reform. We also talk about choice, privilege and agency in presentation of gender and pronouns and ends with trans-allyship dos and donts.
By the way, Clarke was once a member of the Oberlin Rhinos, the rugby team on campus for women and trans-inclusive people.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...
This could work out great for males. Eliminate gender and race based preferences and let the best talent win.
As a person of multiple personalities, I object. Oberlin is usurping my experience, my culture, and my suffering.
“$60k a year to learn bad grammar and perversity ;-)”
All of this is made possible through taxpayer subsidies.
Eliminate the federal Department of Education and all federal funding of student loans. Market forces will immediately impact higher education resulting in the following:
1) A collapse in the cost of college tuition and fees at private institutions as students and parents run from private institutions to state schools.
2) Elite private institutions will lay off faculty and put underemployed high cost tenured professors to work in the classroom 8 hours per day instead of allowing them to run around spending time on bogus research.
3) The growth of technology enabled teaching will expand. Low cost distance learning classes provided by state universities will become much more popular.
4) Huge bureaucracies at most universities will be slashed.
5) To the degree that parents and students are paying the full cost of education instead of having it subsidized by Uncle Sam, they will demand more of the administration and faculty.
6) Academics and the media will scream.
7) The elitist academic “star” system, based on peer appraisal of writings and research, will go away and teaching skills will become highly valued.
8) Innovation and technology will change higher education for the better. Market forces will force institutions to adapt, become efficient, and deliver more value for less money. Who knows, there might actually be a renaissance in the teaching of subjects and skills truly valuable in the marketplace.
Liberals must stop corrupting the English language. It has evolved to being the most vocabulary-rich and utilitarian language on earth without their “help.”
I am sure glad that at 78 I won’t be around to see the end result of this BS.
They won’t, because they must change and corrupt everything to accommodate and support abnormality.
Liberal logic - to avoid offending a person who is confused by his/her gender role - simply offend everyone else in order to neutralize the offense - redistribute feelings of oppression so everyone can feel oppressed.
Rush is right! Liberals want to redistribute wealth so everyone is poor. Same concept.
This is just another trap being set for the normal people. The bastards are changing the rules. Any normal person who uses a word that he has been using since he first starting talking is going to be accused of bias, and disciplined.
Indeed. How do you complain about “male dominance” if “male” is now verbotten .......
What an astute observation you made......
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.