Skip to comments.ObamaCare and Common Core –- both are bad to the bone
Posted on 06/12/2014 3:07:50 PM PDT by BruceDeitrickPrice
[summary: Socialists have the same answer for every problem: a huge new government program.]
Medical insurance and public education might seem to be two different worlds with different problems. But the proposed solutions were essentially the same. Here are ten descriptions that apply equally to ObamaCare and Common Core:
1) HUGE FEDERAL POWER GRAB: The obvious result from both ObamaCare and Common Core is that Obama and his Czars get a bigger government to administer, more money to play with, more jobs for their loyal troops, and more control over peoples lives.
2) NOT RESPONSES TO POPULAR DEMAND. ObamaCare and Common Core were massive, top-down interventions demanded by leftwing politics and ideology, not something the public asked for. Alleged problems were used as an excuse for adopting solutions that would grow government. The big question was, what can they get away with? (We see the same dynamics playing out in climate change.)
3) INCOMPREHENSIBLE BY DESIGN: A sentence was not used if a paragraph could be concocted. Thousands of new requirements, regulations, laws, and standards were contained in dense verbiage that neither Congress nor public would ever read and couldnt understand if they did. Almost every paragraph includes expanded powers and hidden consequences. Citizens would be further reduced to a childlike dependence on bureaucrats.
4) PUBLIC EXCLUDED FROM LEGISLATIVE PROCESS. The complexity of the political process, plus the density of jargon and propaganda, ensured that John Q Citizen was ignored. These programs were passed by stealth, chicanery, arm-twisting, and bribes. The Cornhusker Kickback put ObamaCare over the top. Similarly, so-called stimulus money earmarked for shovel-ready jobs was used as grants (i.e. bribes) to persuade the states to embrace Race to the Top, a precursor of Common Core. The fix was in.
5) DISHONEST MARKETING. The Obama administration made endless promises...
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
Have you ever posted anything you didn’t write yourself?
Have you ever written anything yourself?
I truly hate the evil of the left wing progressive communist democrat party and their arrogant, ignorant, and vile methods and policies that have ruined America and will bring the judgment of the one true God on America. the God of Israel is God only and will not tolerate the hatred of the left wing God haters who say their is no God and who do abominable iniquities against their fellow man. And to recruit children into evil using the natural bent to do evil and sin by pride is is unforgivable hatred and must not be tolerated by patriotic American citizens.
(but the term “ObamaCore” seems appropriate.)
Obama Core, Obama Care, Obamanation must all be put out of America. ASAP.
I write pretty good grocery lists but I don't promote them here.
Do you think I should?
As you know, my goal is to promote the truth about public schools. Thanks for helping.
BTW I was interviewed on the Peter Boyle Show a month ago, and on Conservative Commandos radio show (Philly) yesterday, June 12. The producers see my articles on American Thinker and want to discuss the ideas. The host yesterday, Jon Moseley, paid me a great compliment when he said that he thought I was one of the 10 people in the country who could actually explain what is going on in education.
There.. doesn't that fit a little better?
If your goal were to put forth truth about schools or anything else, you would find articles about that other than those written by you.
I think you already do.