Skip to comments.The Handwriting on the Wall: Republican Congress Already Dismissed, Irrelevant.
Posted on 06/13/2014 10:03:27 AM PDT by Kenny Bunk
The handwriting on the proverbial wall is now so large and bold that even Barack Hussein Obama can read it.
The Democrats will lose control of Congress in 2014, the only question being, "By how much?" Team Obama is preparing the administration for this by instituting heightened rule by Executive Order during 2015 and 2016.
Among the orders one might expect:
(1) Close down Guantánamo
(2) De facto Amnesty for illegal aliens
(3) Fast-tracking DREAM children to citizenship
(4) Increased stimulus spending (5) Debt ceiling increase
(6) New Taxes
(7)Many new EPA Mandates
(8)Renewed emphasis on "Green" issues and spending on "Environment." (9) Unilateral military withdrawal from Afghanistan and Iraq, allowing Islamic chips to fall wherever they may, and supporting Syrian and other Islamic rebels with arms and training.
Obviously, extreme pressure will be brought to bear on the Congress, especially in the House. The GOP-e will cooperate as much as possible to preserve funding for projects in their districts and to keep concessions for major contributors. The "no budget" scenario will continue.
Obama, backed by the MSM, by the courts, and above all by the entrenched federal bureaucracy, fully intends to make Congress as irrelevant as he possibly can, and buying lip service from the malleable Republican leadership (Boehner, McCarthy, McConnell, et al) as necessary. Payback for the GOPe: further marginalizing and minimization of the Tea Party.
The Administration goal: prepare the Democrats for a total electoral victory in 2016. The Republican Establishment goal: maintain permanent, highly lucrative position as the loyally bought opposition.
Belay my last...
The only thing holding this whole mess up is the reserve currency and the military and all of that depends on perception. What is the perception of the US?
Obama has created a perception of weakness. I don’t expect to go through 2015 unscathed. It is going to be very nasty.
We will not escape the international consequences of Obama Rule. Those opposed to the USA will doubtless seize upon the fundamentally wrong-headed policies of Team Obama and turn them to their advantage.
The election of Obama, and his re-election have altered the course of our national history by plan. If one is a patriot or even a constitutionalist, it is for the worse. If an internationalist socialist or a communist; for the ideological better.
No, you were right. My bad.
"Congress" is so often used as synonym for "House of Representatives", but really is the combination of Senate and House, and you refer to a Republican take over of the Senate, which is, since Republicans hold the house, a takeover of "Congress".
If republicans take the Senate and hold the house we could see the impeachment and forced removal of him
Things are pretty bad and are going to get worse.
It could happen
And Boehner will go golfing with him at the next opportunity.
Doubtful.. Completely. Even in my state, I certainly don’t expect Johnny Isakson or whomever gets Chambliss’ seat now to do a damned thing. RINOs all.
This goes back to Florida 2000 (actually it goes back to Paris 1792), but it goes like this: elections only count if the reflect the General Will. When Republicans are elected, it is because of False Consciousness, and because the voters are operating under False Consciousness, their choices do not express the General Will and theose chosen have no right to legislate.
They mean war. Real war.
To many on this site, the awful finality of the scenario slowly playing out before us is self-evident. Not a question of "if," just "when?"
However, in the Wal-Mart parking lot just how much of what is happening actually means anything to the 350# tattooed lady? As long as her EBT is OK, along with Sec 8 vouchers, the Obamaphone, Disability or perpetual Unemployment Insurance, etc. is happening, who cares?
Well as Krauthammer said on BOR the other night even if the Gop takes back the Senate in 2014 what good will it do. Obama is now rulling like a Banana Boat dictator. Kraut has got it right. he says they will never impeach Obama and he has 2.5 years to continue his savaging of the country which in Kraut’s opinion will forever change our country.
I agree with Kraut. But I am of the opinion that at some point soon either they will use the 25th amendment to simply remove the guy for being incompetent to conture and save the time and trouble of an impeachment or CWII will break out and the good citizens of the USSA will take care of the problem.
The Republicans haven't got the gonads to impeach him even if the have 2/3 of the Senate. And by the time any of this could have occurred King Obama will have driven America so far into the communists world we will never climb out.
By the way, miss Romney yet? Bet there are some who do not have the capacity to understand the difference. Millions of dumb Republican voters are still in the dark. Romney was not perfect but the difference between him and the communists black Muslim terrorists is huge.
Patriots and former Obama supporters need to admit that they were fooled twice (shame on me!) by RINOs in 2010 and 2012. If patriots get the adrenaline pumping and "remodel" both Houses of Congress in 2014 then things may happen.
The financial collapse is coming and it is likely the Republicans are being set up to take the fall. The scenario may play out like this:
1) Republicans keep the House and take the Senate in 2014 by a small margin (one or two seats)
2) McConnell, or whoever is chose majority leader by the Republicans, returns to the old Senate rules.
3) Harry Reid, uses the rules to obstruct everything in the Senate.
4) Obama and the press blame the Republican Congress for everything bad and continually berate Congress for failing to cooperate in passing his agenda.
5) Obama boldly rules by executive order, ignoring Congress. Republicans will not impeach so he gets away with it. He gives a blanket pardon to all illegals in the country and institutes a “one year to citizenship” plan. Another executive order bans sales of ammunition to civilians allowing him to claim he isn’t violating the second amendment since people can still buy guns. Congress does nothing except complain. When the President sees Congress will take no action he issues another executive order requiring citizens to turn in their guns to the local authorities. About 3/4 of the sheeple comply.
6) The deficit soars with additional spending ordered by the President without the consent of Congress. Moodys and S&P downgrade the government credit rating. The Justice Department and IRS announce charges being filed against the CEO’s of both companies for tax evasion and fraud.
7) The Republican establishment fixes the rules and stacks the primaries to ensure the establishment choice wins the nomination early. Conservatives contribute to the establishment wins in the 2016 primaries, the same way they did in 2012, by running too many candidates and fragmenting the vote. The mainstream media, with the help of the GOP establishment, demonizes the leading conservative candidate at any point in time to destroy/him or her and keep any conservative from getting traction. This was the 2012 playbook and it was effective.
7) Hillary bows out of the 2016 Democrat nomination campaign just before the primary season begins citing health issues. In reality she knows the nation is set up for a fall and doesn’t want to be on duty when it happens. The Democrats nominate Warren or Biden to run against the Republican establishment candidate (Jeb Bush, Romney repeat, or Christie).
8. Despite many conservatives staying home, and rampant cheating by the Dems at the polls, the GOP establishment candidate wins in a squeaker, possibly with some Supreme Court drama due to voter fraud in some close states, forcing the Republican to take office under a cloud of illegitimacy.
9. The GOP winner takes the oath of office in early 2017. Immediately the military is challenged on a variety of fronts. A US carrier is sunk but the US doesn’t know if it was by Iran or China. China downs another US spy plane (as they did early in the G.W. Bush administration) and sinks a Japanese ship in contested waters. Russia increases flyovers in Alaska and along the California coast, deliberately and brazenly violating American airspace, daring the US to shoot down its bombers. North Korea fires a long range missile which lands just outside the US territorial limits on the West Coast. It then announces it has launched an EMP weapon into orbit and will use it against the US homeland if provoked. At the same time terrorist attacks on the US homeland begin in earnest. A wave of shopping mall shootings occur and several commercial airliners are downed at airports around the country by terrorists using US shoulder fired missiles covertly given to Syrian and Libyan rebels by the Obama administration. The US economy goes into a tailspin as retail sales plummet and workers stay home fearing for their lives.
10. Russia, China, Iran, Saudi Arabia and a number of other nations formally announce they will no longer accept or make payments in dollars and will no longer buy US Treasury debt. The European Union, India, Brazil, Mexico, and South Africa quickly follow. The dollar’s reign as the reserve currency abruptly ends and the value of the dollar tanks on currency markets. At the next US Treasury auction there are no bidders so the Federal Reserve prints the money to buy the debt. George Soros, in collaboration with the Chinese, Saudi’s and Russians, as well as a cabal of international speculators, orchestrates a run on the dollar and US banks. Fearing a repeat of the 2008 financial crash, American savers run to their local banks demanding cash and tell their stock brokers to sell everything. The banking system and stock market collapse overnight and the federal government orders a bank holiday (shades of 1933). With teller machines and credit cards no longer working hyperinflation occurs overnight. The cash money in circulation is not sufficient to handle the transactions of an economy used to transacting sales using a digital currency which is now virtually worthless.
11. With the collapse of the banking system the government can no longer direct deposit social security checks or recharge SNAP and other welfare payments. Employers cannot pay employees, buy raw materials, or sell goods. The economy grinds to a halt.
12. With welfare payments ended riots and looting begin in all major cities. The federal government uses the armed forces on American soil in an effort to restore order. Troops fire on and kill thousands of American citizens for the first time since the Civil War.
13. The press, Democrats, and the American people blame the Republican president for the economic disaster. The President, the VP, and the entire cabinet resign. Democrats and the press demand the Republican Congress appoint a Democrat president. Of course the preferred candidate is Hillary Rodham Clinton who has staged a miraculous recovery from her health issues. She is elected by Congress in emergency session. Congress also gives her emergency powers formally delegating all of its prerogatives and powers to her. Congress goes home, effectively ending the Republic.
14. President Hillary and first spouse Bill arrive in Washington. Her first action is to dissolve Congress and the Supreme Court, for the duration of the emergency, and name a committee of distinguished Ivy League scholars to write a new Constitution. She then orders the US military to disarm the population. She also asks Russia, China, and the international community for humanitarian aid to feed the starving population. A vote is taken in the United Nations which agrees providing the US destroy its nuclear weapons, slash its military to a small force having only the capability of keeping order in the cities. The US carrier fleet, drone fleet, and most other strategic weapons are given to Russia and China in exchange for food. Hillary orders the confiscation of all assets in the hands of private individuals and companies for the common good.
15. A minority of US citizens engage in guerrilla warfare against the state. Hillary requests the UN to send in troops to help quell the rebellion. A million Chinese soldiers are sent to the west coast while a million Russian soldiers are sent to the east coast. The US military is put under the command of the UN commander.
16. Millions of US citizens die of starvation during the winter of 2016-17. Millions more are killed fighting US and occupying troops. By the middle of 2017 the rebellion has been quashed at the cost of 50 million lives. Military bases and FEMA camps are turned into reeducation facilities under the auspices of the United Nations. Fifty million additional citizens are sent to the camps. Five years later when the camps are shut down, only 5 million people remain to return home.
17. The economy is rebuilt on the old Soviet model. There is no private ownership of property. People in the suburbs are forced to abandon their homes and either go to the camps or move into quickly constructed, shoddy state owned apartment buildings. Food, clothing and other essentials, need for survival, are rationed.
18. The new Constitution is ratified by a direct vote of the people. All rights and powers are taken from the states which become administrative districts under the new governing structure. The court system reports to the executive who is now elected by the legislature. Only one political party is permitted.
19. The United Nations determines the US must pay reparations for past crimes against humanity. The UN appropriates large tracts of federal land and turns administration of the lands over to the Chinese to administer and “develop” the resources. Soon strip mining and oil exploration is occurring in the former national parks and federal lands. The resources are transported to west coast ports for export. Meanwhile the American people endure frequent electrical brownouts and blackouts as well as severe petroleum fuel rationing due to the weakness of the US currency.
20. Twenty years later the former United states is a 4th world country stripped of its resources. Almost 200 million people have died of starvation or been executed during the period of distress. The remaining citizens live a miserable hand to mouth existence in shacks and dilapidated multifamily buildings. The elites charged with running the government and the few state owned companies live in walled and highly guarded luxury compounds along with the foreigners overseeing the occupying forces. The military has long ago been disbanded and UN troops continue to occupy most major cities to assist the national police in stomping out the frequent food riots. The nation’s national resources have been depleted by the Chinese and Russians. On the 20th anniversary of the “Great Liberation” in 2036, president Chelsea Clinton orders the bulldozing of Mt. Vernon, Monticello, Independence Hall, and all other symbols of the former tyrannical system of government that caused so much misery for the people.
Post 17 should refer to Clause 2 of Section 7 of Article I, not Section 8.
In the unlikely event of a Republican Congress taking Depression II (or anything else) seriously, the Administration always has the veto.
“In the unlikely event of a Republican Congress taking Depression II (or anything else) seriously, the Administration always has the veto.”
Therefore they’ve all decided to go down on the ship without a fight. Cantor’s spending more at a steakhouse than Brat spent on his entire campaign is telling. Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow you die.
At least several Senators of the old Roman Republic resisted the imposition of the empire, and died in the effort. In contrast the House and Senate Republicans seem to be cheering it on.
be nice to get a 2/3 majority.
legislate against an EO then 2/3 to override the veto
He also has Guns in his sights. He may try to pull a Clinton.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.