Skip to comments.Maryland mom accused of poisoning young sons with Visine
Posted on 07/02/2014 10:35:54 AM PDT by Red Badger
A Maryland mother was arrested Monday after she poisoned her young sons with eye drops, police in Pennsylvania said.
State police in Gettysburg announced they had arrested 23-year-old Samantha Unger, of Thurmont. She allegedly told state police in Gettysburg that she put drops of Visine into water and juice for her 3-year-old and that her 1-year-old became sick by drinking them accidentally.
Unger faces charges of aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of children.
A police affidavit says both children became sick this spring, and the older boy required hospitalization. Doctors at Hershey Medical Center suspected poisoning, and tests found the drug in the 3-year-olds urine.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Maryland State Police arrested Samantha Unger, 23, who allegedly told officers that she put drops of Visine into water and juice for her 3-year-old and that her 1-year-old became sick by drinking them accidentally.ADAMS COUNTY PRISON
Leonard Unger’s daughter?
Visine is one of the ingredients of Russian ultra-nasty synthetic drug “Krokodil,” which is injected. But even so...
wow don’t google that drug.
Her eyes are bloodshot, she could use some Visine.
new = knew
Visine is that poisonous? You put it in your eyes, it runs down your throat.
So she said she put Visine in the 3 year olds juice. And the problem is that the 1 year old drank it by mistake??? What the heck???
Nobody puts Visine in water and juice and leaves them where kids can get them.
Would that be a good cure for constipation?
In the old cold war days, KGB, MI6 and CIA agents caried Visine with them to lace the drinks of their enemies.
After drinking Visine, GI problems would take them out of action for awhile.
That was a plot point in an old episode of CSI.
Apparently the movie ‘Wedding Crashers’ popularized this “prank”.
You must have a strange anatomy..................
Wow. I have learned something new today. What kind of crazy people there are in this country!
“Tetrahydrozoline, which is also found in nasal sprays, can lead to coma, difficulty or inability to breathe, blurred vision, seizures, nausea and/or vomiting, according to the National Institutes of Health”
I think this is one of those cases of Munchhausen’s Syndrome by Proxy............
Pure urban legend.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.