Skip to comments.The Evolution of the Clinton Excuse Machine
Posted on 08/25/2016 4:23:54 PM PDT by Sasparilla
The Evolution of Clinton Excuses 1. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time. Ever. These allegations are false.
2. It all depends on what your definition of is, is.
3. Its a vast right wing conspiracy.
4. Its just another thing to throw against the wall to see if it sticks.
5. I dont recall.
6. At this point, what does it matter?
7. We didnt do anything wrong.
8. We didnt know we were doing anything wrong.
9. You cant prove we knew we were doing anything wrong.
10. Theres no evidence of any wrongdoing.
11. There is no controlling legal authority.
12. Thats old news. It's all been gone over in the last few weeks/ months/ years.
13. I would never do that.
14. Nobody does that
15. Everybody does that.
16. Ah hah hah hahahahaha
17. It was all a mistake/misunderstanding.
18. This is very much like Benghazi. Its just a hit job.
19. They're just grasping at straws.
20. I havent done the job I should have explaining.
21. Its all a ploy.
22. Im not concerned at all.
23. Its a non event.
24. Its absurd.
25. Its retroactive classification designed to sabotage me.
26. There is no criminal investigation.
27. I can't recall.
28. Have I ever lied to the American people? I've tried not to.
29. I'm not even going to answer that question.
30. Arf, Arf, Arf, Arf
31. No One From the FBI Has "Reached Out" to Me Yet in the Server Investigation.
32. The report is just what I said it was.
33. What I did was allowed. It was allowed by the State Department. The State Department has confirmed that.
34. I think last August I made it clear I'm more than ready to talk to anybody anytime.
35. It was fully above board. Everybody in the government with whom I emailed knew that I was using a personal email.
36. The system we used was set up for President Clinton's office. And it had numerous safeguards. It was on property guarded by the Secret Service. And there were no security breaches.
37. It's the same story...it's not an issue that will affect my campaign or my Presidency.
38. They clarified the rules after I left.
39. We didn't do anything different from Secretary Powell.
40. There was no reason Hillary needed to talk to the Inspector General because he could just read the statements shed made in the public arena."
41. At the end, I chose not to keep my private, personal emails. Emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral arrangements. Condolence notes to friends, as well as yoga routines, family vacations: the other things you typically find in in boxes."
42. "My emails are so boring. I mean, Im embarrassed about that - theyre so boring.
43. So weve already released, I dont know, 30,000-plus - so whats a few more?
44. Colin Powell made me do it.
How could it be a classified paper. I told them to turn it into a non-paper.
Paraphrase alert: everything said by Clinton is a lie, damn lie, or her version of the truth.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.