Skip to comments.Rick Perry, the Mosque and his agreement with Muslims
Posted on 06/30/2011 1:32:04 AM PDT by BereanBrain
Austin, Texas, 30 October 2009 At the invitation of Texas State Governor Rick Perry, Mawlana Hazar Imam traveled to Austin yesterday to sign an Agreement of Cooperation between the State of Texas and the Ismaili Imamat. During the visit, Hazar Imam and Governor Perry also held talks at the State Capitol on a range of issues of mutual interest
Describing the importance of the agreement, Governor Perry explained that traditional Western education speaks little of the influence of Muslim scientists, scholars, throughout history, and for that matter the cultural treasures that stand today in testament to their wisdom.
I support Rick Perry’s entry into the race to the extent that he will split the Romney votes.
You now, I never thought of that. Perry may be the thing that insures a Bachmann, Palin or Cain.
(BTW, Bachmann/Cain is my dream team.)
You either didn’t read carefully, or don’t want to understand. It’s not that Perry has a Muslim friend, it’s that he FLEW DOWN for the groundbreaking of a mosque when he would never do such a thing for a new church. Moreover, his vomit-worthy comments about Muslim scholars and scientists ,and “cultural treasures” of this religion should be a red flag for those of us considering him. Bob
I guess you *are* a recovering democrat, given that you can’t see that Rick Perry is treating the Imam “special”
BTW, you premise (that if you don’t vote for Rick Perry you are voting for Obama) is a classic Straw Man argument.
It’s a tactic demo liberals use to change the subject when they are losing.
You ought to know someone before you make such sweeping comments regarding their intentions/character/attitude. I’ve been here many years, and am as strong a conservative as anyone on this board.
But you’re welcome to your opinion, however wrong it may conflict with the facts.
And you implied that being against Rick Perry meant one must support Obama.
That’s a rather bold statement, no?
The difference I have seen in Muslims is their interpretations of jihad. Some interpret it as the Wahabbis do - convert, be subservient to Muslims and pay the bribe, or we will kill you. Others interpret it as the need to try to peacefully convert non-Muslims to Islam, much as Christians do. Many are luke warm Muslims just as many Christians are. Not all are avid readers of the Koran. Not all regularly attend the mosques or are vigilant in their daily prayers.
However, the Communists are a minority, too, and look how the few have subverted the many and have moved far in taking over this country. The minority Muslims are the same and we must be continually alert to their plans. The Communists are using the Muslims toward their end.
What part of that do you have trouble comprehending, Governor ?
Even better Look at the Homo’s and see how few have screwd up this country.
It is all related. See Communists Goals, a few of which are:
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
If you would rather stay at home or vote some loser third party candidate, then you do support Obama.
Might have been that way some time ago but not now. They have all signed, sealed a deal of inclusion...as all followers of Muhammed, the Koran and Islam.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.