Skip to comments.Romney: I’m Not Going To Be A ‘Flip-Flopper’ On Immigration
Posted on 07/02/2012 3:35:37 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
At a private meeting with a group of influential supporters including Rupert Murdoch, Mitt Romney said he wasnt going to flip-flop from his past positions on immigration, according to Politico:
Murdoch chimed in, three sources said, telling the candidate on the issue of immigration generally, You have to take the fight to Obama on this. Romney said the Hispanic vote is important, noting he has Sen. Marco Rubio on the trail for him and that one of his own sons speaks Spanish, but indicated he is not going to change positions from some of what he said in the primaries.
I know I took some positions in the primary that are hard to contend with in a general, Romney said, according to two sources.
I am not going to be a flip-flopper, he added, according to one guest....
(Excerpt) Read more at livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com ...
Mr. RomneyCARE has already taken both sides of this issue.
The criminal illegals on his Sanctuaries probably pointed
this out to him.
He said he wouldn’t flip flop on “some” of what he said in the primaries. Sounds evasive and non committal to me.
I cant tell if its heads or tails right now...
You should have waited 7 minutes so someone else could have the #1 post slot. I wonder how feels to be a Mitt-stalker?
In all fairness, I would believe this when he sitting in the White House. Question will he undo Obamas, case by case study ? Question, will he undo dreamers act, granting delays to those under 31,to be issued work permits, it started out at 800,00, last seen it was 1.4. million.Massive document fraud expected.The U.S. Military downsizing,where does the gov intend to find slots for thousands of dreamers vs regular citizens who wish to join up at the same time.Americans will join to be assued income, a place to live, a job for the next 4 years. We have thousands of vets returning who will need jobs, what of this vs giving work permits to dreamers ?
Romney is a squish. What you do is keep squishing him our way.
Pander, pander, qualify qualify, but but but ... I am not a flip-flopper!
Yep, it's Mitt alright.
Mitt Romney actually took the bull by the tail and faced the situation???
I think I caught him off guard, though. No cartoons or other images.
There are two viable political parties in the United States. Neither you nor I can change that in the short-term. Pick one.
“I agreed a long time ago that we need to reach out to our friends across the aisle for a comprehensive bipartisan immigration reform plan that shafts the American people as hard as they can take it. You have my word on it!”
You’re jumping the gun just a tad there, hoss.
How can you NOT be something you've already been?!
What I believe is that squishy RINO Romney (who beats Obama) has to be pushed to conservatism, and one way to do that is to win the Senate in November, and increase the R numbers in the House, with as many conservatives as possible. You kicked RINOs out along with the Dems, which in turn makes it easier to squish Romney in the direction to institute conservative laws and ideas.
Stand by for incoming from The GOP's "You-dumbass-Conservatives-will-take-what-we-give-you-and-you'll-like-it" crowd.
Which, his comment or the posted article?
I don’t know if I understand your question.
The moment, the subject of the media mogul's now famous tweet, took place at a private fundraiser/meet-and-greet put together and hosted by Ken Langone at the Union League Club in Manhattan late Thursday afternoon, several hours after the Supreme Court decision on health care came down, multiple sources told POLITICO.
The event was attended by between 40 and 50 people, sources said, including some major names in fundraising, finance and media. They included Murdoch and his top adviser Joel Klein, Randy Falco, the CEO of Univision, Goldman Sachs head Lloyd Blankfein, real estate scion Bill Rudin, hedge fund executives Stanley Druckenmiller and Julian Robertson, Jets owner Woody Johnson, former Rudy Giuliani adviser Anthony Carbonetti, and pollster and strategist Kellyanne Conway, according to sources familiar with the list of attendees.
But one of the most notable exchanges was on immigration, when Falco began by telling Romney how frequently President Obama has been on Univision in comparison to the Republican candidate, adding that he thinks it's important for the GOP hopeful to address what the president did on immigration a few weeks ago with his executive action move to halt some deportations.
Murdoch chimed in, three sources said, telling the candidate on the issue of immigration generally, "You have to take the fight to Obama on this." Romney said the Hispanic vote is important, noting he has Sen. Marco Rubio on the trail for him and that one of his own sons speaks Spanish, but indicated he is not going to change positions from some of what he said in the primaries
It's unclear if he met with Murdoch privately in addition to the fundraiser. But immigration is a signature Murdoch issue.
Romney'd be more believable if he told voters what he intends to do about all the criminal hyphenates violating our borders. They got more scams and schemes than you can shake a stick at.
I got a belly laugh when I read this-----The (cough) "Dominican American National Roundtable" who are not even US citizens but were registered to vote under multiple identities----whined to the feds to investigate whether access to the ballot was denied or suppressed for Latino/Dominican voters in the Democratic Primary for the 13th Congressional District---for Charles Rangel's seat. Rangel's oppoent is a Dominican and a member of the hyphenated whiners.
JUST HERE FOR A BETTER LIFE the Dominican group claimed that many Hispanics in the district were told their names were not on voting rolls and that they were not offered interpreters.
Warzer Jaffc/ NY State Sen. Adriano Espaillat---Rangel's opponent.
"NY state is going broke. I can't wait to get my hands on all that
federal money--disguised as foreign aid to the Dominican Republic."
This item came as an email. I cant verify the author. Its bad enough news, but there are two VERY expensive items left out which I have added at the end. Thanks!
Its easy to dismiss individual Programs that benefit non-citizens until theyre put together and this picture emerges. Someone did a lotof research to put together all of this data. Often these programs are buried within other programs making them difficult to find.
A Real Eye Opener - WHY is the USA BANKRUPT?
We have been hammered with the propaganda that it was the Iraq war andthe war on terror that is bankrupting us. You think the war in Iraq was costing us too much? Read this:
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.Verify:http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters7fd8
2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary & secondary education for children here illegally and [usually] cannot speak a word of English!Verify : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt....0.HTML
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.( or as Terry Anderson says: JACKPOT babies!)Verify http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify:http://transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.Verify: http://transcripts.CNN..com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt...01.HTML
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & socialservices by the American taxpayers.Verify: http://premium.cnn..com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01..HTML
9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. Verify: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRI
13. In 2006, illegals sent $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.
14. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ..Verify : http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. Are we THAT Stupid?WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
1. The Earned Income Credit...you know money people get back on their taxes that they NEVER paid into in the first place!llegal aliens, most of which pay zero in net taxes, enjoyed $4.2 billion from the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) last year. Thats more than the annual revenue from the selected oil tax deductions and corporate jet deductions combined!Verify: http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2011/09/02/illegal-aliens-receive-4-2-billion-in-additional-child-tax-credits/
2. The cost of prosecuting and being SURE these illegal entrants have their rights protected!In 2009, the U.S. Justice Dept filed nearly 92,000 immigration-related criminal cases in the federal courts. The record-breaking trend accounted for more than half of all new federal prosecutions in the country, according to data maintained at Syracuse University.. http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/search?q=federal+court+cases
Yes - but resistance, even hounding can move Romney more to the right .... and if Romney does not move more to the right he will lose millions of vote to those who have become cynical and just are too downtrodden to vote for Liberal Lite.
Why Romney supporters do not HOUND him to do something more for Conservatives to get their vote astounds me ... instead Romney supporters tell Conservatives to Eat Shiite and Die.... But Romney is too much of a weenie to take the same hard core position against obama... simply amazing
Keep in mind---all of those US tax dollars are collected under multiple identities.
ICE has reported that "impoverished" illegals "just here for a better life," routinely establish multiple identities with forged/faked documents, each bought for several thousand dollars-----in order to ride the US gravy train AND vote.
Jose Madrigal---the Washington state rapist---- had some 30 identities.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.