Skip to comments.From Our Pollster: Internals, Details of the Latest Polls (Many polls heavily weighted w/Dems)
Posted on 08/22/2012 8:47:08 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
- National RV (AP/GFK) Obama 47% Romney 46%. Poll sample D+8. June Obama 47% Romney 44%. Poll sample back then D+7
- National RV (Gallup) Romney 47% Obama 45%
- National LV (Rassmusan) Romney 46% Obama 44%
- Nevada LV (LVRJ/Survay USA) Obama 47% Romney 45%. Independents Romney 44% Obama 39%. Ryans budget play among Independents 49% approve 44% disapprove. Among Hispanics Obama 48% Romney 47%. It doesnt really make sense but ok. The Poll is a sample D+3.
- Wisconsin (Marquette university) among LV Obama 49% Romney 46%. among RV Obama 50 Romney 44%. Two weeks ago among LV Obama 50% Romney 45%; among RV Obama 50% Romney 43%. Difference between LV and RV in current poll is a 3 point gain for Romney. Does Ryan make you more or less interested to vote for Romney 29%; more 16%; less 53% no difference. Poll sample D+1. poll sample D+1
- New Mexico LV (Rassmusan) Obama 52% Romney 38%; April Obama 52% Romney 36%.
- Montana LV(Rassmusan) Romney 55% Obama 38%; June Romney 51% Obama 42%
- Massachusetts LV(PPP) Obama 55% Romney 39%. poll sample D+23; June same result but its was a RV poll and the sample D+26
- Vermont (Castleton state collage) Obama 62% Romney 25%
- Wisconsin senate LV (Marquette university) Thompson (R) 50% Baldwin (D) 41% 2 weeks ago (R) 47% (D) 43% poll sample same as presidential
- Wisconsin senate LV (PPP) Thompson (R) 49% Baldwin (D) 44%. month ago RV tie poll. Sample In both R+2
- Connecticut senate LV (Rassmusan) McMahon (R) 49% Murphy (D) 46%. First poll that showed the R ahead so we will have to wait and see if it stays. The R is very rich; spent $50M in a 2010 senate race.
Thanks for posting.
Linda McMahon has Billions
Doesn’t she pretty much own professional wrestling?
This over polling of Democrats vs. Republicans has a reason but is based on what determinants exactly, besides the obvious count of likely voters are largely Dems? Are there other more obscure factors, I wonder?
They are using turnout models from 2008 when dems were +7, in 2010 the pubs and dems were even.
This year IMO the turnout model will be even to R+2, Rasmussen has had the Generic ballot R+3 for awhile though the latest take was R +1,
When you factor in the enthusiasm gap...
The polls are trying to bump up barry the bozo.
Thank you, very much. That helps. A lot.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.