Skip to comments.Five Things You Can Do On Election Day to Help Defeat Barack Obama
Posted on 10/13/2012 5:43:57 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Election Day is coming up November 6th, 2012 in about 24 days. Thats just a little over three weeks.
Ive gotten quite a few emails from people telling me they want to help defeat Obama, but they dont know what to do to help on Election Day and dont have the time to figure it out; they asked me to do that work for them and give them suggestions on what they can do to really make Democrats lose BIG this year.
As always, Im willing if youre willing so here are five things Im telling my friends to do on Election Day to help defeat Obama. Now, everyone is different. Dont think for a second I am asking you to do all of this or any of it if you are someone whose schedule wont accommodate it. Maybe you have better ideas that work for you. I ask you to share those in comments so we can all consider them. Ive ranked these from easiest to most confrontational, knowing there are varying degrees of comfort out there in terms of what people are able to do. Dont feel bad if youre someone who doesnt like going out in public and talking to strangers about the election or if youre not up to taking a camera and documenting voter fraud or intimidation efforts thats not for everyone, and you can play a part in defeating Obama that meets your comfort level for activism. There is a role for everyone!
This is what I am telling my personal friends to do to make a difference in these remaining three weeks. You can do these things too or not but it would be great if you could think of something to do on Election Day to make life harder on Democrats. Reading political sites is great, but it doesnt provide any action against the Left it does not impact others. That requires taking another step and getting the information you read online out to people who dont frequent political sites and who might instead get all their information from the tee-vee (which we all know lies to people).
5. Spread the word to all your contacts that the tee-vee and newspapers cant be trusted and that they are deliberately misreporting the news to help Barack Obama; point out specifically that everything MSNBC and CNN says are flat-out lies (and remind them that not even FOX can be trusted all the time because there are people working there who want Obama to win as well). This is a big generational-gap thing but Ive noticed that people over 40 still believe the tee-vee tells them the truth and that its not a waste of time or money subscribing to the local newspaper. If I had to give one really good piece of advice to a friend, it would be to cancel the local newspaper delivery TODAY if he or she is still getting that bird-cage-liner and fish-wrapper thrown onto their doorstep each morning. ALL US newspapers lie. They are ALL controlled by lefties who push the Democrats talking points onto you. Stop sending these people your hard-earned money and giving Democrats free propaganda service. Why not replace the newspaper with reading your news online. There are some great websites that provide good information. Many of them are located in the LINKS sidebar right here on this site. If you must have the coupons or funnies that come with the Sunday paper, but one take out the sections you need and throw the rest of it out. Dont even look at it.
This is hard for a lot of people who are used to reading the paper, but trust me: you will be so much happier if you avoid the daily dose of Democrat propaganda thats being delivered to your doorstep. Some people claim they like to keep an eye on the lies that are being put out there, but thats like saying you enjoy keeping barrels of toxic waste in the house so you can keep an eye on radiation poisoning. Reading the newspaper every day exposes you to the Lefts talking points and often depresses and demoralizes a lot of people. Why subject yourself to this? Try canceling the paper and telling the person you talk to on the phone that you made this decision because you just couldnt take the lies, propaganda, and Leftist talking points anymore and you will not financially support the Ministry of Truth any longer.
Now, the tee-vee is harder to remove from your life. I did it back in 2009, and it was tough. I wont pretend it wasnt. I grew up on tee-vee in the 80s and 90s and I never thought Id eliminate it from my life completely. Until the 2008 election, Id always have either CNN or MSNBC on in the house just for companys sake; I enjoyed having the little update of news provide background noise to whatever I was doing at home. But none of the news channels are actually giving you unbiased news, which is what I realized in 2008 when I saw them all swing wildly into propaganda mode for Barack Obama. I think most people reading this understand that MSNBC is really just the TV arm of the Democrat Party at this point and should be listed as a political activism channel that supports the Left. CNN is not as bad, but is close, and no longer delivers news either but provides political opinion that generally skews 90% to the Left. FOX News is fun sometimes, I admit, but it has too many people masquerading as conservatives who really want Barack Obama to win. Some of that last bit is because what Obamas doing to America provides FOX easy coverage since its not all that hard to write stories each day blasting something terrible hes done; its a lot more work for conservative reporters when a Republican is in the White House so I think many people at FOX have a vested interest in secretly hoping Obama wins so that they have another four years of easily-obtained content.
I say turn all of them off. Trust me, if something important happens on any news program you will hear about it online. Breitbart.com and Mediaite.com do a great job of covering everything thats happening on the tee-vee. Theres no need to watch this stuff yourself 24/7. You can see the important stuff in YouTube clips later and spare yourself the grief of having to watch this stuff live.
Get the cable and save yourself some serious cash each month. Try online options like Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon Instant Video to watch shows you enjoy without paying a monthly cable bill. Almost all shows that air on cable channels besides HBO or Showtime are available on Amazon.com the day after they premiered on the tee-vee. I dont miss a single program I need to see because I dont have cable the online options cover it all.
If you really want to hurt the Left in a way thats non confrontational on your part, the very best thing you can do is to stop your newspaper delivery and cancel your cable tee-vee. Not only will you be costing the Ministry of Truth money that theyll lose in revenue from you, but youll also eliminate your households exposure to the Lefts propaganda. Think about the impact THAT will have. If youre not being exposed to the toxic propaganda then you also wont expose other people to it through your conversations (or telephone calls, like the ones my boyfriends mother CarolAnne makes to our apartment to repeat the lies she hears on the tee-vee or reads in the paper).
4. Stop spreading any of the Doom Reports you see pushed by the Left or the Tokyo Roses in conservative ranks about Obama winning this!.
This is another thing Im asking people to do that costs nothing but might involve breaking some bad habits on your part. Are you someone who repeats the lies that you hear or see in the news? Do you call up friends and spread this garbage, or do you force your family members to listen to you go on about how worried you are or how depressed youve become because youve been sitting in front of the tee-vee soaking up radioactive Doom Reports all day and now you need to vent? Are you selfish like this and become a burden to your friends and family? If so, please stop today.
Its a simple thing you can do that will make a big difference in this election. Im not going to mince words here or sugarcoat this, but if you are someone who cant help yourself and feel a need to spread Doom Reports to others then I think you have a problem thats akin to alcoholism. That means you need to start by admitting you have a problem and then taking steps to preventing yourself from engaging in destructive behavior anymore. Alcoholics cant take a drink and in your case I think you might not be able to watch the tee-vee or read the newspapers anymore because you cant control yourself when the Doom Reports start flowing. Do you know how alcoholics get drunk and embarrass their friends and family or go so wild with the booze that they need to be cared for, put into a cab, and babied until they sober up? Have you ever thought about how you might behave when you soak up all the Lefts propaganda in the media and then go around to everyone you know crying about how Were all doomed! Obamas going to win! Someone please spend hours with me convincing me this is not true!.
Its time to end this behavior if youre someone who engages in it. If you cant control yourself after watching the news then how is that any different from an alcoholic who cant be trusted with a bottle?
Before you blast out an email, share a Facebook link, call your friends to tell them something, or post something negative online why not think about what the effect of what youre doing will have on others. Is what you are doing going to pump people up to vote and show them that, yes, Barack Obama is going to lose and so we must make his loss as big as possible? If the answer is yes, then by all means do it.
But, if what you are about to say or do is something Democrats WANT you to spread to others then why on Earth are you going to help them by doing that?
Think before you drink and think before you spread any stink. Do. Not. Help. Democrats. EVER. Dont be their messenger service or rebroadcasters. Dont legitimize the Lefts propaganda by spreading it to your friends and family. Never, ever spread to others anything that fosters a belief that Obama is winning this!. Just dont do it!
3. Canvass your neighborhood and talk to the people who live around you and get them to think about what they really think of Obama, Biden, Romney, and Ryan. This is hard for a lot of people because talking to strangers is tough. A good way to do it is to just take a clipboard and a sheet of paper and set out to knock on doors and ask people if they have time for a quick survey. Say you are doing it for a research project related to the election (which is true). Then just ask them for the first word they think of when they hear the names Obama, Romney, Biden, or Ryan.
Write down their answers on the paper .in four columns (one for each name). Youd be amazed at what people will tell you just by giving those answers regarding word association. You dont even have to tell them who you are supporting. You dont have to talk politics at all. Just having them think about each name and a word that describes the person is enough to make them think about the election. Nine times out of ten theyll want to know what other people said. I like to let them know that other people think Obama is incompetent or hiding something or disappointing too or that Romney is also successful or a good businessman while Biden is bumbling or a cranky old man and Ryan is serious, prepared, or hot.
This is a very non-confrontational way to canvass. I usually say I am a student working on a study for an assignment. Which is not untrue because I am student of life and I am studying the election. Im studying it online, and my research is helping me understand the election.
Not everyone is comfortable doing this. Justin HATES knocking on doors with me but my friend Megan Fox likes it and so does my friend Althea and her kids. So I have different activities I can do with different people that I think impacts the election in different ways some subtle, others in-your-face. Speaking of which
2. Take your digital camera/phone/video camera with you when you vote and be prepared to film anyone outside intimidating people or anything odd that happens there. Its not okay in most places to film inside the voting location because you are not allowed to get photos/video of people actually voting. BUT you are certainly permitted to film outside and on your way into the building. If you see anyone electioneering at the location, film them and then call the police and report it. This is a matter for 911 if you see it happening because 911 is for calling the police to be present on the scene for something. If you see electioneering happening inside a polling place or you see anyone intimidating voters, the cops need to be there to stop it. Demand to file a police report on the matter, too, so there is a record of this happening. And make sure you get it on video.
Im 35 and taking pictures/video of things is hard for me to remember because this sort of thing was always so rare to do for the majority of my life. Cameras were bulky and we only took them with us on vacations so it doesnt immediately occur to me that theres a camera built into my cell phone. When somethings happening, my adrenaline starts pumping and I more likely than not will confront someone and usually start yelling for them to stop. Im trying to get Justin used to immediately whipping out his phone to film as I handle the confrontation part but even at 25 hes still slow on the draw and generally just stands there unable to believe whatevers happening is really happening. I think this is human nature for my generation and even people as young as Justin. But, in the future, people will be more attuned to this and will have the cameras out immediately. Im just not there yet.
If I was you, Id have the camera out filming from the moment I got of my car at the polling place (or from the moment I left the house if I walked there). Film your entire walk into the place, just in case. You can always delete it later if you dont need the video because nothing happened. When you get to the doors to enter the polling place, put the camera phone in your pocket but I would have it running anyway. You never know someone might says something thats inappropriate that youd then have on film. If they do, make them repeat it so you can get that on tape. Then, after you are done voting and you are leaving take the camera out again in case theres intimidation or electioneering going on outside on your way out. You never know what you will catch.
If you get something on tape thats intimidation or electioneering related, call the cops, then call the Board of Elections for your county, then demand to file a formal complaint on it, and then go home and upload the video to YouTube and make sure everyone you know (including us) knows about it. Document, document, document and then spread the word.
You just need to make sure you dont film anyone actually voting inside the polling place because thats against the law in most states but recording audio inside a polling place is not illegal in Illinois (just no capturing people actually voting on visual film). If you see anything strange and unusual or suspicious, tape it! And then complain about it to the officials in the polling place, the cops, and the Board of Elections.
1. Poll Watching. I know this is the most time-requiring and confrontational thing you can do on Election Day, but its very important for those who are able to do it. Can you take a vacation day on November 6th and spend it volunteering as a poll watcher where you live? This is different from being an Election Judge who is in charge of the polling place (but those are needed too). They might have all the election judges they need where you live, but I doubt they have enough poll watchers. You need to contact your local Republican Party and be persistent in the notion that you will be a poll watcher on Election Day. Now, some GOP groups are less helpful than others because some of them are little cliques that dont like outsiders (and some are just incompetent). Thats the reality of the world we live in. If you encounter resistance from them or the incompetence results in them not calling you back then you can try the Board of Elections in your county to see what your local laws allow in terms of poll watching. Im not going to say where Im going to be on Election Day because I want to catch voter fraud and intimidation on film as it happens, but Justin and I (and possibly my friend Megan Fox too) are going to be driving around Chicago to spots where union thugs have been spotted in the past engaging in voter intimidation efforts.
I want to get these peoples faces on film so that starting November 7th I can put it all online to identify these people and find out who pays them to do this every election here in Chicago. These are union thugs who stand outside the polling places here and intimidate people as theyre going inside to vote, warning them that if they vote the wrong way that the union will know and there will be consequences. Its time this is stopped so Ive picked out about 10 polling places that were going to monitor on the ground here in Chicago for any of these thugs. If I find them, I am going to film them while Justin calls the cops on his phone and we will file formal complaints with the Board of Elections about it and demand someone is sent immediately to stop these voter intimidation efforts.
If you dont want to become an official poll watcher, you can do something similar where you live. Just find the polling locations online and keep driving around to see what is happening. If you see thugs outside intimidating people, call the cops, get them on film, and put it on YouTube. Send us the link and well make sure people know about it. You dont have to confront these people or say a word to them: let the cops do that.
Between now and election day, make sure you look up the direct numbers for the Board of Election in your county but if you cant find those and you have a problem on November 6th, be sure to call 311 and tell the operator you are witnessing voter intimidation and you need to speak to the Board of Elections immediately. Ask to file a formal complaint and demand that an investigator be dispatched immediately to rectify whats going on.
Dont let Democrats steal this election through intimidation and union thuggery!
Everyone has a unique skill set. Everyone has personal likes and dislikes. But everyone reading this can play an important part in this election on YOUR own terms.
What are some things YOU would be comfortable doing between now and election day?
Let’s all vote for somebody marginally better and count our continuing descent into marxism as a victory.
If you don't want to work with a campaign, find a couple of neighbors, friends, or relatives who will vote for conservative candidates and make sure they get to the polls to vote. A simple call to ask a friend to join you in going to the polls can make a difference, or offering to watch a neighbors kids while they go to vote.
Don’t try and blow sunshine up my skirt, tell me how you really feel.
Sorry, my wife tells me I’m too obtuse on occasion. (I haven’t spoken to my wife in over three months...we’re not fighting, I just don’t like to interrupt)
He has some really good ideas.
You have to make the moves you can make when you can make them.
To do otherwise is to surrender and lose.
LOL. Did you marry my ex-wife by any chance?
Funny thing is, I’m telling my friends exactly the opposite. They are rabid Democrats and really think their guy(and Joe) is simply the best thing since is.....well, I don’t exactly know and neither do they.
Personally I think they are full of crap in terms of their excitement for this empty feeling in their hearts.
They are liberally eyes glazed and know deep down they can’t defend this chump who has quite literally and unimpeachably verifable evidence of going very much in the wrong direction.
I tell them the debates seem to have gone about even. I even interject a bit of a fib so they feel some victory, pyhric though and they know it.
See, my goal is to have them flat footed and stuck in one place so they arn’t all that motivated and doing their cheer leader stick.
I don’t want them angry flat and motivated.
I want them muted and mired.
Everyone’s mileage may differ but I see it working.
Then again, I can be manipulative just as much as they can.
I am in my 20's and have invited 3 friends of my deceased grandmother to lunch and then to early vote. I'm looking for some more on another day.
I sent several of my conservative friends and my lib turned anti Obama sister, all still in college, filled out forms and stamped, addressed envelops to apply to vote by mail.
I have arranged to take the guy who mows my moms yard to vote. He never votes but his dad is a judge and his brother works for the Romney campaign.
My ‘Palin 2012’ bumper sticker doesn’t help? It’s been pissin’ off other drivers for four years now...
Does your wife know?
All ood suggestion. Especially the last one. Look up the numbrs to cll and write them own. Have them on hand before you go to surveille the polls.
Nice to see you’re awake and paying attention.
6) If you live near important cities such as Philadelphia, the night before the election spread flyers all over the bad parts of town (throw them out the car window for safety). On the flyers, announce that there will be a huge giveaway of Obama cash at such and such address (far from the polling place).
Go to Topix:
Where you have access to thousands of forums/blogs in battleground states and refer them to:
The best Obama exposure site on the net:
The Obama File ...
The United States Library of Congress has selectedTheObamaFile.com for inclusion in its historic collectionof Internet materials
Just a few of the pages:
You can reach thousands of the uninformed!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.