Skip to comments.Dem congressman says he’s received threats over opposition to NRA
Posted on 01/19/2013 11:30:45 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVet
On Saturdays broadcast of Up w/Chris Hayes, Minnesota Democratic Rep. Rick Nolan suggested that the National Rifle Associations rhetoric is at least partially responsible for the increasingly disturbing threats he is receiving from constituents.
I think it would be a mistake to underestimate the kind of toxic effect that the NRA is having, Nolan said. I have never, ever in all my life feared for my security. And Im not fearful of it now. But Im a little more [concerned] than I ever had been before. Weve been getting a lot of not-very-thinly-veiled threats and calls into my office. You know, things like, You tell him he better watch his back. Nobody has actually come out and said theyre gunning for me, but the messages are quite angry, vitriolic and a little bit frightening to people at my front desk who have been taking the calls. Im a little nervous about it. Ive never been nervous before. But they are very toxic in the effect theyre having on the American public.
The NRA endorsed Nolans unsuccessful opponent in the 2012 race, then-Republican Rep. Chip Cravaack, and assigned Nolan an F rating because of his stance on gun control.
The last three or four days of this last campaign, Wayne LaPierre, head of the NRA, was in my district, going town to town with my opponent, he said. Anybody in my district that had ever gotten a hunting license got three or four calls saying, Nolan is going to take your guns away, which is not true. Im a big Second Amendment supporter. I hunt. I fish...
(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...
He should be afraid.
Perhaps the "We're going to come and take your Rights and your stuff" meme has something to do with the threats this person has allegedly received.
To the headline: if it he means someone whats to slap the stupid outta him - I agree.
Here we go with the “crosshairs” and evil right wing again.
Wake up dems, it’s your guys doing the killin’.
Given that Obama has ramped up his campaign apparatus over the gun issue, I'm sure that the Democrats were all given talking points that include saying they've received death threats. This is no different than when the Democrats said they were called the N-word on the Washington Mall after Pelosi strode out through the crowds with her hammer.
It's all a part of Obama's agitprop.
What a scumbag.
He’s toast. : ) Liberals run their mouths when fascist emotions get high, accidently expose the truth and then cry in their beer when the chickens come home to roost.
That’s okay - I’m a gun owning taxpayer and I’m threatened by this government every day.....
He’s totally for the 2nd Amendment, but he’ll vote for...
1) 100% gun registration.
2) Background checks on all gun transactions including ammo.
3) Gun licensing and mandatory training.
4) Extra taxes on guns and ammo.
5) Requirements to carry liability insurance to own guns.
6) Limits on the kinds of guns that can be manufactured, including guns locks keyed to owner’s DNA, fingerprints, etc. (single shot weapons preferred).
7) Requirement to store guns in government approved safes when not in use.
8) Random home inspections and certifications to ensure #7 or...
9) Requirement to store guns in federally owned storage sites.
10) One year waiting list to buy a gun.
11) Limits on the number of guns that can be purchased per year and/or total number that can be owned.
12) Anti-gun curriculum added to schools (children encouraged to report on family).
13) Requirement to send guns back to manufacturers for annual serviceability checks (this one would be a boon for gun manufacturers...)
14) Requirement to file plan prior to transporting any gun across state borders.
15) Requirement to buy government approved container and pay for professional installation in car prior to transporting any gun.
16) Whatever else he can think of to make it extremely difficult to own a gun!
Other than that, you still have the right to bear arms. He totally respects that!
Standard BS from commies when the heat starts getting hot in the kitchen. They start imagining that they are receiving “death threats”. Lighten up Ricky.
He hunts, eh? Hunts for what, hookers and cocaine? I swear if I had a nickel for every anti-gunner who claimed to be a hunter I could quit my job and retire quite comfortably.
If we had any journalists worthy of the name in this country they'd check on these claims.
If they got anything close to a threat there would be an investigation and charges filed, they are lying out their backside.
“increasingly disturbing threats he is receiving “!
Hope he and EVERY mutherfreaken gun grabbing politico is nervous.
The Second Amendment is the Sword of Damacles which hangs over the head of every politician.....the way it was meant to be.
I believe that DHS calls this a "no credible threat" situation...
This is the same thing that came out of the mouth of my oath-waffling sheriff here in Wake County, NC. The 2nd Amendment does not only support the right to keep and bear sporting goods. It is for suppressing tyranny, foreign or domestic, as we all know.