Skip to comments.A modest proposal for the troublesome tea party
Posted on 08/14/2014 11:21:38 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
The past few years have shown us that our political system is operating like a well-oiled machine, assuming that machine's primary purpose is to function horribly while producing nothing of value..
Stubbornness and disagreement have been raised to art forms, and the American people have made it clear they rate Congress only slightly more favorably than "scorpions in pants." The president isn't viewed much better, with an approval rating hovering around a dismal 40 percent.
There's ample blame to go around leftward, rightward, centerward (which isn't a word, but should be) but a new poll homes in on one of the biggest problems plaguing politics: the shrinking yet increasingly loud faux-populist tea party.
The tea party has spent most of President Barack Obama's time in office pushing Republicans to the right with such force that the GOP is spinning drill-like into the ground, poised to become the country's first subterranean political party. Noisy and threatening as tea party adherents may be, their politics remain far outside both the Democratic and Republican mainstreams, yet their presence continues to gum up the works.
The new McClatchy-Marist poll found that 25 percent of registered voters nationally identify themselves as Republicans. And only 40 percent of those Republicans say they support the tea party. That gives you a sense of scale....
(Excerpt) Read more at chicagotribune.com ...
The Tea Party is winning. For whatever losses are incurred, we are winning overall.
They just want us to go along to go along.... We’re not having it.
Fock worthless lefties who are nobody.
And, gee, I was really interested in their proposal. But damned if I'll give then $.99 for it...
How did I get in there and you can’t? I’m sure as hell not a newspaper subscriber, especially to that one.
(Rex) Huppke began his career as a chemical engineer, but soon decided that making money wasnt for him. Journalism seemed a reasonable path to povertyIf that was meant to be comedic or satirical, neither effect occurred. Same goes for any populist appeal.
Papers like that seem to give a couple of “free” articles per month. Switching browsers sometimes gets one past the paywall.
I’ve had the same browser since Al Gore invented this thing, basically.
If only 25% of the country is Republican how is it possible that they gum up the works for the other 75%?
They couldn’t , it’s a lie.
Oh, well. I can live without Messr. Huppke's thoughts...
Should be in Google’s cache in a couple of days, then. Or the cache of some other search engine.
funny how they never write these pieces aimed at liberal groups.
How many epitaphs have we been proscribed? Why do we zombie on? Why isn’t Uniparty whistling past the graveyard killt us yet?
And we’re just the loud ones. Wait until Nov. when the quiet ones come on board and vote.
The silent majority moves when it sees its champion, and Cruz has taken both Houses of Congress.
(Rex) Huppke began his career as a chemical engineer; but after flunking his first Chem 101 class soon decided that a difficult baccalaureate program wasn't for him. Journalism seemed a cake major...
but a new poll homes in on one
It only takes 26 Senators to keep that insane bandit Reid still holding the gavel. Just a swing of a small % of the most exclusive club can hopefully undo some of the crazy nonsense coming out of the Dark City.
It won’t let me read that article, but I almost don’t need to. Why would a liberal publication even CARE if the stupid tea party were gumming up the works? If the tea party is so useless and hopeless, forget about it and move on, libs. And if it screws up the republicans, shouldn’t you be overjoyed??
Or could it be that the pesky Constitution and the voters who give a poop about it are gumming up THE UNIPARTY RULE FOR THE STATISTS??! Hm?
I’ll be generous and say that he got stymied around the physical chemistry courses. Quite a bit of advanced calculus involved in stuff like that after all.
Obviously he has read the founders opinion of how the Federal Government is supposed to work.
Well pal that is how it is supposed to work. Unless the two houses of congress can agree on what to do they are supposed to do nothing.
The only thing gumming up the works is Obama who is going outside the plan and making up laws as he goes along.
If congress really wanted to get something done as the founders saw it they would be impeaching and removing Obama for his obvious High Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.