Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

To: PetroniDE
If you detonate one dirty bomb in the U.S., we nuke Mecca to the "promised land".

I did not hear anyone say lets bomb the vatican when Tim Mcveigh killed all those people in the federal building.

When Hitler and his Nazi killed millons, nobody talked about blowing up the pope or the queen of England, as head of their respective churches.

When the slaugher was going on in Yugoslavia, nobody wanted to blow up the vatican.

When the child molester priests for the last god only knows how many years have benn molesting children in their care, nobody calls for the end to the church, they do not even call for an excomunication from the church, which is the least they could do.

I did not hear anyone say let ban christian cults when Koresh and his people died down there.

or when Jim Jones killed 638 adults and 276 children. Nobody shouted bomb the vatican, cancel religious TV from the air. ban all cults. HEll NO

But when some News reporter wants to make a name for him/herself they can get instant headlines around the world and everyone want to blow up Mekkah.

There are 1.5 billion muslims, who worship only one God, the same as the christian god, the same as the jewish, god, and they are not all terorists.

If a few of them, compared to the 1.5 billion, calling it a few is still going a little far, want to be terrorists and kill innocents, then they will pay an awful price here and the next life.

Each and everyone one of us will be standing there in our birthday suits and will be judged on all our actions.

21 posted on 10/29/2003 11:18:22 AM PST by John_11_25
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]


To: John_11_25
I can't tell whether you agree or disagree with the original post; However, I think some clarification is needed because your comparisons are not equivalent.

It is well understood that one of the terrorists stated missions is "destruction of Israel". Another of their stated missions is for all to be converted to Islam (all else must perish). They don't want to live side by side with Christians, Jews, Buddists, and other religions. Since the United States is the ultimate symbol of religious freedom, we are the target.

Some of your comparisons are more military than religious based. The others were more local in nature and did not place in peril (at least directly) the freedoms we enjoy.

Finally, my post did not explicity say "nuke Mecca". It was meant that the implicit "threat" to their so-called "holy city" would sent the terrorists into fear mode; much the same way the U.S.S. Hornet sent an "implied threat" against the Japanese Emperor on April 16, 1942. While not considered to have a major military impact at the time, it coerced the Japanese into making the greatest military mistake of their history (closing the Midway "keyhole").

28 posted on 10/29/2003 11:34:23 AM PST by PetroniDE (Kitty Is My Master - I Do What She Says)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

To: John_11_25
...the same as the jewish, god...

Utter B.S.

34 posted on 10/29/2003 12:08:02 PM PST by tubavil
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

To: John_11_25
There are 1.5 billion Muslims, who worship only one God, the same as the Christian God, the same as the Jewish, God, and they are not all terrorists.

There is a difference between an Islamist and a Muslim.
An Islamist wants to kill you.
A Muslim merely wants you dead.


and they are not all terrorists.

I guess it's the 99% of the violent hateful Muslims that spoil it for the other 1%.

36 posted on 10/29/2003 1:32:31 PM PST by Bon mots
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

To: John_11_25
All Muslims might not be terrorists, but all the countries run by Muslims are complete screw-ups at the moment. Except maybe Turkey, due to its highly secular military.

There are no countries in the world right now where Biblical law is the end-all of all laws. There are some nutty things in Deuteronomy by today's standards. But there are lots of governments that rigorously apply the Koran. Total subjugation of women. No interest. So following the Koran makes your country a complete basket case, unless you happen to have your country on the same place where a couple million dinosaurs happened to die, so you can hire some infidels, have them pump out the oil, and sell it to other infidels who use it to create consumer goods that you can buy.

48 posted on 10/29/2003 5:11:00 PM PST by Koblenz (There's usually a free market solution)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson