"The most productive cut is to get rid illegals with a criminal background. They are not only a hazard and a cost in the usual sense, they will be the ones most likely to get seriously violent and destructive when you start the rest of the program. I dont know how to go about that, but I see it as critical."
We are working on this right now. We live on 30 acres just 15m min north of the Santa Clarita Valley (So Cal). It's always been nice and peacful and the neighbors we DO have have always been great. They keep to themselves, keep an eye on each others property and help to keep people from dumping trash, tresspassing, etc.
Well now, in the next canyon over we have a proplem with a guy who bought some land, dumped a couple of run down trailers on it and now runs a Mexican restaurant under a big tarp every Sunday! There's no water, no electriciy, no sewer, nothing. We've counted 150+ car's in and out on one day alone. He slaughters animals on Saturday night and start cooking. Sunday they serve beer and food. He's told the cops it is his "extended family". He muist have a large family because I have logged over 400 differnt license plates.
Now, I have no problems with people doing what they want on their land and long as it doesn't interfere with me. But our issues are:
1) Amplified music 8am through 6pm all day Sunday that we can hear in our house. They have generators.
2) Trash (Beer bottles, wrappers, etc) all along the mile road to the paved highway fromhis drunken customers.
3) His lost customers driving up our road and OPENING OUR GATES trying to find this illegal set up. I've run several belligerent non-english speaking people off my proprty at gun point. Then called the cops.
4) Drunks walking up to our house and hiking into our canyons and harassing my family and horses.
5) Drunk customers driving the dirt road to the paved highway at high speed (this is a horse trail)
We've called the cops every Sunday (as have the other residents) and we now have the health dept and INS on our radar but so far they are all dragging their feet or deferring us to other agencies. The cops and health dept and have admitted that most of the people down at this place are probably illegals. They also say there are similar operations popping up all over So Cal. It's very frustrating.
posted on 11/18/2003 4:06:47 PM PST
(Protective headwear courtesy of Reynolds Aluminum Products Anti-implant Division)
Borrow an INS or Border Patrol uniform and slowly drive by the place a few times. Check with the tax agencies to see if this guy is paying taxes on time. That'll get a response!
posted on 11/18/2003 8:58:13 PM PST
(Wave your flag, dont waive your rights!)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson