Skip to comments.Jacko Video NOT Finished for Totp Relaunch
Posted on 11/28/2003 1:18:22 PM PST by Helms
5:11pm (UK) Jacko Video Not Finished for Totp Relaunch
By Anthony Barnes, Showbusiness Editor, PA News
Top Of The Pops bosses had to drop a planned worldwide premiere of Michael Jacksons new video tonight because it was not finished.
The promo was supposed to be one of the highlights of the relaunched BBC1 chart show.
But this afternoon show chiefs were told by Jackos record label Sony they would be unable to screen the troubled stars film.
Jackson is currently being investigated in the US over allegations of molestation.
Makers of the programme stressed the cancelled screening was nothing to do with Jacksons current troubles. They had earlier justified the broadcast on the chart legends musical merits he is currently at the top of the album charts with Number Ones.
A spokeswoman for the show now renamed ALL NEW Top Of The Pops said: Its a shame that we will no longer be able to play the worldwide exclusive clip of Michael Jackson performing a song from his number one album.
This was Sonys decision but the show goes on with performances from Kylie Minogue and Will Young among others.
A spokesman for Sony said: The video is being edited and is way behind schedule so it was impossible to use.
It is due to come in on Wednesday so they will be able to play it on a future show.
What are those Brits thinking?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.