1) What is your position on abortion - under what circumstances should abortion be made illegal/legal? When does life begin and how should it be protected at the state and federal levels? Do you agree or disagree with the Roe v Wade decision? Do you support the Human Life Amendment?
2) What is your interpretation of the First Amendment Establishment Clause? Do you support public religious expressions such as 10 commandment displays at courthouses and prayers at legislative sessions, football games, schools, etc.? Do you support school vouchers that can be for religious schools? 2b) What is your position on the McCain-Fiengold Campaign Finance Reform law? What is the best policy regarding campaign finance?
3) Do you support the right to keep and bear arms? What is the purpose(or intent) of the 2nd Amendment? what policies do you support to preserve RKBA?
4) Do you support the war on terror? What specific things should be done to win the war on terror? How do you define victory in this war?
4b) Are there any sections of the Patriot Act or the proposed Patriot Act II that you oppose?
5) What is your view of Federalism and the rights of states under the 9th and 10th amendments? What areas should the Federal govt leave to the states?
6) What role should the Federal judiciary play and how would you ensure judges stay within that role? What would you do to rein in excessive judicial activism? Are there specific court decisions you oppose, and what do you propose to correct them?
7) What role should the United Nations play in US foreign policy? in US domestic policy?
8) What specific changes or refoms should be made to:
U.S. Tax System
Defense and Military
Health Care System (including Medicare, Medicaid)
Legal System (lawsuits)
Crime and Criminal Justice
9) What policies do you support to enhance Economic Growth and increase standard of living and create jobs? 9b) What is your position on trade (free trade versus trade barriers)? How should American policy respond to the outsourcing of jobs? 9c) Do you support or oppose the Bush guest worker program? Do you support or oppose amnesty for illegal aliens? Do you support increased immigration law enforcement (eg CLEAR Act)? Do you support or oppose immigration reforms to reduce immigration levels and the cost of immigration?
10) What policies do you support to protect the traditional family and the traditional definition of marriage? 10b) Do you oppose or support state laws recognizing homosexual/same-sex marriage and civil unions? How should the Federal govt handle this? What is your position concerning hate crimes? Do you support a Constitutional Amendment that declares marriage to be between a man and woman?
11) Do you support Term Limits? If so, in what form?
12) What is your position on affirmative action and racial preferences, and quotas? Should Texas Colleges and Universities use race as a factor in admissions?
13) Do you oppose Socialism? Why is Socialism wrong? How would you work to expose it and defeat it in our country? 13b) What will you do as a candidate and in office to advance Conservative causes and make the case for limited Government?
14) What are your important qualifications and qualities that you bring as a candidate to this office?
15) What will your top priorities be in this position? To what extent does your faith and family affect your priorities and viewpoints?
16) Why are you the best person for this office?
17) What parts of the Texas Republican Principles and Platform do you agree with? Disagree with?
Are there any ways in which the Heart of Texas(Central TX) and Houston Area Texans Chapters of FreeRepublic.com can help you in your campaign in addition to making an endorsement?
We probably ought to give them a little intro to FR to get them more interested(1,000+ Texas FReepers). How was it that the one reporter described FReepers after the Hillary FReep(Fierce ?? tribe)?