To: Pan_Yans Wife
Imam Khomeini Relief Committee :
"In accordance with the Decree of 5 March 1979, issued by the late leader of the Islamic Revolution, the Imam khomeini Relief Committee was established to help the poverty-stricken segments of the Iranian population, particularly women lacking financial support and orphaned children."
* Provision of free stationary, textbooks and clothing for schoolgirls.
* Assisting female students in their efforts to obtain a college education.
* Establishing dormitories for female students and providing women with facilities for further training through correspondence courses.
* Setting up workshops to train women in small- industry professions.
*Establishing new library facilities.
* Organising camps for schoolgirls and female university students on regional and national levels.
*providing capital and venue for women to set up private business establishments."
posted on 03/03/2004 8:24:16 PM PST
(CAUTION: I'm an acquaintance of someone labelled :"an obstinate supporter of dangerous fantasies")
posted on 03/03/2004 8:34:31 PM PST
by Pan_Yans Wife
(The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals. --- Kahlil Gibran)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson