I agree with your sentiments, but I would suggest that prayer may not be enough in this case.
So many wildfires are set by people, just for a thrill or some other sick reason, that we can, unfortunately, be fairly well assured that it WILL happen again this year.
A few things to consider:
1. Mandatory death penalties for arsonists who set fires resulting in the death of a human.
2. Mandatory life sentences for other convicted arsonists.
3. A class-action suit against the U.S. Forest service for extreme negligence
4. Criminal charges for gross negligence and the willful endangerment of life for the directors of the U.S. Forest Service.
Anyone else care to add to the list? :-)
posted on 05/11/2004 12:10:11 AM PDT
Your list appeals to me emotionally, but I would alter #3 and #4 ever so slightly.
Environmental groups have been suing the various agencies responsible for public land management for decades. As a result, the scarce financial resources have been diverted into the legal defense effort and away from the forests where they're most needed. I'd sue the enviro groups for tying the hands of USFS/BLM/et al and preventing them from doing their job.
posted on 05/11/2004 5:11:42 AM PDT
(The enemy's gate is down!)
"...Anyone else care to add to the list? :-)..."
5. Force the envirnazis to fight the fires along side of the regular firefighters. Since they are the ones who prevent the clearing of dead trees that adds fuel to the fires, maybe they should reap the "rewards" of their efforts.
I do hope this isn't a bad fire season. The people living in the potential paths don't need it.
posted on 05/11/2004 6:17:11 AM PDT
(Support Mel Gibson and "The Passion of the Christ")
I agree with your list. Also might I add, homeowners and people living in rural areas. Clear firebreaks if possible around your house. Plant native flora where possible. Clear/cut grass and brush around property. Trim trees back so they don't touch the house. Non-flammable roofing materials. This isn't rocket science, just common sense. Another season is upon us. Gotta keep vigilant. I keep face masks in the house and in my car along with leather work gloves.
2a. Mandatory life sentences for all leaders of environmental groups and congressional officals for their activities which have made it nearly impossible for the Forest Service to prevent damage and deaths from massive forest fires, taxing both their resources and their ability to do so.
posted on 05/11/2004 10:17:22 AM PDT
((.Praying for President Bush, our troops, their families, and all my American neighbors..))
5. Willful endangerment of life of humans for any and all members of ANY enviro group, targeting the leaders first, and working your way down.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson