Hmmm, how 'bout these Truths (from the ConstitutionParty.com):...
7. There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons - use them.
"23. Evolution cannot explain Creation. "
Creation can't explain dinosaurs.
"24. Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."
This is a true truth. I figured this out for myself way back when in the 70s. I would only change the phrase "mainstream of society" to "levers of power".
Jamie Gorelick, please phone home.
20. Only liberal's use apostrophe's for plural's.
I'm struck by how timeless they are. Replace "Communism" with Islamofascism" and Rush's Undeniable Truths Of Life remain as fresh as when they were issued back in 1985. That was at the height of the Cold War. Thankfully, the USSR is now history but we're facing today an enemy even more dedicated and dangerous as an opponent of freedom and American civilization than the Communists. Liberals are still in deep denial about the real nature of our world.
2. The greatest threat to humanity lies in the USSR.
So what he's saying here is, "The [nuclear arsenal of the USSR] lies in the USSR."
Was that entirely true? At the time Rush announced those "truths," were all Soviet nuclear weapons inside the borders of the USSR?
10. Communism Kills.
No, it doesn't. Abstract ideals can't hurt anyone any more than an inanimate firearm can. People kill people. Communists murder people, not "Communism." Karl Marx never hurt anyone. (I'm not defending his beliefs or claiming he was "misunderstood" by the Communists who followed him, just pointing out that he never killed anyone--and only those who carried out the murders or supportted the murderers are guilty).
18. I am not arrogant.
Of course, all three of these are very minor points, nit-picking really.
I always read these when I'm feeling a little down.
From Rush's newsletter:
1. There is a distinct singular American culture - rugged individualism and self-reliance - which made America great.
2. The vast majority of the rich in this country did not inherit their wealth; they earned it. They are the country's achievers, producers, and job creators.
3. No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.
4. Evidence refutes liberalism.
5. There is no such thing as a New Democrat.
6. The Earth's eco-system is not fragile.
7. Character matters; leadership decends from character.
8. The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.
9. Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century.
10. The 1980's was not a decade of greed but a decade of prosperity; it was the longest period of peacetime growth in American history.
11. Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy every time it's tried.
12. Condoms only work during the school year.
13. Poverty is not the root cause of crime.
14. There's a simple way to solve the crime problem: obey the law; punish those who do not.
15. If you commit a crime, you are guilty.
16. Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.
17. The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four "R's": reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush.
18. I am not arrogant.
19. My first 35 Undeniable Truths are still undeniably true.
20. There is a God.
21. There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion.
22. Morality is not defined by individual choice.
23. The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they're not liberals.
24. Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.
25. Follow the money. When somebody says, " It's not the money," it's always the money.
26. Liberals attempt through judicial activism what they cannot win at the ballot box.
27. Using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected, but poisoned with welfare dependency funds.
28. Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth.
29. Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people no longer need it.
30. Compassion is no substitute for justice.
31. The culture war is between the winners and those who think they're losers who want to become winners.
32. The losers think the only way they can become winners is by banding together all the losers and then empowering a leader of the losers to make things right for them.
33. The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots were caused by rioters.
34. You could afford your house without your government - if it weren't for your government.
35. Words mean things.
My personal favorites are #3, #8, #9, #23, #24, #29 & #33.
Why is it this, although written in 1988, sounds like it was written today, but when a Democrat speaks, you wonder what he's looking at.
Rush wasn't on today, or any day this week.
So the Lombardi and Lambeau-era Green Bay Packers were chopped liver?
Rush, you're WRONG!