Skip to comments.LIBERALS and NAZIS (Send this to your left wing acquaintances)
Posted on 05/25/2004 12:35:08 AM PDT by Capitalism2003
"We ask that the government undertake the obligation above all of providing citizens with adequate opportunity for employment and earning a living. The activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the interests of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the good of all. Therefore, we demand: an end to the power of the financial interests. We demand profit sharing in big business. We demand a broad extension of care for the aged. We demand the greatest possible consideration of small business in the purchases of national, state, and municipal governments. In order to make possible to every capable and industrious [citizen] the attainment of higher education and thus the achievement of a post of leadership, the government must provide an all-around enlargement of our entire system of public education We demand the education at government expense of gifted children of poor parents The government must undertake the improvement of public health by protecting mother and child, by prohibiting child labor by the greatest possible support for all clubs concerned with the physical education of youth. We combat the materialistic spirit within and without us, and are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from within on the foundation of the common good before the individual good."
From the political program of the Nazi Party, adopted in Munich, February 24, 1920
No further words are necessary...just read closely.
(Speech of May 1, 1927. Quoted by Toland, 1976, p. 306)
[Below is the 25 of the NSDAP Program - This is basically the National Socialist German Workers Party Platform. It included measures that in effect would redistribute income and war profits, profit-sharing with large industries, nationalization of trusts, extensive development of old-age pension (just like FDRs Social Security Program), and free education. Clearly this demonstrates Hitler was indeed a left winger and here is startling proof.]
The 25 points of the NSDAP Program were composed by Adolf Hitler and Anton Drexler. They were publically presented on 24 February 1920 "to a crowd of almost two thousand and every single point was accepted amid jubilant approval." (Mein Kampf, Volume II, Chapter I) Hitler explained their purpose in the fifth chapter of the second volume of Mein Kampf:
[T]he program of the new movement was summed up in a few guiding principles, twenty-five in all. They were devised to give, primarily to the man of the people, a rough picture of the movement's aims. They are in a sense a political creed, which on the one hand recruits for the movement and on the other is suited to unite and weld together by a commonly recognized obligation those who have been recruited.
Hitler was intent on having a community of mutual interest that desired mutual success instead of one that was divided over the control of money or differing values.
THE COMMON INTEREST BEFORE SELF-INTEREST - THAT IS THE SPIRIT OF THE PROGRAM. BREAKING OF THE THRALDOM OF INDIVIDUAL INTEREST - THAT IS THE KERNEL OF NATIONAL SOCIALISM.
In these straightforward statements of intent, Hitler translated his ideology into a plan of action which would prove its popularity with the German people throughout the coming years. For many, the abruptness of its departure from the tradition of politics as practiced in the western world was as much of a shock as its liberal nature and foresight of the emerging problems of western democracy.
The Programme of the German Workers' Party is designed to be of limited duration. The leaders have no intention, once the aims announced in it have been achieved, of establishing fresh ones, merely in order to increase, artificially, the discontent of the masses and so ensure the continued existence of the Party.
1. We demand the union of all Germany in a Greater Germany on the basis of the right of national self-determination.
2. We demand equality of rights for the German people in its dealings with other nations, and the revocation of the peace treaties of Versailles and Saint-Germain.
3. We demand land and territory (colonies) to feed our people and to settle our surplus population.
4. Only members of the nation may be citizens of the State. Only those of German blood, whatever be their creed, may be members of the nation. Accordingly, no Jew may be a member of the nation.
5. Non-citizens may live in Germany only as guests and must be subject to laws for aliens.
6. The right to vote on the State's government and legislation shall be enjoyed by the citizens of the State alone. We demand therefore that all official appointments, of whatever kind, whether in the Reich, in the states or in the smaller localities, shall be held by none but citizens.
We oppose the corrupting parliamentary custom of filling posts merely in accordance with party considerations, and without reference to character or abilities.
7. We demand that the State shall make it its primary duty to provide a livelihood for its citizens. If it should prove impossible to feed the entire population, foreign nationals (non-citizens) must be deported from the Reich.
8. All non-German immigration must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who entered Germany after 2 August 1914 shall be required to leave the Reich forthwith.
9. All citizens shall have equal rights and duties.
10. It must be the first duty of every citizen to perform physical or mental work. The activities of the individual must not clash with the general interest, but must proceed within the framework of the community and be for the general good.
We demand therefore:
11. The abolition of incomes unearned by work.
The breaking of the slavery of interest
12. In view of the enormous sacrifices of life and property demanded of a nation by any war, personal enrichment from war must be regarded as a crime against the nation. We demand therefore the ruthless confiscation of all war profits.
13. We demand the nationalization of all businesses which have been formed into corporations (trusts).
14. We demand profit-sharing in large industrial enterprises.
15. We demand the extensive development of insurance for old age.
16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a healthy middle class, the immediate communalizing of big department stores, and their lease at a cheap rate to small traders, and that the utmost consideration shall be shown to all small traders in the placing of State and municiple orders.
17. We demand a land reform suitable to our national requirements, the passing of a law for the expropriation of land for communal purposes without compensation; the abolition of ground rent, and the prohibition of all speculation in land. *
18. We demand the ruthless prosecution of those whose activities are injurious to the common interest. Common criminals, usurers, profiteers, etc., must be punished with death, whatever their creed or race.
19. We demand that Roman Law, which serves a materialistic world order, be replaced by a German common law.
20. The State must consider a thorough reconstruction of our national system of education (with the aim of opening up to every able and hard-working German the possibility of higher education and of thus obtaining advancement). The curricula of all educational establishments must be brought into line with the requirements of practical life. The aim of the school must be to give the pupil, beginning with the first sign of intelligence, a grasp of the nation of the State (through the study of civic affairs). We demand the education of gifted children of poor parents, whatever their class or occupation, at the expense of the State.
21. The State must ensure that the nation's health standards are raised by protecting mothers and infants, by prohibiting child labor, by promoting physical strength through legislation providing for compulsory gymnastics and sports, and by the extensive support of clubs engaged in the physical training of youth.
22. We demand the abolition of the mercenary army and the foundation of a people's army.
23. We demand legal warfare on deliberate political mendacity and its dissemination in the press. To facilitate the creation of a German national press we demand:
(a) that all editors of, and contributors to newspapers appearing in the German language must be members of the nation; (b) that no non-German newspapers may appear without the express permission of the State. They must not be printed in the German language; (c) that non-Germans shall be prohibited by law from participating financially in or influencing German newspapers, and that the penalty for contravening such a law shall be the suppression of any such newspaper, and the immediate deportation of the non-Germans involved.
The publishing of papers which are not conducive to the national welfare must be forbidden. We demand the legal prosecution of all those tendencies in art and literature which corrupt our national life, and the suppression of cultural events which violate this demand.
24. We demand freedom for all religious denominations in the State, provided they do not threaten its existence not offend the moral feelings of the German race.
The Party, as such, stands for positive Christianity, but does not commit itself to any particular denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and without us, and is convinced that our nation can achieve permanent health only from within on the basis of the principle: The common interest before self-interest.
25. To put the whole of this programme into effect, we demand the creation of a strong central state power for the Reich; the unconditional authority of the political central Parliament over the entire Reich and its organizations; and the formation of Corporations based on estate and occupation for the purpose of carrying out the general legislation passed by the Reich in the various German states.
The leaders of the Party promise to work ruthlessly -- if need be to sacrifice their very lives -- to translate this programme into action. ___________________________________________-
As you can see, the official Nazi platform is an almost word for word copy of what leftist parties around the globe are promoting TODAY. Astonishing really. Please send some of the quotes above to your liberal friends and ask them how it feels to support the same tyrranical policies promoted by Adolf Hitler. I would love to hear the responses.
Socialists (known today oxymoronically as "liberals") also support the killing of millions of people. Ever hear of Stalin? Mao?
The Nazi platform and the modern Democrat platform are so similar because the ideological roots are the same. The former is national socialism, the latter transnational socialism.
Were it an exaggeration to make the comparison, I'd be relieved. Sadly, it is not.
Economic oppression inevitably leads to political oppression. That is my point.
The modern left and the left of Hitler's day are in agreement on the need to drastically curtail economic liberty and discourage individual achievement. They both support centralized planning and large infringements on economic liberty. The average American will work 25 YEARS of his life for the STATE. The modern left justifies (and tries to EXPAND) this type of slavery. With this in mind, I don't think there are limits to what they will do in the future.
I didn't even mention the similarities libs have with Hitler on gun control...
Oh, and I'm willing to bet Kerry will do everything in his power to destroy Fox News and talk radio once he gets his hands on the reins of power. The left is determined to silence the opposition.
When did the nazis take power, when did they start the mass extermination, and what happened in between? The point that nazis were socialists is a point well taken. What comparison would you have him make? The STASI ?
On a slightly more serious note, I believe that the government regulatory programs initiated by the National Socialist Party in pre-war Germany were merely an extension of the Bismarckian predilection for the ideology of corporatism.
If I'm not mistaken, Bismarck was the original paleo-con.
NAZIism was rather unusual for a varient of fascism. While most fascist leaders killed those who opposed them, large scale democide was rarely an objective.
As such, the complaint that current Leftist thought and NAZIism are uncomparable due to NAZI genocide is a fair argument. However, if we look at fascism as a whole and the modern Left that complaint goes away.
Further, I would say the pattern of Leftist thought since the fall of the communism in the Soviet Union has been unquestionably in the direction of fascism. Can you seriously argue that Oswald Mosely, for example, would not be happy with the effort to integrate Europe into one state of a supremely questionable democratic nature?
Shame on You!
Your defense of the rhetorical devices of the liberals falls equally flat. The NAZI political platform cited here was the platform they used before they undertook the "systematic extermination of millions of people".
The comparison is relevant. The two parties have similar political platforms, it is logical they have similar goals.
I guess it comes down to the definition of "mainstream liberals". Do you consider ANSWER, MoveOn.org, NARAL, the NEA, and similar groups to be in that category?
Mainstream liberals do not have enough in common with nazis to warrant such a comparison.
Yes, it is shame less (there is no shame necessary).
Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and their elitist ilk would have ALL CONSERVATIVES KILLED, without blinking an eye, if it would further their own power. They are poverty pimps and use the "comman man/woman" as mere stepping stones to acheive their EVIL, SELFISH AGENDA.
Looking at #11 onward, the words could be taken almost verbatim from American socialist websites. No doubt, left-wing authoritarianism is alive and well.
I understand the necessity in backward, underdeveloped countries such as Afghanistan, Nepal, the smaller Gulf states, etc., but I don't see how having Queen Elizabeth II as your head of state is really doing the Canadians or Australians any favors.
I agree with your assessment of the Continental divide over the definition of conservative principles.
Give it a rest! These guys are only conservatives in comparison with the Jose Bove, anarchistic freaks who serve as their political counterparts on the "left."
Most of the European parliamentary parties who are labeled "conservative", e.g. the People's Party, the Freedom Party, Umberto Bossi's Northern League, are in fact, merely right-wing. There is a significant difference between the two terms.
The media should know that by now.