DTA, you seem to be deficient in WWII Balkans history. Albania, along with Greece and Serbia, were conquered and occupied by the Axis in WWII. Those were the three countries in the Balkans that were the home of extensive resistance movements. Albania, although a much smaller county and on a much smaller scale, mirrored closely the resistance movement in Yugoslavia. They had anti-Axis nationalists, anti-Axis Royalists, and of course the communist Partisans under Tito-ally and future dictator Hoxha. Similar to the Chetnik-Partisan fights in Serbia, the Albanians did not just fight the Italians and Germans, but often each other.
Just like Serbia with Nedic, the Albanians had a puppet government although they did not have a home-grown fascist movement such as the Serbian "Zbor".
Now, DTA, what about these guys:
Serbisches Freiwilligen Korps der SS
You can read a little bit more about Serb collaborationist and SS forces here.
To: mark502inf; DTA
Mark, it was the Serbs revolt against collaboration that got Belgrade bombed on Orthodox Easter in 1941.
Something that would be repeated by the American criminal Clinton almost a half-century later.
Anyway, run the numbers and you'll see that the Serb Quislings were a tiny minority of the population while the Muslims embraced their new Nazi masters with the same fervor that they used to show in prostrating themselves before the Turks.
posted on 06/03/2004 9:41:42 AM PDT
(It's the 99% of Mohammedans that make the other 1% look bad.)
>>>>>Now, DTA, what about these guys: <<<<<
If you look up Waffen SS Order of Battle you will not find "Serbisches Freiwilligen Korps der SS" in it. Because it was not part of Waffen SS while Serbia was occupied by the Nazis.
From the link you provided , allegedly Waffen SS took comand of SFK in NOVEMBER 1944.
Just to remind you that Serbia was liberated from the German Nazi occupation in OCTOBER 1944.
Or, for the historically impaired, Nazis took control of SFK when SFK LOST war in Serbia and fled from Partisans and Red Army.
You are as good as your sources are. And your sources suck- one man show by an amateur in Sweden (pro nazi?)
If you feel so compelled to lecture anyone on WWII history, perhaps you should first read the reputable sources to familiarize yourself with the subject. Good place to start are American books printed before 1989.
posted on 06/03/2004 10:26:57 AM PDT
(you ain't seen nothing yet)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson