Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

To: mark502inf
The indictment in itself does not prove anything. There are plenty of indictments which do not end in convictions, even at show trials like Reichstag Fire, Moscow in 1930s etc ... so the show trial in Hague has some chance not to fall below the Nazi and Commie examples.

Also look at the fact that the report by Finnish experts was delayed on demands coming from the Western sponsors of KLA as it contained some indication of a fraud(so the attcak on Serbia could go on).

Another interesting fact is that this "massacre" appeared gradually under the supervision of William Walker - "humanitarian" expert has curious background of being in Central America at the time of death squads epidemic.

80 posted on 05/30/2004 4:13:49 PM PDT by A. Pole ("Stating the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies ]


To: A. Pole; mark502inf

The latest version about Racak from January 17th, 2004. http://www.iacenter.org/rcak.htm

Racak was a Lie

The following article shows that the so-called massacre at Racak in Kosovo five years ago was an invention of the U.S. "ambassador" William Walker and the imperialist media to attempt to justify the planned military attack on Yugoslavia.





No interest on Serb victims

Markus Bickel
Berliner Zeitung
January 17, 2004

Finnish pathologist Helena Ranta said the work of the Hague tribunal regarding the so-called Racak massacre was incomprehensible. The former head of the forensic team the European Union sent to the Kosovo-Albanian village of Racak in January 1999 to investigate the events there, in a conversation with Berliner Zeitung, criticized the UN tribunal for not following up the evidence that there was heavy fighting between Serb soldiers and the Kosovo-Albanian fighters during the night of January 15-16, 1999 in the Racak-region.

Western politicians used the tragedy in the village of Racak, where 40 Albanians died exactely 5 years ago, to prove to the public that the upcoming NATO attack on Yugoslavia was necessary.

US diplomat William Walker played the leading role. The chief of the OSCE mission in Kosovo immediately accused the Serbs of having killed 45 unarmed Albanian civilians at close range in Racak. The Serbian side rejected this interpretation und spoke instead about KLA soldiers killed in battle.

Pictures not published

She knew, that at that time "KLA-fighters were buried around Racak," said Ranta. "At that time I received information that proved that several Serb soldiers had been killed as well. Unfortunately, we will never know the exact number of Serb soldiers that died that night." It would be appropriate "to ask the tribunal why they are not interested in that number."

Ranta criticized the indictment against former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic in the case of Racak for mostly following the Walker version. "When Ambassador Walker said that there was a massacre at Racak, this statement had no legal value. I declared at that time that the OSCE-observers forgot to take all steps necessary to secure a crime scene: isolating the area, refusing admission to all unauthorized persons and collecting all material evidence.

Ranta demanded that in addition to the OSCE pictures the tribunal also use the pictures taken by two additional photographers, shot several hours prior to the arrival of OCSE-observers.

The pictures show "that at least one of the bodies was moved afterwards â?" that body is not seen on OSCE-pictures."

Left in the lurch

In the days prior to the NATO-attack on Yugoslavia it was clear "that a bunch of governments were interested in a version of Racak that blamed only the Serb side," said Ranta. "But I could not provide this version."

Her instructions came from the German diplomat Pauls. The representative of the then-German EU-presidency asked for a written statement. "Afterwards, I had to show these personal statements to William Walker, who was obviously not amused when he read it." Still, she agreed to take part in the important press conference on March 17, 1999. "At that (conference), I was sitting with the German ambassador to Belgrade, Gruber, and a Finnish diplomat on the podium. I hoped that those gentlemen would support me." But that was not the case. "I rather had the feeling that I was left in the lurch," said Ranta.

As a result of the Walker dominated press-conference most of the media accepted the version of a Serb massacre of Albanian civilians as proven. A few days later the NATO-air attacks on Yugoslavia began.

(Translated from German by C.Schuetz & J.Catalinotto)


100 posted on 06/01/2004 7:09:39 AM PDT by Jane_N (Truth, like beauty....is in the eyes of the beholder!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson