We now have the #1 and #4 most liberal Senators running for our country's highest offices. Both support partial birth abortion.
As a Christian, the choice is made clear through support of partial birth abortion, but, as a supporter of our military, their families, your tax rates, free trade, tort reform, doctors, or school accountability, it's not that hard either.
Edwards has won $152 million by suing doctors in his 20 years as a trial lawyer. This is a man who in 1997 not only had never held public office but had never even considered giving up his personal injury fame for public service.
Edwards won't lack money though as countless low-level, low-paid paralegals (and their spouses) in his firms and others have all made the maximum $2000 donation to his campaign. How DO they afford it? The Justice Department has an idea, and they've opened a criminal investigation against Edwards to find out.
Below are some easy facts and quotes from the very new contender.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Both Oppose The Partial Birth Abortion Ban.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Voted Against The Laci Peterson Law, Known As The "Unborn Victims Of Violence Act."
- Kerry And Edwards Have Both Voted Against Support For Our Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Voted Against Body Armor For Our Troops
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Voted Against Health Care For Our Troops As Well As Support For Their Families.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Voted Against Increased Combat Pay And Armored Humvees.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Both Voted Against The Historic 2001 And 2003 Bush Tax Cuts.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Voted Against Full Marriage Penalty Relief.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Voted Against The Child Tax Credit.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Both Voted Against Fully Repealing The Death Tax.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Both Blocked The Bipartisan Energy Bill And Both Now Oppose Free Trade Agreements Such As NAFTA.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Both Opposed Medicare Reform And Prescription Drugs For Seniors.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry, Under Pressure From Trial Lawyers, Have Consistently Voted To Block Medical Liability Reform, Which Would Lower Health Care Costs By $60 To $108 Billion Each Year.
- Senators Edwards And Kerry Both Voted For No Child Left Behind, But They Both Now Oppose The President's Education Reforms That Make Schools And Teachers More Accountable To Students And Parents.
One evening while he was campaigning for the Senate in North Carolina, Edwards was faced with a choice of several events he might attend. An advance man suggested, Maybe we ought to go to the reception for Leah Rabin Edwards responded, Whos she? Yitzhak Rabins widow, replied the aide. Who was he? asked Edwards.
(Charles Peters, Tilting At Windmills, Washington Monthly, 6/1/03)
A Military Mastermind:
EDWARDS: "And everyone knows--I mean, I sit on the Intelligence Committee, Tim. Everyone knows there are huge parts of Afghanistan that are not secure, not in control.
RUSSERT: So what would you do, send thousands of more American troops?
RUSSERT: What would you do?
EDWARDS: No. What I would do is show leadership."
(NBCs Meet The Press, 5/5/02)
A Foreign Policy Genius:
MSNBCs CHRIS MATHEWS: And back in the last presidential election, a Boston TV reporter, Andy Hill, asked the president -- presidential candidate George W Bush if he could name the four world leaders of four hot spots around the world. They were Chechnya, Taiwan, Pakistan, India. Do you think that was a fair set of questions to put to a guy running for president?
SEN. EDWARDS: No.
MATTHEWS: Do you think it would be a fair question to put to you right now?
EDWARDS: No. Absolutely not.
MATTHEWS: So you dont want to go that route? That was the option you have. I have the answers here, if you wanted to try, but since you dont want to try, well move on. If you -- Are you sure? You dont want to answer these questions? I know you know at least one of them. You know whos head of... EDWARDS: Lets dont go there.
(MSNBCs Hardball, 10/13/03)
Let them eat cake:
We have young men and women over there in a dangerous environment. Theyre in a shooting gallery, very dangerous situation, and we have to make sure they get what they need. Thats pretty simple. (CBSs Face The Nation, 9/21/03)
The very next month Edwards voted against monetary supplementation of our troops in postwar Iraq. (S. 1689, CQ Vote #400: Passed 87-12: R 50-0; D 37-11; I 0-1, 10/17/03, Edwards Voted Nay)
You can get Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton without the alcoholic obesity or the sinister witch look:
From 1999-2003, Edwards Voted With Senator Ted Kennedy 90% Of The Time. (CQ Senate Votes, 1/1/99 - 5/8/03)
When asked to recall ANY conservative position he's taken in the US Senate:
I could give you an answer to that question if you give me a little time to think about it. - Democratic presidential aspirant Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina
(John McCaslin, Dependably Liberal, The Washington Times, 10/15/02)
What kind of truck do you drive?
"A truck. Probably a Ford or a Chevrolet," Edwards says. "Its white, and its sitting in front of my house."
(Jon Sawyer, Sen. Edwards Pitches Real Solutions In His Populist Message, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 8/10/03)
At least we agree on something (but remember this when the war rhetoric comes up in the next few months):
Edwards Supported Action Against Iraq Regardless Of Any Ties To 9/11:
But I think, separate and apart from 9/11, we have Saddam Hussein, a man who invaded another country, who started a war in 1991, who lost the war, and has, since that time, flaunted numerous, what, 16, 17 U.N. Security resolutions. Hes got weapons of mass destruction. Hes trying to get nuclear capability. This is a very serious situation, and I think its incumbent on us to take the action necessary to rid the world of this threat.
(Fox News The Big Story With John Gibson, 9/19/02)