Skip to comments.Dems, PLEASE don't read this! You've been warned...
Posted on 08/27/2004 5:55:17 AM PDT by pookie18
Are they gone? Good. Now the remaining six Republicans in the Hamptons who read this column and I can have a nice intimate chat. Here's our challenge: How can we drive our Kerry-loving (formerly, although they now deny it, Howard Dean-loving) Democrat friends nuts?
What the hell do they want? They are winning the state by an obscene margin. In the Hamptons, Democrats outnumber Republicans 100 to 1. When you count millionaires the number goes up to 1000 to 1. So what do we do? Here's my plan. Stay away from cocktail parties and dinner parties. Most Democrats love to take a giant hunk of foie gras and dip it into a vat of caviar and eat it while they tell you how the Democratic Party is the party of "the poor downtrodden masses."
The best thing to do with them is agree.
When they ask you why you're voting for George Bush give them the old "aw shucks" routine. Agree, as so many of us do, that we differ with Bush on stem cell research and women's rights and the environment and the religious right. Then look them in the eye and say, "Of course the single biggest issue in my life and my children's lives is terrorism and Kerry frankly looks like a simpering wimp." Now, almost every Democrat will then play the Michael Moore card.
(Excerpt) Read more at jewishworldreview.com ...
Part of the article deals with the "7 minutes" Bush sat after he was told about the crashes. (Some have told me it was more like 4 or 5.)
Be sure and mention by John Kerry's own words, he sat stunned for over 40 minutes with the rest of the democratic leadership.
How absolutely true.
re: Moore's criticism in" the 7-minute spot on 9/11 when Bush was notified of the attack while he was reading to children in a nursery school."
Maybe Bush did nothing for seven minutes after learning of the 9/11 WTC bombing.
Compare that with Clinton, who did nothing for almost SEVEN YEARS after the first WTC bombing.
Or -- maybe they told him the car was being brought around.
Or -- maybe they told him the car was being brought around.
Bush knew: 1) He was not going anywhere unless the Secret Service came into the room and made him. Which is exactly what they would have done if they thought it was necessary. They would have taken Bush to the safest place. Since they did not move him he was IN the safest place.
2) Because of #1 Bush knew that the Secret Service was doing something they do in such situations. Which was making the "safe area" around Bush larger. And extending that area to the point they would move him to next.
3) Bush knew that if the fluid situation changed he would be provided with any additional information he needed. They'd just whisper it in his ear. Which, BTW, may not have meant they actually do it physically.
4) He was surrounded by children. Why upset them if he was not going anywhere anyway? Plus, the kids were in the "safe zone". And that zone we getting safer every second. He knew he had to allow the Secret Service to clear out areas. To do their job. Bush could not jump up and start moving around until it was time. Remember Bobby Kennedy?
5) If anyone has not noticed, Bush is a poker player. Recall the look on his face. Could you have kept so cool? He knew that whoever was doing the attack was watching. He was not going to show fear or distress.
6) Bush must have instantly also realized he could have been sitting in a kill zone. That the "other side" had him. That while he HAD to sit there it was possible he could have been killed at any second. But what's new about that? It's something he had to address when he became rpesident. And after 9/11 it's worse. For him and his entire family. They are marked people, forever. The IslamoNazis want him dead.
The problem that Michael Moore and others have regarding those few minutes is that they cannot understand that the key is what Bush calculated in a few seconds. Almost instantly Bush knew the things I mention above and more. Can Bush really think that fast? Ask anyone that has ever worked with him. Or simply consider that the man flew F-102A's and lived.
BEars repeating over and over and over!
In the last 20 years, he voted to kill all anti-terrorism activities of many key agencies of the U.S. Government:
* He voted to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%.
* He voted to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%.
* He voted to cut the funding for the NASA by 80%.He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle.
* He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank.
* He voted to kill every Aircraft Carrier laid down from 1988.
* He voted to kill the Aegis anti-aircraft system.
* He voted to kill the F-15 Strike Eagle.
* He voted to kill the Block 60 F-16.
* He voted to kill the P-3 Orion upgrade.
* He voted to kill the B-1.
* He voted to kill the B-2.
* He voted to kill the Patriot anti-missile system.
* He voted to kill the FA-18.
* He voted to kill the F117.
* He voted to kill every military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons system since 1988, including a bill for battle armor for our troops.
* Did he vote FOR anything? Yes.
* He voted to increase our funding for UN operations by 800%!
Well said, nick. I'll be stealing it and forwarding it to a couple critics.
By "he" you mean Kerry?
No problem. There is a bit more than I posted. Maybe Bush can clear it up in the debates. If Kerry lasts to the debates and then is dumb enough to bring up this Michael Moore pablem.
Here is a short story I've posted before:
I have a friend that was on the security detail of someone who's name everyone would recognize. He has a friend that is a Secret Service agent and worked in the Clinton White House.
In briefings the Secret Service agent was told that it was OK to greet people passing his post. But to never ever say a word to one person in the White house. To act as if he never sees the person. Pretend the person is not there.
On his first day the agent was in a hallway in the White House when the person he was told not to recognize walked by his location. The young man could not help himself and he said to the person "Good Morning Ma'am". To which Hillary Clinton replied "$uck you!" and walked past without even looking at him.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.