Skip to comments.Hunting the anti-Bush big trap american-italian director
Posted on 09/07/2004 4:58:39 AM PDT by parnasokan
Translation from Italian of the article entitled A caccia dellitaliano dAmerica regista del trappolone anti-Bush, originally published in Libero on 10 August 2004
by Renato Farina
Hunting the anti-Bush big trap american-italian director
The international intrigue called Nigergate, with its plot of spies and hidden wars between intelligence and governments, goes on. Were able to point out something new, with some confused border for now. An italian fellow living in America, well linked to our administration in the past and politically oriented to progressism, who is behind the uraniums fake documents.
Romes procura is searching in this track in these days. It is trying to find Rocco Martino, the spy who bought and sold off the fake, prepared to cheat Berlusconi, Blair and Bush. But more above him theres this enygmatic super-italian. Inquirers wonder about him, starting from last sunday Liberos revelations as well.
Lets recall the whole thing. George W. Bush last January 28th in 16 words gives a strong element to apologize Usa Army in Iraq. There is evidence on Saddams attempt to buy uranium in Africa. Bush quotes informations come from British government.
On March 7th, when the war machinery has just started, UN desclaim the papers that sentence was based on, with a terrible effect on american and european public opinion. About the whole fake documentss plot a press campaign aiming to Mr. Bushs impeachment and Mr. Berlusconi and Blairs weakness has been set up. They would have artfully cheated their people to justify war.
From Sunday Times to Washington Monthly to Cbs they want to demonstrate that behind the fake Niger uranium dossier there are italian and american people (Sunday Times, August 1st). Charge strikes our Sismi in particular. Rocco Martino told british journalists that there was our armys intelligence behind these moves.
Liberos scoop, with pictures that prove a direct partecipation of french secret services to Rocco Martinos dirty job, has forced to a (momentary ) stop who worked on impeachment.
Meanwhile, waiting for the super-italian to find, some element and ask. 1) Mark Huband wrote an article about that. Title is: A french investigation gave rise to fake documents on Niger uranium. It appeared on August 2nd Financial Times web site. It was a scoop. And Huband is very influent. Why it has never appeared on paper edition?
2) In the meantime lets reason a little about Hubands valutations. He writes: This story shows how much intelligence services and mass-media are vulnerable to fakers like Rocco Martino. We should ask ourselves, if its a mere fraud, how France and othereuropean and overseas nations trust to such a fellow without verify anything.
3) Why important american newspapers and tvs insist on a superknown case like the Niger one? Mark Huband, talking about Rocco Martino, writes: He answered to a rightful ask by french government who needed informatuins on Niger. Now he answers a new ask coming from the market and feeded with the political importance the story is taking up in Usa. Hes adapting the story to that ask. In a word: they want Bush to fall down, he gives papers and markets demands. The point is, hes not himself, someone moves him 4) Two more elements: the obsessive willing to differ in time the acquiring date of Niger documents that is shifted from 2000 to 2002 with persistence; the stubborn attempt to involve italian intelligence when it is the american Senate that involves french people. Yet in the official papers, page 69 section 3, we can read: On March 4th, 2003, the american government learned France based herself, in her first analisys on Iraq attempts to have uranium from Niger, on the same documents Usa gave to Invo (Iaeas structure called Iraq Nuclear Verification Office) or else the famous documents improperly riferred to italian intelligence but really in french hands. Now why insists?
5) Who are the real directors? Is there a true Super-italian? Lets try to tell it on next issue.
Nov. 2003 - Brussels: Rocco Martino -alias Giacomo- meets a high-ranking DGSE [French Secret Service] official in Belgium
Nov. 2003 - Brussels: The high-ranking DGSE [French Secret Service] official in Belgium
I'll have an espresso.
Signed up 06 SEP;
Two threads, no replies;
BOTH threads off the same Italian rag;
The second thread is a blatant hit-piece on the C-in-C, replete with calls for GWB's impeachment.
I Smell Ozone...
ZTTTZYUW RHCJKIY0001 2511234-TTTT--RHCJSUU
FM FREERAD CHEYENNE MTN AFS CO
T O P S E C R E T VIKINGKITTEN
SUBJ/FREERAD CYBERSPACE ALERT//
RMKS/1. MULTIPLE LAUNCHES DETECTED FROM DEMOCRAT UNDERGROUND, TARGETED ON FREE REPUBLIC.
2. CONFIDENCE IS HIGH RPT CONFIDENCE IS HIGH. FREERAD IS DECLARING A CYBERSPACE DEFENSE EMERGENCY AND ORDERING A FULL PACKET STOP.
3. RECOMMEND SETTING ZOTCON ONE AND EVACUATING JIMROB ABOARD FREE REPUBLIC EMERGENCY AIRBORNE COMMAND POST.
4. COMSTRAT RECOMMENDS IMPLEMENTING CYBERZOT PLAN TWO ONE ZEBRA CODENAME "GRAND TOUR," TIMING OPTION ONE. COMMAND WORD: COTTONMOUTH. DESIGNATOR: JERICHO. DAY WORD: TRINITY.
5. VALHALLA I AM COMING!
6. A MOOSE BIT MY SISTER ONCE.
7. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US NOW!
7. THE MATADOR! THE MATADOR!//
Yall come look at this!
I love it! You're playing "our" song!...;)
Bush is 7 points ahead in new Poll!
Darn, you beat me to it! :-)
New one!..Good graphic!
Think we need to hunt trolls today? There were quite a few this weekend. I had several troll pings and never got to log on from home. Bummer.
Yeah, the hurricane drove 'em out of their hiding places...
I figured the trolls were all down in the dumps because of the latest polls. Double digit lead for Bush on Labor Day is bad news for the dims.
I'll just set myself up a Trollstand, and let then come to me!
But..but..some RAT on FNC proclaimed that Bush only got a one-point bounce among registered voters!
Good idea. Set up the M2 and fire away.....
That is just the media trying to help F'ing kerry. The one poll I saw had Bush up by 7 among likely voters. Registered and likely voters are used too often as a lie by the media. Many registered voters never vote. Just more media spin in my books.
Dadgummit, forgot my /sarcasm tags again! ;)
No need for the < /sarcasm> tag. I knew exactly what you were talking about. That same poll was used by the Austin Pravda to show how little the convention helped Bush. They are so pro kerry no one even believes them anymore, other than the libs.
Where's Agent 47?
Ninjas, we need Ninjas!
The BigMap shall center view and talk blue.
Intresting fiction why do you post this from a obscure italian paper?
And we know now that there were issues with the info on the WMD in Iraq and that we got bad intel all they way around. So what is your point in posting this?
This guy should work writing instruction sheets for Japanese airplane model kits: "AFIX GLUE LITTLE HERE".
The translation is terrible, but the articles are not anti-Bush. The point is that a French spy agency knowingly passed false information through an Italian middle man (not associated with the Italian government) in order to make Bush/Blair/Berlusconi look bad when it was later revealed to be false. The French hoped that this would lead to impeachment of Bush (note that the author of the article is not calling for impeachment, though the bad translation may make it seem that way).
I was not familiar with Libero, the Italian paper that the article comes from, but I see from it's website that the editor is Vittorio Feltri, a Berlusconi supporter and one of the few American-style conservatives in the Italian media.
One of the lead editorials in today's edition asks: "Why do so many leftists and catholics have such tender understanding for Islamic terrorism, almost to the point of sympathizing with it, or at least justifying it?..."
Knowing Feltri, I would hazard a guess that Libero is not an Italian rag, but rather, one of the most reliably pro-American dailies in Europe. Another pro-American Italian paper is Il Foglio edited by Giuliano Ferrara.
Wow you must have a big garage! hehe
I park it in my neighbor's front yard. He doesn't mind, much.
Is McCain a conservative? Is Buchannan a conservative? Are FReepers who bash GWB on their single-issue advocacies conservatives?
I can take articles out of Frontpagemag.com, and twist them to bash the President - "See, See, even conservatives hate Bush, you stupid Pubbies!!!" Leftists and Catholics in the same breath, as Muslim sympathizers? Quite a reach.
Even if we assume that Libero is a conservative outlet, all I see here is a Euroweenie who come sover to this side of the tracks, to cherry-pick articles.
Yes we do need to hunt them today. Can't let think we are getting soft. Fire away.
Please let me know if you want ON or OFF my Viking Kitty/ZOT ping list!. . .don't be shy.
The zot comes!
I'm smelling ozone, baby! Troll alert! ZOT® the schmuck.
A series question.......Is there an expiration date for my troll hunting license?
Looks like the troll is still alive.
.444 Marlin ZOT!
Thanks! It's surprisingly hard to make good-looking lightning with MS Paint, or I'd've added some.
Mine says INDEF
Shot:George - Yield:225 Kilotons - First Thermonuclear Test
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.