Skip to comments.Enough is enough, Rather has to go!
Posted on 09/10/2004 7:32:11 AM PDT by websterpup
OK CBS - It's time to clean up the trash, and quit the bias reporting, that (apparently) has become your standards....GO to CBS.COM and send this message:
It has now become time for us to revolt against the reporting of untruths and faulty news. The freepers have power and it is now time to make a stand and right a wrong. (let our voice be heard and send this to your friends and ask them to do the same. ""I wouldn't mind shutting down their e-mail due to overload.""
Rather is a propagandist for the DNC, and so is CBS.
CBS is the new Democratic 527
I stopped watching pretty much everything on CBSNBCABCMSNBCCNN a few years back now. Also, thanks to Freepers posting advertiser info, I also contact each one letting them know they are wasting their money on ads and losing my money since I no longer purchase their products.
It's kind of entertaining to watch CBS f'up repeatedly.
Dan Rather looks so comical reporting this
fiction with howls of derisive laughter being directed back at him.
CBS should be treated like one of those old
ships that are far beyond repair.
Tow it out to sea and sink for an artificial reef.
After that, run a test pattern where CBS used to be.
Why not just change the channel?
"People are more likely to believe a big lie than a small one."
Because CBS is just like a big pothole in the middle of the road, sure you can drive around it, but it's for the publics' safety that you fill it up and make the road new again.
Counterfeit Broadcasting System
Who still watches CBS for news? Will the last person to leave the room, please turn off the lights?
BTW, money is the only language that will be heard. Better to contact ad sponsors and tell them they are wasting their money on ads nobody will see, at least during the evening news broadcast time slot.
A new face at CBS is not enough to convince me to watch. If they really want to shake the newsroom up, they should hire a conservative (maybe Rush Limbaugh) to replace Dan Rather.
Suggestion to CBS, you are officially done. As lone as Dan Rather continues in his current position you have little to no credibility and you will continue to lose viewers at a rapid rate. However, if you were to pull your head out of your New York-centric backsides you would note that little old Fox News has been the hottest thing in News for a few years now. Steal away Brit Hume and let him replace Rather. You would beat NBC and ABC night in and night out if you do so and regain some badly needed credibility. You would be the only one of the "Big 3" to offer something truly unique, fair and balanced news coverage. So while the other two split up the liberal 30% of the country you can have the rest. Think about it, one of the three is going to go this direction and capatalize on it, why not be the one to do so.
Counterfeit Broadcasting System
No, CBS would rather please the 30 percent that you mentioned than gain the support of the other 70 percent. Not all audiences are equal in the eyes of the big media.
They should also smack the back of his head as he walks out the door with his belongings.
If CBS knew what was good for it, it would fire Dan Rather and offer a full mea culpa regarding its role in the Killian military document forgeries.
How large is Rather's staff? Does he take "research" from the DNC or their spin-off fronts?
Is his job to investigate, or to read though the stuff that's handed to him?
If he's "fed" the "news" is there an inherent bias to keep his handlers in power?
Is there a conflict of interest when the people who feed you the "news" are out of power and your take isn't as good? Is there an incentive to get "your guys" back in?
Does Rather have a dog in this fight? If the insiders who give him the "good stuff" are out of power, how "good" is the "stuff"? Rather still shills for dems, but people don't care as much because dems don't call the game. And Rather doesn't have insider Republicans to do his job for him....
If the DNC is doing Rather's work for him and for CBS, is CBS being paid by the DNC?
What is the is the coin of the realm for a one-sided "bribe" in the news field?
That's like the credit card commercial. "Changing the channel on CBS, $100.... but getting Dan Rather fired... Priceless."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.