Skip to comments.John Kerry's Multiple Violations of the UCMJ -- why wasn't he tried and sentenced?
Posted on 09/22/2004 3:03:08 PM PDT by pabianice
Undisputed are the facts that when John Kerry met with the enemy overseas in 1970 and 1971, and when he lied before Congress, he was an officer in the US Naval Reserve (he was not discharged until 1978, 1998, or 2001, depending upon which forged document you believe).
Here's an initial list of his crimes...
Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ)
ART. 88 - CONTEMPT TOWARD OFFICIALS
Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
Article 92Failure to obey order or regulation
Text. Any person subject to this chapter who
(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;
(2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by a member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or
(3) is derelict in the performance of his duties; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
Article 94Mutiny and sedition
(a) "Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuse, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;
(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.
(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct."
Article 99Misbehavior before the enemy
Text. Any member of the armed forces who before or in the presence of the enemy
(1) runs away;
(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;
(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;
(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;
(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;
(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;
(8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or
(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle; shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.
Article 104Aiding the enemy
Text. Any person who
(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly; shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.
Article 107False official statements
Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to deceive, signs any false record, return, regulation, order, or other official document, knowing it to be false, or makes any other false official statement knowing it to be false, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct. (You in a HEAP of trouble John Boy!)
Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to defraud
(1) falsely makes or alters any signature to, or any part of, any writing which would, if genuine, apparently impose a legal liability on another or change his legal right or liability to his prejudice; or
(2) utters, offers, issues, or transfers such a writing, known by him to be so made or altered; is guilty of forgery and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
Any person subject to this chapter who in a judicial proceeding or in a course of justice willfully and corruptly
(1) upon a lawful oath or in any form allowed by law to be substituted for an oath, gives any false testimony material to the issue or matter of inquiry; or (2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or state ent under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, subscribes any false statement material to the issue or matter of inquiry; is guilty of perjury and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct. (see 1971 testimony before Congress)
Article 132Frauds against the United States
Any person subject to this chapter
(1) who, knowing it to be false or fraudulent (a) makes any claim against the United States or any officer thereof; or (b) presents to any person in the civil or military service thereof, for approval or payment, any claim against the United States or any officer thereof;
(2) who, for the purpose of obtaining the approval, allowance, or payment of any claim against the United States or any officer thereof
(a) makes or uses any writing or other paper knowing it to contain any false or fraudulent statements; (b) makes any oath to any fact or to any writing or other paper knowing the oath to be false; or
(c) forges or counterfeits any signature upon any writing or other paper, or uses any such signature knowing it to be forged or counterfeited;
(3) who, having charge, possession, custody, or control of any money, or other property of the United States, furnished or intended for the armed forces thereof, knowingly delivers to any person having authority to receive it, any amount thereof less than that for which he receives a certificate or receipt; or
(4) who, being authorized to make or deliver any paper certifying the receipt of any property of the United States furnished or intended for the armed forces thereof, makes or delivers to any person such writing without having full knowledge of the truth of the statements therein contained and with intent to defraud the United States; shall, upon conviction, be punished as a court-martial may direct.
Article 133Conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman
Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
134: General Articles You can read these for yourself.
This is the next President of the United States, if Dan Rather and his friends have their way.
Because he is a liberal and liberals are never held accountable for their transgressions!
Excellent!! Great info for debate with libs in permanent brain fart mode.
Definite bookmark material.
Thanks for your efforts.
Keep the UN-PUTZ OUTTA THE US POLITICAL SYSTEM BUMP!
Money and connections. That will do it every time.
After Nixon resigned it was pardon fever in the US.
Desertion was OK, draftdodging was OK, rioting was OK, killing unborn kids was OK, etc.
People who never bathed or cut their hair and who wore only orange and brown were welcome in polite society.
I'm surprised that RINO President Ford didn't issue an executive order repealing all laws against murder and rape in 1974.
By the time President Carter took office and let all the draftdodgers officially come home we might as well have appointed Lord Misrule as King of America.
I tremble when I recall those dark pre-Reagan days of my childhood.
I'm sure you already know all this.
Best guess is that he was aided and abetted by the Dems on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (plus one or two Republicans).
I was wondering if there are not copies or commander's notes of these records in separate files of the units he was in; that would be available under the Freedom of Information act along with all the units files.
Anyone know if there would be "company" records on him?
Wouldn't an ordinary guy get time at Fort Leavenworth for less than this?
I think Private Slovak/Martin Sheen got a firing squad for less!
Or execution like Eddie Slovak?
Are you old enough to remember Julius and Ethel?
Why is nobody filing suit like AP did regarding Pres. Bush to get Kerry's file? Kerry also has a FBI and CIA file, and he did NOT get honorable discharged. His official discharge was not until 2001, obviously Clinton helpping him to clean up his file. Kerry's files whether it is FBI, Military or CIA would make all the difference if released. This is the reason Kerry refuses to do so.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.