Skip to comments.I-Team investigation uncovers voter registration fraud
Posted on 10/11/2004 7:42:37 PM PDT by moroque11
DENVER - The 9News I-Team has uncovered voter registration fraud that could cause chaos on Election Day for hundreds, possibly thousands of Colorado voters.
9News has documented 719 cases of potentially fraudulent forms at county election offices across the metro-area that show fraudulent names, addresses, social security numbers or dates of birth in Denver, Douglas, Adams, Boulder and Lake counties. Information from other counties is still coming in. Some voter registration application forms are completely bogus. Others belong to legitimate voters, who have had one or two facts changed that could affect their registration when they show up at the polls November 2nd.
Most of the fraudulent forms can be traced to paid workers approaching voters to register on the street or at grocery stores. Some of the workers earn $2 per registration form or $10 an hour. One woman admitted to forging three people's names on about 40 voter registration applications. She says she was helping her boyfriend earn more money from a get-out-the-vote organization called ACORN or Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN works with low or moderate-income families on housing issues.
Tonight on 9News at 10 o'clock, Deborah Sherman will talk to people who had recently registered to vote who had no idea until the ITeam called that their information had been fraudulently changed. She will also talk to a registration worker who admits to committing the fraud, the Secretary of State Donetta Davidson and to representatives from ACORN, the company who employed many of the workers committing the fraud.
No party mentioned=democratic voter fraud
ACORN = Democratic
ACORN, better known for greenmailing financial institutions. They have become as adept at the corporate shakedown as Rainbow Coalition.
If you ask me - how people are registered must be regulated - and this story points that out -
People should have seen this coming -
just a -
Tell everyone you care about to:
a. Double-check their registration if it was recent, and
particularly if it was done door-to-door, phone, web or mail.
If a 3rd party was involved, innocent error, tampering,
fraud or sandbagging may mean they aren't validly registered.
b. Vote absentee if possible, and early on the first day
possible, to get their "real" ballot in ahead of anyone else
attempting to vote as them.
Is this the demoncrats' nutty definition of "working families"?
ACORN = Socialist or Communist
Well that fits, if you think about it =
At least they picked a good name :)
just a -
I think this is probably the reason why my voter registration got canned. I registered with one of these folks thinking "Hey, this is neat, no having to mail anything in, etc" I asked the woman what orginization she worked for and it was ACORN. Bastards! I had no idea what a bunch of jerkies they are.
"No party mentioned=democratic voter fraud"
Yeah, ain't that the truth.
Way to go 9News I-Team!
So this would have been your first election - ?
Any way you can still vote or check things out to find the status -
What a shame if you can't vote -
The RNC really should have done more to prevent all the problems showing up now - especially after what was pulled in 2000 - We just don't have any brains in the party - sadly
Hey, I smell a rat! A big rat. This just happened in the Mpls/St.Paul area. It was on the local news the other nite!
Acorn and MoveOn.org is funded by:
George Soros/Soros Fund Management
Peter B. Lewis/The Progressive Corp.
Herb & Marion Sandler
I don't mind that much if some stupid paid voter registration people made up names to make money. Of course it's illegal, but it's not like all those "people" are going to vote. Am I missing something?
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Police are investigating a man discovered at the Twin Cities airport with hundreds of completed voter registration cards stashed in the trunk of his car.
The cards had been filled in months ago, but had never been submitted to elections officials for processing. State law requires they be turned in within ten days of filling them out.
Secretary of State Mary Kiffmeyer says more than 300 cards were recovered, and photocopies of them have been forward to county officials for processing. The originals remain with investigators as evidence.
Kiffmeyer said Minnesotans who filled out the cards will have their data recorded and will appear on precinct rosters on election day.
The man under investigation is a former canvasser for the community action group ACORN, which has been running aggressive voter registration drives this year.
Becky Gomer, the head organizer in Minnesota for ACORN, says the man was one of a number of canvassers who were paid one dollar for each new voter registration they secured. She says ACORN supervisors discharged him because representatives of the county attorney warned the group they suspected he was registering some voters twice to double his fee.
When are we going to pass a federal law that people cannot be paid to collect voter registrations?
I guess when they turned up to vote and 'weren't registered' because their information had been changed that would be OK? Or it's OK that illegals using fraudulent voter registration vote and thereby make your vote worthless? All voter registration fraud dilutes legitimate voters' power.
Click on 'ACORN Ohio' in post 21. That will give you a few different scenarios of what could go wrong.
I'm sorry. My error. I thought it was just kids filling in false names to make some money. That's bad, but it's not as bad as what you're talking about.
You are missing the fact that it is FRAUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any names on the voter rolls that haven't voted can concievably be used by cheating poll workers to "stuff the ballot box" when the polling place closes. This is prevalent in deep inner-city voting locations where there often aren't any republican poll watchers.
Not only is it fraud, but if you've every worked at a registrars office trying to do all that must be done at this time, having 100s to 1000s of false registrations to handle and check...it could lead to a legitimate voter being left off the voter lists.
Ummmmm, yes. Of course they will vote. Here in WI it's easy. Once you're on the rolls, you never have to prove you are who you say you are ever again. The people doing the registering (or one of the higher ups) have been getting them selves deputized, meaning they certified the validity of the application as it's being completed.
So basically all these non-people will either vote via absentee ballot or will suddenly show up as one of a busload of folks who storm the polls about 7:30 p.m. We all know who they will be voting for.
I'm telling you folks, this election's already been stolen unless President Bush receives a massive majority of the legitimate vote.
Do you know of a report a few weeks back -- something to do with people showing how easy it is to hack into a vote counting machine, change the totals, and erase the trail? I remember reading it, a friend wants to see it, and I can't find it. Please help if you know. Thanks.
It is not much different, mainly an after airing change of view. But there is more in it for the FreeRepublic record.
DENVER - With just 21 days left until an election in which every vote will count, the 9News I-Team has uncovered voter registration fraud that could cause chaos on Election Day for hundreds, possibly thousands of Colorado voters.
9News has discovered a record number of fraudulent voter-registrations across the state. Secretary of State Donetta Davidson tells 9News she is concerned about what the I-Team has uncovered and wants those responsible prosecuted. "It has just gone rampant," she told reporter Deborah Sherman in an interview Monday afternoon.
Most of the fraud has come from registration drives, where people at grocery stores or on the streets ask you to sign up. 9News has learned many workers have re-registered voters multiple times by changing or making up information about them. 9News has documented 719 cases of potentially fraudulent forms at county election offices show fraudulent names, addresses, social security numbers or dates of birth in Denver, Douglas, Adams, Boulder and Lake counties. Information from other counties is still coming in.
Some voter registration application forms are completely bogus. Others belong to legitimate voters, who have had one or two facts changed that could affect their registration when they show up at the polls November 2nd. Tom Stanislawski registered to vote six years ago. But this summer, someone signed him up again and changed his party affiliation. "My concern would be I'd walk in November 2nd and be unable to vote," he said.
Some of the registration drive workers earn $2 per application or about $10 an hour. One woman admitted to forging three people's names on about 40 voter registration applications. Kym Cason says she was helping her boyfriend earn more money from a get-out-the-vote organization called ACORN or Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN works with low or moderate-income families on housing issues. Cason said her extra registrations earned her boyfriend $50.
Gerald Obi says workers pressured him to keep registering to vote so they too could earn extra cash. When asked how many times he had registered this year, Obi said, "about 35 times."
ACORN's state director said they are victims of the fraud as well and told 9News the group is cooperating with local investigators. Ross Fitzgerald says the group has fired workers for the fraud. "Our goal is to register as many people as we can," said Fitzgerald. "If they're fraudulent, that hurts our numbers."
Clerk and Recorders from several counties met Monday with Secretary of State Donetta Davidson to discuss this problem, and the problem of felons registering to vote. "I have to question whether we should be allowing people to accept money for voter registration," said Douglas County Clerk and Recorder Carole Murray.
Colorado Secretary of State Donetta Davidson agreed and said she will be looking at ways to reform the system.
POSTED for NON COMMERCIAL, EDUCATIONAL, Trying to SAVE OUR NATION's ASS, Use ONLY.
check the film---you be the judge which party
ACORN vote fraud in Florida
ACORN vote fraud in Pennsylvania
ACORN vote fraud in Ohio
ACORN vote fraud in Michigan
ACORN fraud in Wisconsin, Nevada, New Mexico and others
ACORN vote fraud in New Mexico
If the election is in any way close, the demonrats will win it through fraud.
How Democrats Steal Elections - Top 10 Methods of Liberal Vote Fraud
1. Over-Voting. In Democrat strongholds like St. Louis, Philadelphia and Detroit, some precincts had 100% of their registered voters voting, with 99% of the ballots going to Gore. Clearly, multiple voting resulted in extra tallies for Gore in the 2000 election. (New York Post, 12/09/00).
2. Dead Voters. This classic Democratic method of vote fraud goes all the way back to 1960 in Chicago and Dallas. The 2000 election was no exception. In Miami-Dade County, for example, some of the 144 ineligible votes (those which officials actually admitted to) were cast by dead people, including a Haitian-American who's been deceased since 1977 (Miami-Herald, 12/24/00).
3. Mystery Voters. These "voters" cast votes anyway but are not even registered to vote. In heavily Democratic Broward County, for example, more than 400 ballots were cast by non-registered voters. (Miami-Herald 1/09/01)
4. Military ballots. Many of these votes were disqualified for the most mundane and trivial reasons. At least 1,527 valid military ballots were discarded in Florida by Democratic vote counters (Drudge Report, 11/19/00).
5. Criminals. Felons are a natural Democratic voter and they're protected on voter rolls across the country. In Florida at least 445 ex-convicts - including rapists and murderers -- voted illegally on November 7th. Nearly all of them were registered Democrats. (Miami-Herald 12/01/00)
6. Illegal aliens. These voters have long been a core liberal constituency, especially in California. In Orange County in 1996, Rep. Bob Dornan had his congressional seat stolen from him when thousands of illegal aliens voted for Loretta Sanchez (Christian Science Monitor, 9/2/97).
7. Vote-buying. Purchasing votes has long been a traditional scheme by Democrats, and not just with money. In the 2000 election in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Democratic workers initiate a "smokes-for-votes" campaign in which they paid dozens of homeless men with cigarettes if they cast ballots for Al Gore (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 11/14/00).
8. Phantom Voters. These voters don't really exist, but their ballots do. In the 1996 Lousiana Senate race, GOP candidate Woody Jenkins had the election stolen from him when he discovered that 7,454 actual votes were cast but had no paper trail to authenticate them (Behind the Headlines, F.R. Duplantier, 4/27/97).
9. Dimpled chads. Those infamous punch-cards were a ballot bonanza for Al Gore. Democratic poll workers in Palm Beach, Dade and Broward counties tampered and manipulated thousands of ineligible ballots and counted them for Gore, even though no clear vote could be discerned. (NewsMax.com 11/27, 12/22, 11/18, 11/19/00).
10. Absentee ballots. Normally it's assumed that Republicans benefit from absentee ballots. But in the case of Miami's 1997 mayoral election, hundreds of absentee ballots were made for sale or sent out to non-Miami residents. Fraud was so extensive in the race that the final results were overturned in court (FL Dept. of Law Enforcement Report, 1/5/98)."
Links on freerepublic:
WE MUST FIGHT VOTE FRAUD!