Skip to comments.STILL KINDA NEW HERE AND NEED HELP ON FR "SLANG", and PIC posting info?
Posted on 11/06/2004 3:26:38 PM PST by InfantryMarine
Any help on FR "etiquette" and PIC posting instructions will be greatly appreciated.
MSM news anchors are called 'commies'.
To post photos use this format: img src=" " surrounded by < >
Welcome. Get ready for those who will explain what "vanity" is.
A vanity is a small dressing table.
While we're at it, what's BTTT stand for? :\
That's a lazy bump
VVAW, FBI files and John Kerry, What I have found
1. On September 30, 1971, Robert Malone, Chief of Police, University of Nevada, advised Kerrys speech at the University was sponsored by the Associated Students of the University of Nevada, and that he was paid $1,200.00, including expenses for his appearance. Kerry is paid for VVAW speeches, pg 25
2. VVAW pickets restaurant because owner refuses to serve long haired, barefoot and dirty veterans in his place of business. It is also noted that the organization encourages the use of narcotics. VVAW pickets restaurant, pg 28-29
3. VVAW distributes literature at an event that is used to collect intelligence on military tactics and methods in Vietnam. Considering the fact that the VVAW has meetings with the North Vietnam Communists and VVAW members travel to Moscow and Hanoi, this is a very serious matter. VVAW collects military intelligence concerning US tactics and methods in Vietnam War. Pg. 51-57
4. Joseph Urgo, Second Vice-President of VVAW is in North Vietnam August 13, 1971. VP of VVAW in North Vietnam, pg. 92
5. VVAW attorney was in North Vietnam on November 22,1970 and returned with letters from US POWs. VVAW went to NV, pg. 96
6. Throughout this section of the FBI documents is a constant link between the VVAWs activities and Communist groups or Communist front groups in the USA. Communist groups, pg. 86
7. VVAW shows a Communist propaganda film entitled, Evil Hour, which depicted the effects of United States military actions on children in Vietnam.. Propaganda movie, pg. 101
8. Randy Floyd, President of the VVAW at the University of Texas. to speak in Oslo Norway concerning US war crimes in Vietnam. War crimes Oslo, Norway, pg. 115-116
9. FBI document reveals that, all members of the VVAW who had traveled to Finland, Moscow, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR), England .. One of the VVAW members that traveled to Moscow had pictures attached to their mid-section of alleged atrocities in Indo-China, pg. 117-118
10. Speakers at a VVAW rally include Socialist/Communists advocating anti American propaganda. Communist groups speakers, pg. 132-139
11. Again the VVAW is using a Communist front organization of the Communist Party USA, in a rally, the YWLL. Communist groups, pg. 142
12. In reading the FBI files concerning John F. Kerry and the VVAW I find several instances where the VVAW is receiving money, directions, and non-monetary support from Communist Organizations in the USA, Europe, Soviet Union, France and Southeast Asia, as well as other countries. So, John Kerry worked for Communist Organizations attempting to overthrow the Government of the United States of America.
13. FBI Documents indicate that while John Kerry was with the VVAW, VVAW leaders met with KGB agents in the US. VVAW collusion with foreign spies? The Diplomatic List published by U.S. Department of State, in 1971 listed Grigoriy Sergeyvich Milhaylovskiy as an assistant Military Attache, Embassy of the U.S.S.R., Washington, D.C.
14. Vietnam Veterans Against the War, John Kerry, FBI files Section 8 (Oct-Nov 1971)
15. Do the FBI Files concerning the VVAW (Kerrys antiwar group) indicate a plot to assassinate Pres. Nixon?
16. John Kerry caused a fracture in VVAW for his own selfish goals (FBI Files reveal)
17. Kerry, Watergate: DNC Links Caused Break-in? (Kerry lied! Still with the VVAW after February 1972)
18. Lets watch the film of John Kerry and VVAW members throwing combat medals over the fence
19. Treat as Yellow John Kerrys VVAW coordinating with the North Vietnam Communist Government when US forces are under attack
20. VVAW leader meets with Communists to discuss tactics in the US antiwar movement. Kerrys group!
21. Prior to Dewey Canyon III Mike Thelan East Coast Coordinator for the VVAW tells a gathering of possible attendants that the VVAWs official position is not to encourage anyone to commit acts of violence, but that VVAW activists are not discouraging someone from doing it. VVAW activists are not discouraging someone from committing acts of violence, pg 4
22. FBI files indicate that VVAW is under active investigation in view of indications of communist and other subversive infiltration. indications of communist and other subversive infiltration, pg 24
23. Speaker at VVAW antiwar rally Carl Moore makes following statements, President Nixon is a red baiting Fascist and the real problem is Capitalism. All power to the oppressed. Speaker Carl Moore, pg 30
24. On stage to speak but did not speak at antiwar rally is one Stanley The Deacon Alexander, member of Communist Party USA. Communist Party USA, pg 32
25. Tom Hayden speaking at antiwar rally uses the language of Jihad claiming that Daniel Ellsberg and Anthony Russo are real Martyars. Language of Jihad, pg 36
26. One speaker at the rally called for the elimination of the penal system. Penal system, pg 37
27. Speaker claims at the rally that, the ideal form of government is socialism as it exists in Cuba. ideal form of government is socialism, pg 38
28. Speeches were given at rally advocating the release of Angela Davis, a self-admitted member of the Communist Party, and facing murder and kidnapping charges. The United Committee to Free Angela Davis founded by CPUSA, (Communist Party USA). Also note at bottom of page the desire to increase welfare payments. CPUSA, pg 39
29. The VVAW has the SDS and the YSA, Young Socialist Alliance at demonstration. SDS and YSA working with VVAW, pg 69
30. Again we find the VVAW working hand in hand with Communists and Communist front groups. VVAW works with Communists, pg 75-80
31. Membership in the VVAW placed at about 8,500 members nationally. How many Vietnam vets were in the US at this time? And because they did not speak out against the VVAW we all know what happened. VVAW membership numbers, pg 81
32. Read the FBI report concerning a speech given by John Kerry at the University of Nevada, September 30, 1971. Kerry states in this speech, My ten years of political consciousness in America is very wrapped up in gravestones the men of Attica and the other 53,000 brothers in Vietnam?. John Kerry speech, pg 86-87
33. An antiwar group (CPPTC) working with the VVAW had also traveled to Hanoi in late 1970 to meet with Communists. People to people peace treaty with North Vietnam, pg 104
34. More support from Communist groups for the VVAW. Communist support, top of pg 111
35. We ask why Senator John Kerry votes against defense and intelligence spending, here may be the answer. page 142, item 2
36. The Black Militant Group in Cairo Illinois that the VVAW has been supplying with food, clothing and guns attacks the local police. Armed Negros Attack Police, these several pages are a must read. Note that in the November 1971 VVAW meeting it is discussed that VVAW supplied the weapons to this Black Militant GroupBlack Militant Group attacks police, pgs 168 171The first article you cant read but follow to the next two articles.
37. VVAW stated goals are to number 9. To affirm that the membership is not only concerned with ending the war, but changing the domestic, social, political, and economic institutions that have caused and permitted the continuance of war. The Socialist/Communist agenda, pg 181, item 9
38. VVAW paper identifies John Kerry as National Spokesman for VVAW. John Kerry Identified as national spokesman, pg 183
39. VVAW collusion with foreign spies? The Diplomatic List published by U.S. Department of State, in 1971 listed Grigoriy Sergeyvich Milhaylovskiy as an assistant Military Attache, Embassy of the U.S.S>R., Washington, D.C. VVAW meets with Soviet KGB spy, pg 184-185
40. Back to the future, read John Kerrys statement to a news paper concerning the Vietnam War, Ill bet it sounds familiar. We are here because we, above all others, have earned the right to criticize the was in South-east Asia. We are here to say that it is not patriotism to ask Americans to die for a mistake and that it is not Patriotic to allow a President to talk about not being the first President to lose a war ... Kerrys speech than sounds like Kerrys speech now, pg 247
41. Read in the FBI files where John Kerry states, Ho Chi Minh is the George Washington of Vietnam. Ho studied the United States Constitution and wants to install the same provisions into the Government of Vietnam, Kerry speaks, pg 248
Try the sandbox:
Or stop by Hoosiermama's
Welcome!!! And God bless you!
I don't know much either. But there will be plenty of folks that will help as the night moves along. ;-)
Thank-you for your service to our wonderful Country!
P.S. Where are you? Are you still in this Country? Or over seas?
What slang are you unsure of? For instance, PING means that you are calling someone to a thread of interest. BTTT means "bump to the top" so that the thread stays in view longer. "Troll" means disruptor from places like DU - as in get them the Hell off of the board. ZOT is what we do with Trolls - their account is deleted.
Take the $ sign out and put your picture url in between the ""
and it will work. I put the $ sign in order to fool the computer.
Hell week starts tomorrow, newbie!
Very new myself, and it's VERY, VERY addictive.
Oh, don't get me started......whoops....too late!
Not required, just something to sharpen your teeth on.
"Fintan" = Perilously close to being banned for three days.
Best rules to follow for etiquette:
Admin Moderator="The Man" Don't mess with the AM. They have the power of ZOT.
Jim Robinson="The Man's Boss" 'nuff said there. He OWNS this site.
Side Bar Moderator: Controls the content seen on the right side of the screen. Don't mess with them either.
Newbie: I don't need to explain that one to you. Much like newbies everywhere - such as LeJune.
Welcome to FR! Always good to see another grunt around here. I spent 10 yrs infantry in the Army, and one summer at Quantico in the Corps Platoon Leader Class. Are you still active?
This site will help with the acronyms. http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/index.html
ROTFLMAO is the first test.
Here is a link to a new weapon the infantry will be using soon, check it out. :-)
And here; (requires adobe reader)
Thanks to this newbie -I too am one. Fabulous place. We have been struggling to understand the lingo and did figure some out but 'ping'and BTTT and bump were mysterious until now. Thank you guys for explaining.
We have to tell you that you guys helped us survive the wave of negative "crap"flowing out of the Kerry camp towards us during the last week of the election. Thanks. We went to bed every night having had a great laugh from pictures, comments, etc. This site is indeed very addictive -It may be added to the DSM in time.
- The HTML Campfire
- Formatting Messages with Outlook Express (HTML Bootcamp)
- Basic html formatting
- R U new? Some Tips....
- HTML for FReeper Newbies
- HTML Sandbox (Original Thread)
- HTML Sandbox (Thread Two)
- HTML Sandbox (Thread Three)
- Reference HTML Cheatsheet
(Also This for New Freepers)
- Revised & Updated! -- THE LEXICON OF FREEREPUBLIC -- (FR dictionary, more help for newcomers!)
- Fifth Edition of the Lexicon of FreeRepublic * * A helpful FR dictionary for newcomers * *
- Updated FR Excerpt and Link Only or Deny Posting List due to Copyright Complaints
- Way too many duplicates and vanities. Please read - again. (Welcome Newbies)
I finally figured out what STFU meant election night after 3-4 beers. I love this place.
Please don't post operational details about Fallujah.
A "clymer" is an Major League A$$h0le,
A "liberal" is a crybaby,
A "Bushbot" is someone who loves Bush even when he doesn't win elections with 100% of the vote and turn the country conservative overnight,
A "rat" is short (and accurate) for Democrat,
A "clinton" is the pile the dog leaves steaming in the yard when you let him out,
"PETA" stands for "People Eating Tasty Animals"
In the future, use SKNHANHOFS instead of "STILL KINDA NEW HERE AND NEED HELP ON FR SLANG". No one will know what it means but everyone except you will feel like a newbie.
And "bump" is a lazy "bump to the top".
Welcome! I'm sure your contribution here will be hugh. No, really, I'm series!!
Don't forget to mooseproof your sister, especially when all her base belong to us. :)
Any mention of Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham or Michelle Malkin must be accompanied by a photo. Obviously.
Thanks to all so far! (I THINK! LOL!!!)
I have posted here of late (w/in the past week or two) but am a little unfamiliar how to use/navigate the site.(Getting it now and WILL read the links and bookmarks sent, I promise!)
For the recored:
I am an OLD INFANTRY MARINE (0311) and served in VN.
I am NOT an Active Duty Marine ... But, you know how the saying goes; "You can take the dog outta the fight, but, you can't take the fight outta the dog!"
I network often with other VN Vets as "Ironman0311", and also with their newsletters. Between us all we get very good distribution through the Vets "Jungle Grapevine" ...
BTTT (or bttt) is an abreviation for "bump to the top".
And "bump to the top" just means that you want a certain thread to get seen, so when you "bump", or "bttt", that thread title reappears at the top of the "latest posts" page for freepers just logging on or refreshing their "latest posts" page. For example, right after I click "post" to post this post, if I quickly refresh my "latest posts" page, this post will likely be at the top of the page, or at least near the top of the page, depending on how many other people click "post" to post their posts at or about the same exact moment that I click "post" to post my post.
All you need to know is that on Nov. 10, we eat cake and get drunk!
Cheese, you had to say that.
Did anyone mention the ZOT kitties? How many of them
are there? Is it cruel to train kitties to be so mean?
Where do you get those little viking kitty helmets?
Hey, InfantryMarine -- are you still there????
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.