Skip to comments.can somebody answer this question ? (Ask Reddy Kilozot)
Posted on 12/12/2004 10:16:17 AM PST by rockinrobinhehe
For the past 25 years when Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, why did Saddam Hussein not use those weapons of mass destruction against the US or Israel, or hand them over to the Al-Qaeda terrorists or the terrorists in the west bank, even though during the past 25 years, on and off, the following were done which angered and humiliated Saddam Hussein
(1) Israel destroyed Saddam Hussein's nuclear reactors in the 80s
(2) Through the Iran-Contra scandal, the US supplied arms to Iran in the Iran-Iraq war in the 80s
(3) In the 90s, the US ousted Saddam Hussein from Kuwait
(4) In the 90s, The US openly encouraged the Iraqi Kurds and Shittes to rebel against Saddam Hussein and overthrow him from power and in this case, he did not even use his weapons of mass destruction against the rebellious kurds and shiattes
(5) In the 90s, Saddam Hussein's palaces were destroyed by the US
(6) In the 90s, the CIA made several assassination attempts on Saddam Hussein
(7) In the 90s, the US prevented Saddam Hussein's planes from flying in the no-fly zone
(8) In the 90s, the US had crippling economic sanctions on Iraq
(9) Throughout the 90s, the US periodically bombed Iraq which resulted in massive property damage and the deaths of thousands of Iraqis including relatives of Saddam Hussein
(10) Throughout the 90s, the US systematically decimated almost the entire air defense systems of Saddam Hussein
(11) In 2003, a decapitating attack on Saddam by the US tried to kill Saddam Hussein and his sons
(12) In 2003, Saddam Hussein was ousted from power in Iraq
(13) In 2003, Saddam Hussein's sons and his 14 year old grandson were brutally killed by the US
So even though the US and Israel for the past 25 years have angered and humiliated Saddam Hussein, why did Saddam Hussein not use his weapons of mass destruction against Israel or the US or hand them over to the Al-Qaeda terrorists or the terrorists in the west bank, these past 25 years ?
We are the crazy aunt that no one wants to talk about.
We pretty much want to get along with anybody, we are the big dufus of the world who really doesn't want to fight, cause we see what happens to countries when they wish to fight.
However that being said you don't want to piss us off, if you do there is nothing that will stop us from destroy you and yours.
I sometimes think we really do believe in blood feuds for as long as it takes us to get the job done.
For further reading try Ripples of Battle and carnage and culture.
Were you asleep at the switch? Or are you lying to yourself, and to us? Please reply, unless you've already been zotted to a crisp.
1) Al Queda didn't exist 25 years ago (false premise).
2) Israel pre-empted Iraq and bombed Saddam's nuclear reactor in 1981.
3) Iraq was at war with Iran for from 1980 until 1990, and he DID use WMD against the Iranians, and against the Kurds.
4) Iraq did provide terrorist groups with NBC training int he mid-1990s. Prelude to what - we don't know.
5) Have a nice ZOT vacation.
The notion of WMD in Iraq has proven to not be what many suspected - But the fact is, we could no longer wait and wonder.....after Sept 11th the rules changed - If Saddam had WMD they needed to be removed....(if he didn't have WMD...then the possibility of him making WMD's needed to be removed!) -
No one can deny Saddam had the capabilities to produce WMD's - He no longer has those capabilities...nor do terrorists have Iraq as a place for funding (the World is safer because of this) -
Now, it does appear clear that Saddam did not have the WMD's we thought he did - GWB, Rumsfeld and Cheney have all been clear about this - The WMD's they thought were there (that our intelligence and World intelligence suspected was there)....just wasn't -
GWB, Rumsfeld and Cheney are men of integrity and honesty - they are not men who play word games....and they have been up-front and clear over the past 6 months....The WMD we suspected was in Iraq wasn't there...(but now we KNOW...and the World is safer because of this) -
As Freedom and self-worth spread throughout Iraq and Afghanistan the World is better off - (this is happening daily).
Thank-god for the leadership of GWB.
The election is over. The question is moot, except that we're not real sure he didn't give them to terrorists (or neighboring states). And we don't have to wonder anymore if he will do any of these things in the future, do we? Go play in DUmmieland.
Bye, RockinRobin ..... hehe!
He's dead, Jim!
He's dead, Jim.
(Click here or on the pic).
Please let me know if you want ON or OFF my Viking Kitty/ZOT ping list!. . .don't be shy.
Perhaps because he knew we would turn Baghdad into glass?
We've got a live one over here.
Man, the Admin Mods are fast these days.
He was a goner by the time I got here! :^O
Thanks for the heads up.
Rockinrobin on the left and hehe on the right!
Dear Husseinite, during the first Gulf War, where did the Scud missiles go?
We didn't get to even play with this one!!
Well, your time here is going to be VERY short---and VERY painful!
Clean up on aisle five!
Zu-Zu Zu-Zu Zot Za Zot! Can I getta ZOT ZOT?
Not even enough play time for the Kitties! The Mods are gettin tooooo fast.
Thanks for the ping (as usual, I'm to late).
Hmmmm....I see the zot-tards are up early today. Don't you usually sleep until 3:00?
All your Nukes Belong to Us!!!!
Standby for a battery 12, HE,PD fuse, charge 8................
| I remember this being a big question early on in the invasion of Iraq... We went in fully expecting WMD to be used against our troops, and nothing ever happened. I remember hearing explanations such as:
1. Hussein DID order the use, and front line commanders refused.
2. Iraqi command and control was so quickly and effectively disrupted/dismantled early on that commanders willing to use them could not get a clear go ahead, or could not FIND any because they had been hidden so well.
3. Hussein could not afford to reveal himself as the liar he is to those countries which still sided with him and who still considered him innocent.
4. They were moved out of the country prior to invasion for use against the real target... Israel.
5. Hussein DID order the use, but he didn't have any and he didn't know it.
Time to send the kitties. This one is on a drunken rampage.
I doubt that one... Hussein surely knows where his casche lies, whether its 300 ft underground or heavily guarded in a neighboring country.
We did not "oust" Saddam from Kuwait. We kicked him out of a country he invaded. Big difference.
(4) In the 90s, The US openly encouraged the Iraqi Kurds and Shittes to rebel against Saddam Hussein and overthrow him from power and in this case, he did not even use his weapons of mass destruction against the rebellious kurds and shiattes.
Where have you been? Saddam most certainly did use weapons of mass destruction against the Kurds.
To the rest of your points, Saddam was funding terrorists. This is not conjecture or speculation, it is fact. And, with Saddam throwing around billons of dollars (you have heard of the oil for food scandal), his documented instances of funding terrorist and his dislike for the U.S., whether he still had weapons of mass destruction or not, he was a real and significant threat.
Saddam and his regime were a weapon of mass destruction, even if only that he was, was of a mind to or was motivated to fund such weapons.
Now, where is the Zot patrol. We have a troll.
"why did Saddam Hussein not use those weapons of mass destruction against the US or Israel, or hand them over to the Al-Qaeda terrorists or the terrorists in the west bank,"
We would have nuked the whole country. The Israelis would do it twice for good measure.
I doubt it too, but it was one of the theories thrown around at the time.
I agree, they are in Syria and/or buried real deep somewhere in Iraq.
I'm personally of the opinion that we HAVE found some there, and have kept it under wraps for military or strategic reasons that are beyond me at this point. I have a relative who was over there and said that they were found... and back home, we couldn't understand why the administration was not refuting the claims that none existed. Maybe it's because our intelligence knew that once the lie was exposed, the enemy would be more prone to use them.
and back home, we couldn't understand why the administration was not refuting the claims that none existed. Maybe it's because our intelligence knew that once the lie was exposed, the enemy would be more prone to use them.
Or maybe it would incriminate some other countries we don't want to publicly point fingers at right now. Maybe GWB is holding his cards real close and letting them wonder and sweat.
Are there any other kind?
| Hadn't thought of that angle...
scary.... isn't it?
You always make the greatest pics.
Hey, if I could see what I am shooting at, then I am too close.
I need F.O.[foreward observer] & an F.D.C.[fire direction control] to aim properly!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.