Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

id say it's mostly genetic. I mean you can find tons of animals that exhibit in same-sex behavior. Were they brought up gay or molested as a child? I mean come on. You think a lot of people want to be gay? I doubt it. It is just the way it is.


36 posted on 12/13/2004 10:23:44 AM PST by TerP26
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies ]


To: TerP26

You think people want to be pedophiles? Come on.

You think people want to be rapists? Come on.

You think people want to be animal torturers? Come on.

You think people want to be theives/kleptomaniacs/arsonists/liars/adulterers/embezzelers/herion addicts etcetcetc? Come on.


40 posted on 12/13/2004 10:28:45 AM PST by little jeremiah (What would happen if everyone decided their own "right and wrong"?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

To: TerP26

>> I mean you can find tons of animals that exhibit in same-sex behavior.<<

Yes, because most animals engage in sexual behavior simply as a result of environmental stimuli. For instance, most animals simply go into periodic "heat," where they are sexually aroused by what time it is in a sexual cycle, and not by the characteristics of another animal present. Such animals often mate with members of the opposite sex only because they find members of their own sex unreceptive. A cat in heat will becom esexually active with whatever fits its anatomy the best. A same-sex relation is better to a cat than a carpet, but a carpet will do, also. But that same cat will, AFAIK, always prefer another cat of the opposite gender.

Humans are very unique among animals in that our sexuality is not cyclical. Human female's breasts are perpetually enlarged for sexuality, and both genders are capable of sexual relations at any time. Rather, human sexuality is mostly triggered by psychological, rather than physiological conditions. (There are some vestigal physiological causes; Men tend to be visually stimulated while women tend to show a circilunar greater ease of arousal.) The complex psychological elements of sexuality are altogether absent in most animals, and therefore comparisons to human sexuality are just silly.

I would have a couple conditions before I would consider relating animal homosexuality to human homosexuality:

1. The animal would have monogamous in nature. This is not because I am asserting that humans are monogamous in nature, but because it establishes sexual psychology, not simply indiscriminate humping; In corollary, the animal would have to be exclusively homosexual; bisexuality in animals would only demonstrate a lack of cognitive discrimination.

2. The animal would have to have heterosexual opportunity. In other words, I wouldn't classify as homosexual animals which are striving for heterosexual matings, but which are physiologically compelled to sexually climax in spite of the ability to find an appropriate mate.


84 posted on 12/13/2004 11:19:53 AM PST by dangus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

To: TerP26

Send me a picture of animals being homo. Any animal. I keep hearing this about animals and I have never seen a queer animal. Maybe you have movies of animals exhibiting queer tendencies? If you do please post them here so we can all see for ourselves. If you have no proof, make no statements about it.


86 posted on 12/13/2004 11:21:29 AM PST by calex59
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

To: TerP26
I mean you can find tons of animals that exhibit in same-sex behavior

You mean the ones observed in zoo's or in the wild? See any parallels from prison inmates in long term incarceration? You've been had.

109 posted on 12/13/2004 12:06:26 PM PST by Clint N. Suhks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

To: TerP26

I disagree, there is no gene, they have admitted by 87% that they were sexually abused as children, the remaining 13 percent admitted to have been "introduced to homosexual activity at a very young age" they did not see it as abuse. Not every person who has been molested as a child grows up to be gay, the the overwhelming evidence is that most gay people, (especially men) have been abused. At some point.

I totally believe it is environmental and related to childhood experiences in one way or another.


157 posted on 12/13/2004 3:10:51 PM PST by gidget7 (God Bless America, and our President George W. Bush)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson