"There's a lot of case law that says it is important in this state that children not be illegitimized," Superior Court Judge Paul Bastine told The Spokesman-Review newspaper on Thursday
Hey Judge .. did ya ever think that maybe if she was able to divorce this wife beater ... that she would be free to married the babies father??
posted on 12/31/2004 8:18:55 PM PST
(Should be called Oil for Fraud and not Oil for Food)
To: Mo1; All
actually, he knows that.
1) he didn't DENY the divorce, he revoked it FOUR days after he issued dissolution
2) before he revoked it, he asked Shawnna Hughes to tell him why he shouldn't revoke it
3) this is what she wrote:"Hughes said: "If this court vacates my divorce and requires me to
stay married to a man I have no desire ever to have a relationship with and who has brought significant physical harm to me over the years, I would be emotionally devastated. If the court vacates my divorce and stays it until the birth of my child, it will prevent me
from marrying the father of my child prior to her birth."
4) this is what the judge HAS said:
"It's not the child's fault that mom got pregnant," Bastine
said. "The answer is, you don't go around doing that when you're not divorced." (see the morality dripping from that remark)
5) the judge is leaving office w/in a month.
6) the law he is invoking is a law that was SUPPOSED to protect the father as well as the mother and child...it was a law that was fully championed by fathers rights groups when it was adopted in 1975
7) court records show that Carlos, who has been incarcerated, with a "no contact" issuance, and could not possibly be the father of the baby.
The judge is under NO illusion about whether Carlos is the father or not. It is in court record that logically, he cannot be.
It's TIME for this hack of a judge to retire.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson