Skip to comments.18 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA (Just recieved this email from someone we know)
Posted on 01/04/2005 2:38:37 PM PST by stockpirate
18 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA
Did you know....?
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold and ES&S. link 1 link 2 link 3
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of the U.S. voting machine industry. link 1 link 2
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers. link 1 link 2
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." link 1 link 2
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He became Senator in a surprise upset, with votes counted by ES&S machines. link 1 link 2
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with the Bush family, was recently caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee. link 1 link 2 link 3
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's vice-presidential candidates. link 1 link 2
8. Kenneth Blackwell co-chaired George Bush's Ohio election campaign. As Ohio secretary of state, he left no stone unturned to surpress the democratic vote. link 1 link 2 link 3
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out of the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters. link 1 link 2
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail. link 1 link 2
11. Exit polls are usually excellent predictors of election results. Reputable analyses could not find and explanation of the discrepancy between exit polls and results of the 2004 presidential election. link 1 link 2 link 3
12. A Diebold subsidiary employed 5 convicted felons as senior managers and developers. These people helped write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in 30 states. link 1 link 2
13. Jeff Dean, senior programmer on Diebold's central compiler code, was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the first degree. link 1 link 2
14. Jeff Dean was served jail time for planting back doors in his client's accounting software and using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade detection over a period of 2 years. link 1 link 2
15. None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls in Ohio. link 1 link 2
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines because the security was so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked, a chimpanzee was able to do it! (See the movie here with the chimp link 1 link 2 link 3
17. All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors detected and reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican candidates. link 1 link 2 link 3 link 5
18. Serious voting anomalies in Florida -- again always favoring Bush -- have been mathematically demonstrated and experts are recommending further investigation. link 1 link 2 link 3 link 4 link 5
Based on a list compiled by Angry Girl link 1 ______________________________________________ Were American's votes were deliberately miscounted?
1) forward this list to everyone you know 2) use it as grist for letters to the editor (in your own words) and requests to newspapers, radio and tv for election fraud investigation... link to DU 3) write your congressional representatives calling for an investigation http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Evalyn F. Segal, PhD Professor Emerita, San Diego State University Residing at Philadelphia PA USA
Get over it, you guys lost the election.
The voting machines cannot be "Hacked" because they are not connected to the internet. Repeat "Not Connected"
Do some research on the "exit polls" and find how the numbers were juiced in favor of Kerry. This can be found on Slatecom slate
And here is more for your reading enjoyment.
I suppose it doesn't matter that Ohio didn't use Diebold
Red flag. Did you try snopes.com?
It's funny how they scream and yell about Diebold, but the problem is Diebold wasnt used in Ohio...
and the voter lines?
I waited for 3 hours to vote. I am not in an Urban or minority area either.
The truth doesn't matter to these nitwits.
I suppose it doesn't matter that if two brothers are in the same business with different company's it doesn't make them crooks. Except in a nitwits mind.
Shhhhhhh.....you shouldn't have posted that! Are you trying to screw us for life? How are we ever going to beat people like Mondale, Dukakis and Kerry without it being rigged?
You do have a point.
By this rationale, it's amazing that any democraps anywhere get elected. If the Republicans are fixing all these elections why couldn't they stop NY from electing Hitlery????
I trust a machine far more than I trust a Democrat during a recount.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.
So are the Heat Miser and the Cold Miser, and they almost never agree on anything.
Some enterprising psychiatry student should write a paper about how these liberals cannot let go of their hatred of President Bush. It is like oxygen to them! It would be a day without sunshine if they couldn't read or post something to reinforce their irrational obsessions. It is also very, very pathetic. Has losing gracefully become a lost art? What about just plain losing and GOING AWAY?
Oh, sorry...that student would get an 'F' on that paper, because there's an 80% chance his professor is one of the people I described above.
Bev and her quest for more Money!
They want Felons to be able to vote, but not get good jobs writing software?
....And so are Alec and Billy Baldwin.
Feel free to use this if you like.
Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked, a chimpanzee was able to do it!
Their "proof" is a cute movie of a chimpanzee deleting something on a computer.
You just printed the DU mantra. BTW, all okay w/ the Mrs.?
Well these machines certainly did not work here in the Peoples Republic of WA in Ukraine County (formerly King County).
The "kitchy-koo" is a very nice touch.
I guess it's easier to search for "connections" and imaginary conspiracies than it is to ask "Why are we not winning elections? What is the difference between what we believe and what most voters believe?"
Looks consistent with other things Evalyn's involved with:
Granted Kenneth Blackwell is a Republican ... a black Republican. You would think that would give 'Rats reason for pause.
The usual. I'm a fascist, I'm a psycho, I'm a big blue meanie who beats little baby puppies when nobody's looking, blah-blah-blah-blah.
At that point, I cap off the conversation with just a one-line reply: "I suppose that's supposed to mean something coming from someone whose favorite sexual fantasy is a partner."
good reply, I think I will forward it to the loser's.
"3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers. link 1 link 2"
Beloved JFKennedy appointed his BROTHER to be Attorney General.
Keith has not been notified to my knowledge.
That's very much. I don't know what possessed me to start using that years ago, but it's stuck with me ever since. :o)
This was sent to us via a person we know that works in airline security too.
Be my guest. Use it in good health! :o)
The truth mike doesn't matter to them.
YEE! That just gave me a Sphincter-Factor of 10.
"10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail. link 1 link 2"
I've been quick-checking my cash from ATMs for over 25 years.
Not come up short a single time, yet. Maybe it is a Diebold machine, too?
Is there a point to all of lyour posts of cats and such, or just taking up bandwidth.
You should make this your tagline. LOL
DU is full of such "fact lists." Some guy will CREATE data via some wild extrapolation of 2000 voting data, that supposed PROVES fraud, and a hundred of those poor fools will line up to congratulate him and yell and cheer and curse and start preparing for the Kerry inauguration.
They just can't believe that they lost is the problem.
"Has losing gracefully become a lost art?"
Yes. Particularly if the loser is a democrat.
Yes, thanks. She decided not to go on the trip they wanted her to take if that is what you are referring to. I left it up to her, (and God).
To the Rats that makes him an Uncle Tom.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.