Skip to comments.Steve Gardner : Sorry Brother, Hanoi Kerry lied about you again today on Meet the Press
Posted on 01/30/2005 8:37:43 PM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub
...SEN. KERRY: We were right on the border, Tim. What I explained to people and I told this any number of times, did I go into Cambodia on a mission? Yes, I did go into Cambodia on a mission. Was it on that night? No, it was not on that night. But we were right on the Cambodian border that night. We were ambushed there, as a matter of fact. And that is a matter of record, and we went into the rec-- you know, it's part of the Navy records. It's been documented by the other guys who were on my boat. And Steve Gardner, frankly, doesn't know where we were...
(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.msn.com ...
I was in Viet Nam when you and the traitor were there.
I'm sick of this traitor lying.
I'm sick that NO ONE in Main Stream Media stuck up for you today.
I'm sick that the new RNC Chairman, Ken Mehlman, didn't set the record straight
on you and the other Swift Boat Vets.
I'm an Independent who supports President Bush.
BUT in my book the RNC elite and Main Stream Right Wing Media owe you an apology.
USS CORRY DD 817
This batch of lies was disproved before he even spoke it. WTF?
yea, the gunner of the boat mysteriously doesn't know where they were... Kerry what about the sugar plums dancing in your head?
SEN. KERRY: I still have the hat that he gave me, and I hope the guy would come out of the woodwork and say, Im the guy who went up with John Kerry. We delivered weapons to the Khmer Rouge on the coastline of Cambodia. We went out of Ha Tien, which is right in Vietnam. We went north up into the border. And I have some photographs of that, and thats what we did. So, you know, the two were jumbled together, but we were on the Cambodian border on Christmas Eve, absolutely.
So, the CIA was delivering weapons to the Maoist Khmer Rouge? What the...?! I also find it interesting that he took the Mekong to the "coastline of Cambodia." Not geographically possible, Senator. This guy just keeps digging.
Did Kerry state again today he was in Cambodia?
This is debunked during the campaign. Has this guy lost his marbles?
How many more times do we have to listen to this idiot tell us he was in Vietnam and what the Hell does that have to do with right now and Iraq?
Here's a bump Tonk.
Kerry is really working hard on "proving" he's a hero and not a liar, which I think speaks for itslef. From my personal observations in life I've found that true heroes are almost always too humble to toot their own horns, and none of them are concerned with 'proving' their hero status by talking about it incessantly on tv.
Boy, can Kerry ever dance! He even does flips, stands on his hands, crosses his knees, and just taps, taps, taps away. At the same time keeping up a steady rhythm with his large mouth...moving those lips...hoping, hoping, praying that no one will see what a huckster he is. And now, forever, a has-been and a loser.
Odd, I was in Vietnam on Dec 24 and 25 1968
and Johnson was my Commander-in-Chief
Exhibit 25, Congressional Record - Senate of March 27, 1986, page 3594.
"Mr. President, I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia.
I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me . . . ."
By way of further example, Kerry wrote an article for the Boston Herald on October 14, 1979:
"I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."
See Exhibit 26.
check this out, your pal is getting a little ribbing...
September 6, 2004 -- **BREAKING** In Yesterday's Lies: Steve Pitkin and the Winter Soldiers, Scott Swett tells the story of a former VVAW member and participant in the Winter Soldier Investigation who states that John Kerry and others pressured him to give false testimony about American atrocities in Vietnam.
After more than 33 years, Pitkin is the first Winter Soldier "witness" to file a legal affadavit regarding that event...
AFFIDAVIT OF STEVEN J. PITKIN combat veteran of the Vietnam War (Kerry pressured him to give false Winter Soldier testimony)
AFFIDAVIT OF STEVEN J. PITKIN
STATE OF FLORIDA
COUNTY OF PALM BEACH
Before me, the undersigned authority, personally appeared Steven J. Pitkin, known, to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to this instrument, who, after first being duly sworn by me, upon oath stated:
1. My name is Steven J. Pitkin. I am over the age of twenty-one years, and I am fully competent and able to make this affidavit. I am able to swear, as I do hereby swear, that all facts and statements contained in this affidavit are true and correct and within my personal knowledge.
2. I am a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, having served with the Ninth Division of the U.S. Army beginning 25 May 1969. A mortar explosion wounded me, my wounds gradually became infected, and I was treated in an Army hospital in Okinawa. I contracted hepatitis C from blood transfusions I received during that time. I was honorably discharged from the Army on 28 August 1969.
3. Medals received for my Army service include: Combat Infantry Badge, Army Commendation Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, RVN Cross of Gallantry, Air Medal, Purple Heart.
4. During my service in Vietnam, I neither witnessed nor participated in any American war crimes or atrocities against civilians, nor was I ever aware of any such actions. I did witness the results of Vietcong atrocities against Vietnamese civilians, including the murder of tribal leaders.
5. Upon my return to the United States I encountered anti-war protestors who, at various times, threw feces, spit, and screamed obscenities.
6. I met Scott Camil, an organizer of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), at Catonsville Community College in Baltimore in 1970, and joined that organization.
7. In January of 1971, I rode in a van with Scott Camil, John Kerry, a national leader of the VVAW, and others from Washington D.C. to Detroit to attend the Winter Soldier Investigation, a conference intended to publicize alleged American war crimes in Vietnam. Having no knowledge of such war crimes, I did not intend to speak at the event.
8. During the Winter Soldier Investigation, John Kerry and other leaders of that event pressured me to testify about American war crimes, despite my repeated statements that I could not honestly do so. One event leader strongly implied that I would not be provided transportation back to my home in Baltimore, Maryland, if I failed to comply. Kerry and other leaders of the event instructed me to publicly state that I had witnessed incidents of rape, brutality, atrocities and racism, knowing that such statements would necessarily be untrue.
9. In April 1971, I attended a VVAW protest in Washington D.C. known as Dewey Canyon III. During this event I was present when protestors, including John Kerry, threw medals and ribbons over a fence outside the U.S. Capitol. I witnessed a man holding a bag of ribbons and medals and handing them out to other protestors. I saw that many of the ribbons and medals were not those that would be received by veterans of combat in Vietnam.
10. During the Dewey Canyon III protest, others and I confronted protestors who were wearing or carrying Vietcong flags.
11. After the Dewey Canyon III protest, I was no longer invited to meetings of the VVAW in Baltimore, and ended my association with the organization.
12. I joined the 5/20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland National Guard in 1974, was graduated from paratrooper jump school with honors in 1976, joined the Coast Guard in 1978 and served there until my retirement in May 1997.
(signed) Steven J. Pitkin
Further affiant saith not.
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 31st day of August, 2004.
Commission # DD235268
My commission expires July 28, 2007
Steve Pitkin Affadavit, August 31, 2004
Steve Pitkin DD-214
Steve Pitkin WSI testimony
Steve Pitkin WSI video clips -- February 1, 1971 (4:16, 1.6MB)
I just read the transcript and I cannot believe this guy is still claiming to have been in Cambodia in Dec. 1968 when we all know he was miles away somewhere else.
I think Kerry is Certifiable and I Thank God everyday he did not win the election, I can only shudder at what this Moron might have done as CIC and President.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.