|This thread has been locked, it will not receive new replies.|
|Locked on 02/09/2005 8:17:15 PM PST by Admin Moderator, reason:|
Skip to comments.Posting refresher course - Please read
Posted on 02/09/2005 6:25:49 PM PST by Tarpaulin
We've had a lot of new folks join up recently. Welcome aboard, this thread is a gentle reminder of some basic posting guidelines. (And for some of you old timers as well) Please read the follow, and ask any questions. We will all try to help you out.
If it's a breaking news topic, check breaking news first, it's probably already posted.
To avoid duplicate posts, please search before posting. Use the published article title to prevent duplicates. The best method to search is to pick a key word or two from the title. If the article you are posting is, "Dan Rather Memo", start with 'Memo' for the key word. If it is a hot topic, you might want to use two or more keywords, in this case, try 'memo rather'. For an effective search, select 'match all words' and select 'order by post time'.
All non-sourced non-news threads are posted here. This doesnt mean your one thought is a thread by itself. Lately, we have been seeing articles posted that should be comments made on the main article. Your comment/vanity article will be pulled or moved to General/Chat. Vanities should be limited to the mission of Free Republic.
Bloggers & Personal
For all of you who have blogs or personal web sites or personal news or opinion or forum sites that you would like to discuss or promote on Free Republic, here's the place to do it.
Our new Bloggers & Personal forum is for:
- Posting from your blog.
- Posting from other peoples blogs.
- Posting your from your personal web site.
- Posting from other peoples personal web sites.
- Promoting your blog.
- Promoting other peoples blogs.
- Promoting your personal web site.
- Promoting your favorite web sites.
- Posting from your favorite outside forums.
- Posting from your favorite lefty forums or sites (DUh and the like).
Click on the "Bloggers & Personal" forum link on the Forums sidebar of the latest posts pages.
Hopefully, this will become a very popular forum for promoting and or discussing blogs and personal opinion/news/forum pages.
Updated FR Excerpt and Link Only or Deny Posting List due to Copyright Complaints
FYI: The New York Times is not on the excerpt list.
We will pull unlinked threads that might violate the excerpt rules. Don't try to get around it by not posting a link. Please follow the rules so Jim doesn't have hassles.
Statement by the founder of Free Republic
Jim and the Mod threads (cool band name)
HTML Sandbox (practice html here, learn new tricks)
(Read the damned post!)
Please read this post..PLEASE!
Every time a thread liek this comes up, I learn something new.
Do I smell ozone? Kitties? Burnt Kitties?
N00b, you will be toasted for your impudence!!!
"...ask any questions.
When I want to stop my computer, why do I have open up that thingy that says "start"?
Now that was funny!
Good time for this. Only problem is there are a ton of trolls in the woods right now, and they don't pay any attention to the niceties...
perhaps FR's software could be tweaked so that when someone begins a new thread with an already-been-posted article the duplicate (source) URL would redirect the poster to the existing thread.
Am I logged in yet?
...and what's the difference between logging in and logging on?
No kidding about the trolls - you're on late at night like I am, have you noticed a LOT of fresh sign-ups and trollposts lately?
I'm curious as to what the impetus is... we get a bunch right before each major election, and if legislation is going down. But what is the reason for it now?? Inquiring minds want to know...
I think im the pulled thread king. lol.. Good read.. maybe ill make 3rd place next time :)
Since Nov 15, 2004
Yes. There is.
I think it is a concerted effort by the DNC and their allies to attack anybody they can.
Probably orchestrated from their basement.
- The HTML Campfire
- Formatting Messages with Outlook Express (HTML Bootcamp)
- Basic html formatting
- R U new? Some Tips....
- HTML for FReeper Newbies
- HTML Sandbox (Original Thread)
- HTML Sandbox (Thread Two)
- HTML Sandbox (Thread Three)
- HTML Sandbox (Latest Thread)
- Reference HTML Cheatsheet
(Also This for New Freepers)
- Revised & Updated! -- THE LEXICON OF FREEREPUBLIC -- (FR dictionary, more help for newcomers!)
- Fifth Edition of the Lexicon of FreeRepublic * * A helpful FR dictionary for newcomers * *
- Updated FR Excerpt and Link Only or Deny Posting List due to Copyright Complaints
- Posting refresher course - Please read
- Way too many duplicates and vanities. Please read - again. (Welcome Newbies)
They may be trolls but more precisely they're the new breed of conservative, the compassionate conservative, the Republican moderate.
1. Please post the entire article if possible. Sometimes the article's original web site will pull the article and the only copy left is here on FR.
The software controlling the posting page will automatically insist you excerpt an article if needed. So, post all of of and let the software do its job.
2. If you must excerpt, please link to the printer friendly version of the article if possible. Many FReepers, including yours truly, are stuck in 56K dialup He11. Loading the printer friendly version takes considerably less time than the graphics intensive version.
He also said "dam*ed".
That's not nice.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.