Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - February 19, 2005 - New satellite intel on Iran's nuclear tunnels
Posted on 02/19/2005 10:42:49 AM PST by DoctorZIn
New satellite intel shows that Iran is building an underground tunnel just north of the Uranium Conversion Facility (UCF) at Esfahan. It appears too big to be only for storage. It might be intended to house production facilities for some uranium conversion processes.. Iran already has about 500 tons of uranium concentrate.
Here are a few of items you may have missed.
- President Bush and Putin will be meeting next week, and will be discussing Irans nuclear program.
- Bush is making it clear that the military option against Irans nuclear program is not our first choice.
- But Bush accused Iran of trying to blame any failure of the EU3/Iran talks on the US.
- France hopes that the US will offer Iran admission to the WTO if Iran agrees to halt all nuclear enrichment, permanently.
- Condi warns Russia about trusting the Iranians.
- Iranians threaten to retaliate within 15 minutes of any US attack, but the average Iranian on the street doesnt appear to want to join in a fight with the US.
- The White House wants more funding for the Voice of America, most which is going towards broadcasts into Iran.
- The Europeans keep pushing for US concessions (carrots) if Iran agrees to a permanent halt to its uranium enrichment. But they seem to forget that Iran's nuclear negotiator has warned there was nothing the West could offer Tehran that would persuade it to scrap a nuclear program.
- And finally, Iranians appear to believe that the mysterious events of the past week: the fire at the Mosque in Tehran and the explosion near the Bushehr nuclear facilities are all part of a US effort towards regime change in Iran, which they appear to welcome.
(See previous post) In fact, it seems to me that no one in the Iranian regime would give any real threats away to the press. At least not in a way that would make the information useful to the U.S. Remember their number one weapon: terror. Irrational terror.
This is the way an Iranian theocrat makes infant formula: Take one infant, put your blender on "liquify"....
...with the exception of the above satellite photo. They're trying to move up in the world it seems. Aren't "multi-polar" worlds great? That Putin is a gentleman and a scholar.
NOBODY expects the Iranian Theocracy! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to Allah.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
If France Germany and the European countries were our allies in fact instead of defacto, this whole mess would be over. A Coalition would have gone to Iraq used it as a base cleaned out Iran Syria, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, , By now we would be on our way to cleaning out Venezuela and Cuba and well on the way to establishing peace for a hundred years.
These make awesome Before shots. It could make a good tourist magnet winter resort in a few years.
Brigadier General Morteza Talaie who was speaking to IRNA at the fire incident's site at Tehran' Panzdah-e-Khordad Square added, "The main cause of the fatal incident is ignoring the basic safety rules, including installation of a Kerosene heater very close to a thick curtain." 14/02/2005
Where are those old city busters from the cold-war days?
I'm starting to see Putin as the new Chirac.
This thread is now closed.
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.