Skip to comments.A.N.S.W.E.R.'s response to Bush: Hit the Streets September 24! [Treason & Sedition]
Posted on 06/29/2005 5:23:41 AM PDT by upchuck
A.N.S .W.E.R.'s response to Bush:
Recognizing that the people of the United States have turned dramat ically against the war and occupation of Iraq, Bush went on national televi sion tonight to defend his imperial foreign policy. He repea tedly invoked September 11 as a pretext for the criminal and illegal war ag ainst Iraq. Bush took to the airwaves tonight because the antiwar m ovement is growing in strength. Our power poses a major poli tical obstacle to the continuation of the war and occupation. Now Bush has taken on the additional role of Recruiter-in-Chi ef, urging young people to sign up for military service and r eplenish the dwindling ranks of the newly enlisted.
Tonight Bush's speech was before a military audience. It comes twenty-fi ve months after he used a military audience as a photo-opportunity. At that time, May 1, 2003, Bush landed aboard the USS aircraft carrier Abraham Lin coln to announce, under the boldly painted banner, "Mission Accomplish ed," that major combat operations had ended in Iraq. Now with the blood of 100,000 dead Iraqis and more than 1,700 U.S. soldiers on his h ands, and a population that no longer believes his recycled ratio nales, Bush is compelled to justify the ongoing military conflict and occupation in Iraq. With the old pretexts - that is, the old lies - so completely exposed, Bush tonight resorted to the consta nt referencing of September 11.
The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & E nd Racism), which has organized the largest mass antiwar demonstrat ions in Washington DC during the last four years, was formed on Se ptember 14, 2001. A.N.S.W.E.R. represented the convergence of those or ganizations and individuals around the country (numbering in the tens of thousands) who immediately took to the streets to expose Bush's manipulation of September 11 and oppose the slogan of "war on terrorism." This mobilization took place at a time when there was great pressure within the U.S. peace movement to be silent and not speak out against the coming imperial ist war drive. All those who stood together in those early days of September have since reached out to their friends, families, neighbors, classmates and co-workers to successfully educate others, to broaden and expand this mass antiwar movement. Now we are ready to take the next step.
On September 24 in Washington DC there will be a mass mobilization at the White House. There will be coordinated actions at the same time in San Franci sco and Los Angeles. This demonstration, initiated by the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coal ition and now joined by thousands across the country, is coming together at the critical moment for our movement. Waiting for the politicians is a dead end. The people must act and deepen the popular antiwar sentiment un til it becomes the most potent force in the current political equation.
The September 24 demonstration will have its place in his tory not only as an expression of the changing political climate in the U.S. but also as an expression of great unity. Marching together and sharing leadership on September 24 will be Arab-Americ an and Muslim communities, unions, military families, veterans, students an d youth, and antiwar, social justice and civil rights groups. The September 24 National Coalition has formed to work together in solidarity and suppor t for this important demonstration. Urge your friends to join in th is important united effort and show the world the power of our rapidly deve loping peoples' movement. Rejecting the right-wing's efforts at division, the people can become the most powerful political force - and that is Bush's greatest fear.
What you can do right now:
1) Send this email to your friends and families. Ask them to endorse the demonstration and join w ith millions of others in the U.S. who now oppose the war in Iraq and want it to be brought to an end. Sign up to get critical email updates on the mobilization and how you c an plug in.
2) Start organizing people to come with you to Washington DC on Septembe r 24. Help spread the word to others about transportation options from your city by filling out the Transportation Form on the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition website.
3) Contact the A.N.S.W.E.R. office for a free packet of organizing mater ials - flyers, posters, stickers and more - so you can start handing t hem out, leaving stacks, and posting them wherever you can: on bulletin boa rds, at school, at work, in the supermarket, your local cafe, your church, mosque or synagogue. Download flyers from the A.N.S.W.E.R. website.
4) Join a street outreach team this weekend or organize one in your town. In Washington DC email dc@intern ationalanswer.org or call 202-544-3389, in New York City email email@example.com< /FONT> or call 212-533-0417, in San Francisco email firstname.lastname@example.org or ca ll 415-821-6545, and in Los Angeles email email@example.com or call 323-464-1636. If you live in another city, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details and tips on how to get started.
5) Please make a donation today - we urgently need your help to bring this war to an end. The Bush administration has billions of dollars that they have taken from us to fund their war and line the pockets of war profiteers. It is up to us to fund the fight for true justi ce and peace.
6) September 24 - 12 noon - White Hous e - BE THERE!
Wonder why they didn't schedule for September 11........
ANSWER = Red Guard of the World Socialist Party and communists
Call in the Protest Warriors for reinforcement.
George $oreA$$ is spending millions if not billions to destroy America.
Sounds like I'll be taking a roadtrip. Looking forward to it!
"the problem with Democrats; if we don't like something, we stage a protest. When the Republicans don't like something, they get lots more of them elected and change it. When will we learn our lesson?"
Unless and until we start dealing very harshly with those openly committing sedition and therefore encouraging the insurgents in Iraq, those insurgents will continue to be emboldened by the leftist insurgents in America. They will continue to delay democracy in Iraq and will continue to kill our American soldiers. The anti-American insurgents in this country are bound and determined to undermine the war effort, just as they did during Vietnam, and ensure that we don't lose this one in Iraq, but that we lose the war at home. This can't be allowed to happen. The only way to stop it is if there is a major crackdown on these seditious pukes and the organizations behind them.
I suspect PW will be on hand.
I have been corresponding with the Coastal New Jersey Chapter about attending a FReep at Ft Monmouth and they have said they'll be the on 9/24.
My son just got a call from the Houston Comical.
They said that they are going to print my letter tomorrow.
I wonder if they took any editorial liberties?
Well, come on down for the festivities. We're planning on having some kind of "welcoming party" for the traitors of cANSWER, United for Peace and Justice, Code Pink-O, International Socialist Organization, and all the rest of the leftist groups who slither into town.
To read about some of the past counter-protests of the commies, go to Kristinn's FR homepage and check the threads he has linked.
I was wondering how their little protest in Fayetteville went. So happy to hear it was a flop!
It really does upset them when even a few people show up and call attention to their lies, communist ties and hate-America agenda. It messes up their message in the media, when counter-protesters tell the truth about them and when we very vocally show our support for our country, our troops and our war on radical Islamists.
My fantasy: Every city renting a bus, loading it with good FRiends, and hauling everyone to D.C. to counter the Commies Then a victory dinner with all the other FReepers in the country.
Post it and ping us.
Then let us know if the editors edited it.
What was really funny is that there were approximately 4,000 of the A.N.S.W.E.R. nutjobs and about a dozen of us FReepers.
Guess who got their picture on the front page of the Sunday Houston Chronicle the next morning?
The nutjobs got a small picture way back on the page where the story was continued.