Skip to comments.Victory and Success Breeds Contempt-Thanks Karl!
Posted on 07/14/2005 3:25:13 AM PDT by lisaann8
I love a Washington feeding frenzy don't you? I mean, aren't we all glued to our seats to watch the next roasting (I mean press briefing) starring Scott McClellan?
Months and years of a tightly wound and controlled Bush White House has forced the MSM (mainstream media) to lose their collective minds over the prospect of delivering Karl Rove's head on a silver platter to their friends on the Left side of the aisle in the Beltway.
And just as the Left continues to embarrass themselves with righteous indignation over President Bush's refusal to allow them to name the next Supreme Court justice, they now have set their sights on Mr. Rove, the "architect" of the president's elections and his closest advisor.
I'm not going to go into all the details of where we are with this "investigation"; it's been covered in the blogs ad nauseum and almost without exception, incorrectly in the mainstream cable world (Chris Matthews, anyone?) It all boils down to this: Karl Rove will not be indicted for a hangnail, much less "outing" a CIA operative and when the collective left is exposed and embarrassed by the truth of what this may really be about (Hello, New York Times?), the whole story will fade faster than George Hamilton without a sun lamp.
Therefore, the only thing we have to look forward to is how desperate our friends on the Left will become once it becomes clear that their latest attempt to injure our fearless president has failed and to wait and see what the next subject of their ire will be.
Because it's becoming increasingly clear that with every failure; two elections, a wartime president, judicial filibusters, the National Guard fiasco, Abu Grahib in Baghdad, flushing Korans at Gitmo, etc., the radical Left just moves the target and digs in for more and more and in doing so, moves them all further into political irrelevancy.
But here's the good news: We can only hope that they don't wise up before the mid-term elections and even better, Hillary's ascendancy as the next great hope from Hope via Chicago. Because if they continue to fail to graduate from lessens learned debriefings, we can all sit home and save a few bucks because we won't even have to campaign for McCain/Rice, Bush/Rice, Rice/Allen or whatever other combination we nominate, we'll win in a walk.
As they saying goes: Never interrupt an enemy when they are busy destroying themselves.
The smartest man in politics is in the center of a politically motivated and MSM media directed storm and his and the White House silence should be speaking volumes to our political foes. That they are too blinded by hatred to see it only works to his and our advantage.
Keep going I say: Chris Matthews, please foam at the mouth some more and demand more investigations, get every leftist congressman or woman on TV calling for his head and make Hillary repeat over and over again how he should be fired...please, I'm beggin' ya.
This is going to be even better than watching Dan Rather imploding his journalistic career over his blind hatred of the Bush family.
Time to get some popcorn with extra butter and enjoy the show because our friends, the mainstream media and the democrats are creating better sequels than Hollywood these days.
Lisa Sarrach is a freelance writer whose columns appear in GOPUSA.COM. She has also written for The Detroit News and other publications. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Never interrupt an enemy when they are busy destroying themselves."
What a great tagline and post, thanks!
(Denny Crane: "Sometimes you can only look for answers from God and failing that... and Fox News".)
from my mail bag;
This Rove/Plame/Wilson scandalette is following the familiar pattern of every such brouhaha we've had in the Bush administration from Halliburton to Abu Ghraib to Tom DeLay to Gitmo.
These are the twelve stages that we have come to recognize and expect.
1. Something comes out in the press that looks terribly damaging.
2. The media goes into overdrive hyping the story and focusing on it monomaniacally.
3. The lefty bloggers start drooling in glee.
4. Democratic politicians make somber, seemingly heartsick speeches denouncing the administration in increasingly vituperative language.
5. Then, after a day or so, the right side of the fence kicks into gear. The RNC starts issuing press releases to show how things are being taking out of proportion.
6. Righty bloggers start looking at the actual evidence, going back through old news stories to remind people of the historical facts. Long-forgotten little reports in the media are resurrected to exonerate the Bush people.
7. Conservatives get just as angry as those on the left.
8. The media barely reports any of the debunking of the original story. They continue with whatever storyline they established in the first days of the kerfuffle.
9. Fox News interviews someone like Byron York to show how misleading the original storyline was. Maybe there is a story in the Wall Street Journal or the New York Post, but barely anything in the Washington Post, New York Times, network news et al.
10. Conservatives get angrier and more cynical about the MSM.
11. Liberals get more gleeful, but also more frustrated.
12. The liberals are frustrated because polls come out showing that few people care about the story that has so excited them so. The story eventually dies down and once again the liberals come off looking like buffoons.
Lather (Lefty and media outrage), rinse (righty debunking), and repeat (whatever the next supposed scandal is lurking out there
Surely you jest. McCain? The Democrats should be so lucky if the GOP nominates John McCain, for they will more than likely win.
Here's a small piece of absolute truth, buried in the story.
Rove's signed a release to "any person" to release his name way, waaaaay, waaaaaaay back in 2003!
The drama queens (Miller and Cooper)are both still lying about it. Miller just wanted jail time to be a supposed martyr and to work on her book deal, and Mr. Mandy Grunwald Cooper lied when he feigned he had received a last minute reprieve from the Governor.
The Special Counsel may now focus on Wilson himself for his malfeasence--and good ole "Frog March" Joe has many more reasons to worry than Rove does.
They over reached....again.
Which makes me wonder why we are supposed to believe that Cooper's email to Time magazine tells the truth (The email in which Cooper writes of his conversation with Rove.)
That is a paraphrase of Napoleon who once said, "Never distract your enemy when he is busy making a mistake!"
This is really the media's Howard Dean Insanity Moment. You gotta love it!
"Never distract your enemy when he is busy making a mistake!"
I dunno. The media and the libs have managed to distort the issues in the Schiavo case beyond all recognition. The lies have a longer life than she did. I suspect they'll have some success with Rove.
I saw Victoria Tensing ( I think that is her name ) on TV today. She was one of the co-authors who wrote the CIA law that says you can't out a covert agent. She said ROVE DID NOT BREAK THAT LAW.
Kicking a dead horse (or donkey) is more fun than you think!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.