Skip to comments.BWAHAHAHAHA - Sierra Club Summit in San Francisco: Gore in an Escalade, Arianna in a Suburban
Posted on 09/11/2005 11:56:58 PM PDT by doug from upland
SIERRA CLUB NATIONAL CONVENTION & EXPO
Yes, on this 9/11 weekend, I went under deep cover at the Sierra Club Summit in San Francisco, California.
- I the flight up to SF, I sat next to a dentist who came here from Canada...yes, he is a conservative...Canada, I guess, exports them because they cannot stand the stinking socialist tax-grabbing country
- Algore speech on Friday...global warming...everything is Bush's fault...he quoted Lincoln and Churchill...we can save the planet but must have an unprecedented response...we won two wars at the same time in Europe and the Pacific...we stopped communism (what is this we crap, Al?)...after he said "I'll close with this," he talked another 15 minutes...and then what does he do after the historic speech?...does he get whisked away in an electric vehicle? a hybrid? a fuel cell vehicle? a natural gas vehicle? (hybrid vehicles were at the event for test drives)... No! Hell no! Al gets into his waiting gas guzzling giantic planet-killing CADILLAC ESCALADE! yes, folks, he really did do that
- Air America had a booth but I didn't hear them broadcast...and I didn't see any evidence that they gave all that money back to the NY kids
- the t-shirt booth had shirts such as OIL AND WATER DON'T MIX, and IMPEACH BUSH...another booth had a I AM HERE TO SAVE THE EARTH shirt...saving the earth from aliens or neo-cons? all your liberal airheads are belong to us
- the weird loser guy in charge of the bike racks had a shirt with a Swastika and the contention that Bush is a Nazi
- every time I went up and down the stairs, all 57 of them, I walked...the neo-con walked...what did the environmentalists do? of course, they went up and down the escalator...not more that 5% used the stairs going down, and I only saw about 5 people ever use the stairs going up
- gee, they are not very inclusive...all weekend, of all the hundreds and hundreds of people attending (probably actually thousands) I counted no more than 5 black people...where is the outreach? where is Sharpton? where is Jesse?...are these just elitist white leftists?
- they had a brochure about the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge that they want to save...the pictures had animals, trees, and plants...what they didn't say is that the very miniscule amount of land on which they want to drill to extract oil is a great big freaking sheet of ice...just plain ice...there is nothing there...it is good for ice skating and oil drilling
- on 9/11, an incredible fly-by of 4 jets took place right over our heads that couldn't have been more than a couple hundred feet about the tall buildings...it was an incredible sight and an unbelievable sound...THE SOUND OF FREEDOM! the leftists had to hate that
- I saw a scruffy old guy leave the building wearing an interesting shirt...he was about 5' 2" tall, weighed probably 275, had on a funny beany hat, and had a shirt saying DEMOCRATS ARE SEXY
- a bicyclist had a sign on his back saying BICYCLING AGAINST OIL WARS (aren't these people clever?)
- the United States Marines actually had booth there to showcase how they are protecting nature on their bases and how they try to create a buffer to protect neighbors from noise...the major got a chuckle about my comment that they have strayed a little from the mission of killing people and breaking things...we discussed my son-in-law's cruise on the USS ENTERPRISE that had to be turned around on 9/11 and head back to the Gulf to punish the terrorist bastards...he talked about how he landed on that powerful vessel...I bet he wishes he was still doing that instead of protecting kangaroo rats
- for lunch on the last day, we treated a group to pizza and chose the right place...the owners had recently started their pizza business after moving from the Philippines...the kid who helped carry the huge $120 order back to the Moscone Center had just moved here a week ago...he was suprised when I asked him if he felt safer in a country with no Abu Sayef...he got a good laugh out of that, probably because no one in San Fran would ever have mentioned that to him...they still don't know we are at war against those who want to kill Western Civilization...they want their government job pay raises, they want out of Iraq, they want Birkenstocks, and they want money for sex change operations...I wonder how their business will do...it was great pizza at a good price, but they had both a statue and picture of Jesus on the counter...I don't know how the tolerant libs will handle that
- a crazy guy on the street who was probably both drunk and loaded, told me that Barry Bonds was coming back...hey, I guess he wasn't so crazy
- I spoke with a woman who was a little tipsy from drinking some Sierra Club label wine at their wine-tasting booth...she actually said, "Who would pay $17,50 for that crap?"...she was interesting...in her '50s, she is divorced and goes kayaking alone...she lives sometimes in a relative's house in Santa Cruz and sometimes in her car...she lived Europe for several years, leaving the country for France after Reagan was elected governor of California...I behaved but was laughing my *ss off inside
- Bill Maher performed on Saturday night, and I was offered tickets...no thanks...the chances would have been great that I would have rushed the stage, and as I have stated here before, Mrs. DFU has said she will not bail me out if I am arrested for political adventures...I am told that the Bush-bashing jokes and F-bombs were spewing from Maher's mouth fast and furious...the Sierra Club guy who introducted Maher pronounced his name Ma-her
- I couldn't behave myself the entire weekend, so just once I had to throw the platic water bottle in the trash instead of the recycling receptacle...it felt good but I also felt a little guilty afterwards
- on the flight home, about four rows behind me was a woman who must have attended the convention...she spoke about Gore's speech and global warming...she bashed Bush...a few minutes might have been okay, but she went on and on, blah blah blah blah blah the entire hour and 15 minute trip...but I behaved...I wanted to ask her what the hell she was doing on this airplane -- IT USES OIL!...but I maintained...she was a frumpy old woman, and I just decided to let it ride
- the real highlight was Arianna Huffington...after she gave her speech and came out of the building she walked right by me...I had heard about her vehicle before the speech, and when I saw her leaving, I raced to borrow a camera...from across the street I managed to take some photos of Arianna and her driver in a gigantic gas guzzling planet-killing Chevy Suburban...she didn't have an entourage of 7 people to share the Suburban...nope, it was the driver in the front seat and the big mouth hypocritical witch in the back...she would undoubtedly tell Hannity, "Oh, the Suburban was going somewhere anyway"
- How did I survive the weekend in the whacked out lib city with all the whacked out lib people? Well, just as someone would have a book of Scripture from which to read when facing a demon from hell, I had Annie's HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL IF YOU MUST...it saved my sanity
and they probably drove their suburbans and escalades to the nearest airport to be whisked away in their private jets and when they arrived at their destination the stretch limos were waiting for them to take them home and when they arrived at home they went around the block with their bicycles to be politically correct and the libs lived happily ever after (end of fairy tale)
"where is Sharpton? where is Jesse?."
Because people who go there are expected to give donations.
GR8 report DFU.
Those gas guzzlers were probably rented from the nearest airport. Then then got into gas guzzling jets either commercial or private. Taking care of earth is only for the "little people."
FWIW, my wife has a no-bail policy too :)
Oh, but a picture would have been priceless....
Arriana wants soccer moms with three kids and neighbor kids to ferry around to make a sacrifice and buy a little car.Will she make an equivalent sacrifice and live in a modestly sized house? I imagine her yearly utility bill costs way more than an actual SUV, not to mention the fuel for one.
Either that or they don't really believe global warming theory and they just use the issue to sell books and charge huge lecture fees.
I hope you didn't expect them to PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH!!! Those "rules" are ONLY for peons not THEM!
(Ariana apparently has no knowledge of transportation scheduling theory.)
"In a used car lot on the other side of town
a liberal guy and a liberal gal buy a Yugo."
Yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I read the article-LOL.
I too have some first hand experience dealing with the Sierra Club.
A good friend of mine is a toxic waste whistle blower. His government career was totally destroyed by none other than now U.S. Senator Ken Salazar. Since the government was not going to clean up their illegaly buried toxic waste, I actually thought maybe the local Sierra Club chapter might be able to help put some pressure on them.
Wrong. The local Sierra Club was only interested in their political agenda. The leader kept bashing evil corporations and Bush during our conversation, and never lifted a finger to help. He really despised me, since I am a capitalist and was wearing a tie.
The toxic waste is still in the ground, and Ken Salazar is in the Senate. Screw the Sierra Club.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.