Next time, the church might consider a wireless headset, battery powered. If it gets submerged, the church would be out about $60 and not out a pastor.
Any members of the cloth, please heed this! As an electrician of thirty years, I cannot begin to explain how dangerous 110 AC power can be. please buy the battery set-ups, we don't need people here to do the Lord's work, going home early.
Here's the story behind the headline if you are interested. My sister-in-law's family new this family well.
She emailed the following:
I found out yesterday that a family friend had passed away on Sunday and I just wanted to ask you to be praying for his family. He was a pastor for 9 years at First Baptist Church in Waco and had a young wife, twin 3-yr old boys, and a 5 year old daugther. It was Baylor's homecoming and a former student and member of the church had asked him to baptize her. His wireless mic was acting up, so he grabbed a hand-held mic and was electricuted. He was taken to the hospital and died there. When my family went to First Baptist in Tyler he was a friend of my sister and she had many Bible studies over at his parent's house and his parents were friends with my parents. I haven't seen him probably in about 9 years, but it's just weird when things like this happen. My heart breaks for his family. His wife's name is Jennifer. His parents are David and Shirley Lake and he has 2 brothers, Jonah and Jody, and a sister, Kristi. They are all at a ranch in Waco that his parents own now and that they frequently visit all together. Also pray for that congregation. It's hard to find reason in all of it and it's truly a freaky circumstance but the Lord is in control.