Skip to comments.Sunday Morning Talk Show Thread 6 November 2005
Posted on 11/06/2005 5:19:35 AM PST by Alas Babylon!
The Talk Shows
Sunday, November 6th, 2005
Guests to be interviewed today on major television talk shows:
FOX NEWS SUNDAY (Fox Network): Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.; John Barry, director of the Smithsonian National Zoological Park, to discuss the zoo's baby panda.
MEET THE PRESS (NBC): Sens. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., and Tom Coburn, R-Okla.
FACE THE NATION (CBS): Sens. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.
THIS WEEK (ABC): Sens. Joe Biden, D-Del., and Chuck Hagel, R-Neb.; Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates.
LATE EDITION (CNN) : Sens. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., and George Allen, R-Va.; British Defense Secretary John Reid.
I sure hope you are correct - have too many friends that lap it up from the MSM and most of them HATE GWB, and know the only way he won the WH is through voter manipulation (ya know the electronic machines). They have a harder time explaining the power in the House and Senate, but it doesn't stop them from thinking that all elections are rigged. Sort of like blowing up the levees in NO - haha
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice waits for President Bush and Brazil's President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, at his country retreat, Granja do Torto, outside of Brasilia, Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005
(4) Real ID Act,
It's a bit misleading to give credit for the Real ID ACT to the president just because he finally signed it. When it first passed the house (last fall) and was sent to the Senate, the White House along with Susan Collins and Lieberman fought it tooth and nail and kicked it out of the Intelligence bill. After the first of the year it included in the spending bill and finally passed.
Washington Times ^ | Tuesday, February 8, 2005 | By Frank J. Gaffney Jr.
If all goes according to plan, the House of Representatives this week will take important, if long overdue, steps toward securing the nation's borders and interior. It was outrageous that these steps, which were among the corrective actions identified by the September 11 Commission, were not taken last year. Worse yet, those who prevented what are now provisions of Judiciary Committee Chairman James Sensenbrenner's "REAL ID" bill from becoming law in 2004 are no less determined to block this legislation again in 2005 and, thereby, to perpetuate America's vulnerability.
Initially, Custer's battalion only faced a few 'stay-behinds' at the ford. Although he had 5 cavalry troops(C, F, E, I & L) only 2 or 3 went to the spot in my photo.
Once Reno was driven from the river flats... and word got around of Custer's approach... THEN the thousands of warriors began to appear before him.
I agree. Noonan writes as though she were auditioning for a position as a writer for a poetry/political journal, with the poetry winning out, and she is in love with the sound of her own voice. I can't see where her former position gives her the required experience to pontificate on the current situation.
How is it that former presidential speechwriters become political experts? Their field is words, not ideas. Weren't spittin' Chris Matthews and Billy Kristol speechwriters for former administrations?
Nobody, I mean nobdody is as good as GWB, one on one with people. And don't forget, Reagan was an actor for just about 40 years. Reagan did not have to deal with all of the mess that GWB does.Just my cents.
SEC. 202. <<NOTE: 49 USC 30301 note.>> MINIMUM DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS AND ISSUANCE STANDARDS FOR FEDERAL RECOGNITION.
(a) Minimum Standards for Federal Use.-- ...
(b) Minimum Document Requirements.-- ...
(c) Minimum Issuance Standards.--
(1) In general.--To meet the requirements of this section, a State shall require, at a minimum, presentation and verification of the following information before issuing a driver's license or identification card to a person:
(A) A photo identity document, except that a non- photo identity document is acceptable if it includes both the person's full legal name and date of birth.
(B) Documentation showing the person's date of birth.
(C) Proof of the person's social security account number or verification that the person is not eligible for a social security account number.
(D) Documentation showing the person's name and address of principal residence. ...
(d) Other Requirements.--To meet the requirements of this section, a State shall adopt the following practices in the issuance of drivers' licenses and identification cards:
- Employ technology to capture digital images of identity source documents so that the images can be retained in electronic storage in a transferable format.
- Retain paper copies of source documents for a minimum of 7 years or images of source documents presented for a minimum of 10 years.
- Subject each person applying for a driver's license or identification card to mandatory facial image capture.
- Establish an effective procedure to confirm or verify a renewing applicant's information.
- Confirm with the Social Security Administration a social security account number presented by a person using the full social security account number. In the event that a social security account number is already registered to or associated with another person to which any State has issued a driver's license or identification card, the State shall resolve the discrepancy and take appropriate action.
- Refuse to issue a driver's license or identification card to a person holding a driver's license issued by another State without confirmation that the person is terminating or has terminated the driver's license.
- Ensure the physical security of locations where drivers' licenses and identification cards are produced and the security of document materials and papers from which drivers' licenses and identification cards are produced.
- Subject all persons authorized to manufacture or produce drivers' licenses and identification cards to appropriate security clearance requirements.
- Establish fraudulent document recognition training programs for appropriate employees engaged in the issuance of drivers' licenses and identification cards. ...
Senate Comity (Comedy) is NOT funny.
The UN does not deal with the Legislative branch of a governmentm, only the Executive Branch.
And it is your thought that that would stop some in our legislative branch from being up to no good, or prevent the UN from merrily going along with it? Perhaps, but I don't know how confident I am about that.
You might want to read this:
Mr.FF was born and raised here. He wouldn't live anywhere else unless he didn't have a choice. Several years ago we were toying with the idea of moving to Sussex County, extreme northwestern part of the state (and very red-state now). It was too far from NYC for him.
Actually I'm not averse to living ANYwhere, so it doesn't bother me. NJ has some wonderful things to offer, it's just too bad the political climate here is so gross.
I couldn't agree with you more,MNJohnnie! I'm particularly sick and tired of Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, and Laura Ingraham. Particularly the latter 2.They never miss a chance to criticize the President. I'm also tired of Rush Limbaugh. He seems to think that Reagan never did anything wrong, that he(Reagan was perfect). By saying all of that, belittles President Bush. It's easy to sit at a mike and flap your big mouth,when you're not accountable to anybody.
That sure is good news, alnick. Hope that it happens!
I bow to your knowledge about Custer and Little Big Horn, Sir! What a fateful day! Yet it did not stem the onrushing white tide nor give the Indian a victory the lasted beyond a few summers, eh?
That would be very good news indeed.
In a way, it's ironic that the battlefield now lies in the heart of the Crow Reservation. It was Whiteman Runs Him, Goes Ahead, Hairy Moccasin & Curly(all Crows) who guided him to the hostile encampment.
Custer had promised this land to the Crows just before he attacked. Ho-ka-hey!
He is both.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.