Skip to comments.Toronto gripped by US gun violence
Posted on 11/11/2005 1:02:46 PM PST by jlasoon
click here to read article
The gun laws in Toronto aren't much more draconian than the gun laws across the border in NYS. Something else must be going on.
Maybe you will feel better when the 'Bequers separate! With their liberal votes gone the rest of Canada can be normal...
Maybe they should pass a law banning guns then.
We get mainly Moslems today.
Of course they all are law-abiding citizens.
Would they feel better if the shooters had to resort to stabbing people, shoving them out of windows, or beating them with hockey sticks? Because, without the guns, I'm sure they'd find another way to do their dirty work.
The problem isn't the guns. And it sure as hell isn't us.
Would like to see some statistics on this...I'm pretty sure my Idaho is right up there too, and there is no shortage of guns in my state, (or my house).
That looks like something Laz would make.... at least it reminds me of something he came up with a while back.
Great one Steel...should be your tag line.
If I were Canada I'd build a wall along the entire length of the border to keep out the EEEVIL guns.
It's a "pistol that shoots around corners."
At the left is a Glock pistol and video camera. A hinge connects it to the rear (right) part, which has the trigger actuator and video display. Good luck with recoil!
That is a rig developed for shooting around corners. You can see in the upper left a pistol. There is a big hinge just to the right of that (a little left of the middle of it). It has a video system and a camcorder like side mounted screen so you can see what you are shooting and all they see is the pistol poking around the corner.
I've been searching for a good tag for a long time - the closest I've ever come is from Ving Rhames (sp?) in Pulp Fiction: "Nah, I'm pretty f-ing far from o.k."
Wasnt it a gay French Cannuck flight attendant who introduced AIDS to this country?
What about these? (read the fine print)
Uhhhh, I'd stick with the plowshares thingy.
Hey thats an idea! I need to sight in my new scope on my 30-06!
No mention of the racial or religous backround of these " disaffected youths".
-"By and large, Canadians are pacifists."-
You call it pacifist, I call it brain dead.
Great cartoon- kudos for posting it. Much of the silly tactic of blaming Americans, can be laid at Canada's so-called hate laws. A Toronto Police Chief gave out figures of violent crime by racial background. The figures were given per capita. He tapped a hornets nest. He publicly apologised and was lucky he kept his job.
Under the "hate crime" laws, the truth is no defence As with all autocracies, there are certain groups one can "hate" freely. Heaven help anyone who picks the "wrong" group. The Americans are "safe" targets to hate. So are Christians. So is bloomin' whitey. All beauracrats in all autocracies, know how to cover the old rump. LOL
Amazing. Canadians shooting Canadians, and then the Canadians blame the U.S. - Very logical (not).
Next they'll be blaming us for baby seals getting clubbed.
Indeed there are some other pics up there on the site. Very cool
It is called the corner shot. Allows you to shoot various weapons around corners. Uses video and laser aiming. Works with Glock, Beretta among others (and according to the site personal grenade launchers...).
I never touched one but I am sure it would be fun to play with.
As for the recoil is that why they give you the good size stock (as seen in the picture of it setup).
I'm suprised they didn't say that minorities were hit the hardest - they are sharp so they just issue a blanket condemnation of evil America instead.
What a bunch of failures. Everything, absolutely everything is someone else's fault. They take no responsibility for anything.
It is a well-known fact that when you pass a law banning certain things, (guns, alcohol, drugs, etc.) they are thereby impossible to obtain. Criminals will obey the law er uh obediently. (smirk)
Ditto here for western Wisconsin. My wife, who was raised in England, was brainwashed into believing that the mere possession of a firearm made a person a potential criminal. Guns went off by themselves without anybody firing them. I've had a hard time explaining to her that guns do not go off by themselves. And that she is living in an area with one of the highest gun ownership rates in the country with one of the lowest crime rates. It hasn't dented her skull so far, but I keep trying.
If so, Canuckistan and much of the rest of the world are in a state of terminal psychosis.
Interestingly, this particular affliction seems to be institutionalized within Islamic and specifically Arab culture.
Somebody else is always more culpable for Muslim actions than Muslims themselves.
We are seeing this in France today, with the global dhimmi media falling over each other in their eagerness to blame anyone but the Islamic rioters.
The same kind of dodge is used to justify every possible form of barbarism, as though the idea of not blaming everything on someone else has literally never occurred to them.
It has occurred to me that this dovetails nicely with the infantile, self-indulgent state of mind fostered by the western media for commercial reasons, and this might be yet another point of affinity that connects media conformist culture, liberal ideology, and the Islamofascists.
They have it backwards. The name of the song is "Blame Canada!"
Those simple-minded people to our North! Why do you think they call it CanaDUH?
Toronto is probably the most multicultural city in the world.
Currently the diverse minority population (mostly imports
within the last 10 to 20 years) matches or outnumbers the
english white majority. That majority is fast becoming
a minority. The CBC (socialist canadian media rag tag crapola) had a story on their website a few months ago showing a cop from bangladesh, a doctor from china and a banker from haiti. The caption was that Toronto will be a city populated by minorities by 2010. The minorities will be the majority. Of course the CBC didn't show the unemployed
guy from somalia or the drug dealer from vietnam.
CBC were quite proud of it. The immigration policies in
Canada and specifically T.O where every gets in and the
weather is not as bad as it up a little further north
is why you have a big problem with gun violence in T.O.
That is a fact jack.
So it is not a gun itself, but a device that is used with a gun. Could be sold legaly. But it appears to come WITH a pistol.
I could not tell you. I just remember reading this site and was surprised it was from Canada. When I saw the line in the article saying that Candians don't pack heat... I thought of this site.
It isn't the guns, it's the dregs of society that they have let in the country. But of course they know that. They just won't come out and say it.
So the C$2 Billion they're spending to register law abiding gun owners and their guns isn't cutting crime, imagine that!
Well, that's because we've exported all the gun violence north. Duh!
Toronto chose to become a modern day Sodom/Gomorah - and now they don't like it? Give me a break ...
Is that a PT 145? How does it handle? I read the trigger on the Pro is better than the older Millenniums.
No its a 9mm and it fires very nicely. I am a better shot with my 24/7 but I have only fire the millenium once. great conceal weapon
In the part of Ontario - 3 hours from Toronto - I am in, I am about the only person in the area that does not own a gun...
Don't judge all of Canada by one city!
lol, maybe you're right...
But Nooo, it's the imported gun culture that's the problem, not possibly the culture of any of the imported people
Toronto, with a population of 2.48 million people ( 5 million in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area ) is heralded as one of the most multicultural cities in the world and is ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Over 100 languages and dialects are spoken here, and over one third of Toronto residents speak a language other than English at home.
- 43 per cent of Toronto's population (1,051,125 people) reported themselves as being part of a visible minority, up from 37 per cent (882,330) in 1996.
- the top four visible minority groups in Toronto were:
- Chinese at 259,710 or 10.6 per cent of our population
- South Asian at 253,920 or 10.3 per cent
- Black at 204,075 or 8.3 per cent
- Filipino at 86,460 or 3.5 per cent
- 49 per cent of Toronto's population was born outside of Canada, up from 48 per cent in 1996
- new immigrants to Toronto since 1991 number 516,635, representing 21 per cent of our population.
- fully one in five Toronto residents arrived in this country during the 1990s
- one in four children between 5 and 16 in the City of Toronto are new immigrants having arrived between 1991 and 2001
- while the City of Toronto had 48.7 per cent of the GTA's population in 2001, we were home to:
- 57.8 per cent of all GTA immigrants (1,214,625)
- 64.4 per cent of all new immigrants that arrived in the GTA during the 1990s (516,635)
- 60.4 per cent of all GTA residents identified as belonging to a visible minority (1,051,125)
- Toronto has 79 ethnic publications
- Muslims in Canada today number more than 750,000
- According to the 2001 census the Canadian population consisted of 579, 600 Muslims, representing 2% of the Canadian population
- If Muslim maintained the same growth rate as the last decade since the census, today Muslims in Canada number 753,480. (From 2001 to 2003, according to statistics from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, an estimated 132,600 Muslims immigrated to Canada. Thats a rise of 23 percent)
- Ontario contains 61% of the entire Muslim population
- 5% of all Toronto population is Muslims, making Toronto the highest concentration of Muslims in any city in the US or Canada
- There are 21 Federal ridings with 7% to 14% Muslim population which can emerge as a major electoral force
- There are 21 Federal ridings with 7% to 14% Muslim population which can emerge as a major electoral force
-- Considering that most Canadians still favor immigration and considering immigrants becoming politically significant, it is likely that open immigration will continue
-- Since the September 11 terrorist attacks many Muslims have begun to look to Canada as an alternative to the United States, where they fear bias and harassment
-- This is especially true with international students who have come to Canada in much larger numbers since 9/11 while 35% less have chosen to go to the US
A BIT OF HISTORY
The first recorded Islamic presence in Canada was the 1871 census which found 13 Muslims among the population. The first Canadian Mosque was constructed in Edmonton in 1938, when there were only about 700 Muslims in the country. The famous translator of the Quran, Abdullah Yusuf Ali inaugurated the masjid during his tour of Canada while he was working on his translation
The years after World War II saw a swift increase in the Muslim population, in the 1981 census the population was still below a hundred thousand
MUSLIMS ARE YOUNGER
Muslims represent the youngest generation in Canada with a median age of 28.1 years. Compared to the Jewish and Roman Catholic populations whose median age is 41.5 and 37.8 years old, respectively. The median age for the total Canadian population is 37 years old. 3
LESS THAN 10% MUSLIMS ARE BORN CANADIANS
411,520 of the total Muslim population is 15 years and older. Among these, 91% are 1st generation Canadians, 7.7% are 2nd generation Canadians, and approximately 0.9% of Muslims are 3rd generation and over. Roughly 68% of Muslims in Canada have Canadian Citizenship.
-- Typical immigrant agenda will remain dominant along with the culture and politics of the old country
-- Special consideration will be needed to find room for the second generation
- The Muslim population consists of diverse visible minorities, where
- 37% is of South Asian decent,
- 21% of Arab decent,
- 14% is of West Indian decent, and the remaining
- 28% is made up of many other ethnicities such African, Chinese, etc.
- Half of Muslims in Canada speak a non-official language at home. Compared to 0.32% that speaks both official languages at home.4
-- Cultural diversity may hamper intra-Muslim communication
-- Unity may become easier on the non-threatening models of networking and confederations
- 32% of Muslims in Canada have never been married,
- 59% are legally married and living together,
- 2.9% are separated but still legally married,
- 3.5% are divorced, and
- 2.9% are widowed. Also, there are 7, 540 Muslim couples that live as common law partners.
- There are also 21,145 Muslims in Canada who are single parents.
MUSLIMS ARE HIGHLY EDUCATED
- Canadian Muslims have excelled in acquiring a Masters degree with slightly over 6% when compared with the three largest religious sects such as: Roman Catholics where only 2% hold a Masters degree, 3.5% of individuals who stated they have no religion and the third largest religious sect in Canada being the United Church has 2.4% of its population holding a Masters degree, however; 8.8% of the Jewish population in Canada hold a Masters degree
- 30% Muslims (123,725) Muslims were attending school in 2001.
- 6,310 Muslims have a PhD degree
-- There are 1.5% of the Canadian Muslim population that have earned doctorates comparatively, 0.3% of Roman Catholics and 2% of Jewish population in Canada have earned doctorates.
-- Probably more Muslim PhDs in Canada than many Muslim countries.
-- 3.5% (14,520) of the Canadian Muslim have their major field of study in Humanities and related fields
-- 5.3% (21,640) have majored in social sciences and related fields
JOB MARKET: HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT
- Muslims have the second highest unemployment rates in Canada with 14.4% of the population being unemployed, as compared to 7.4% national unemployment rate
- The largest profession found in the Canadian Muslim population is sales and services at 27%; the second largest occupational field comprised of Muslims in Canada is the business, finance, and administrative occupations which is 16% of the population. 7
-- Is it because of the wrong skill set for the market?
-- Is it due to discrimination?
-- How does it compare with other new immigrant data? Further Research regarding Muslims in Canada
-- Income data
-- Religiosity surveys
-- Muslim interaction with other faith
It's a frikkin AFP report that uses unnamed 'officals' with no substantiation in the article.
Look at this $hit...""It's totally unacceptable. We don't want that kind of violence in our city," Toronto Mayor David Miller told AFP, echoing local residents who expressed concerns that America's gun culture is creeping north across the Canada-US border."
Miller says we don't want that kind of violence in our city. He says nothing about 'America's gun culture creeping north'
And what local residents? The folks down at the Dingbat Diner?
A more accurate statement would be, "AFP blames U.S. for exporting their gun culture and weapons north".
Sheesh let's not put a ring in our nose for the anti-U.S. AFP to lead us around.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.