In its August edition, weekly Canadian magazine Maclean's noted that gang murders had tripled since the early 1990s in this country, in contrast to an overall drop in violence. The magazine blamed the rise in part on illegal arms from the neighboring United States.
Maybe Canada needs to take a look at the kind of immigrants they are allowing into their country. Are these people getting a good education and fitting into Canadian culture? Or is Canada importing its own crime wave? Seems to me they ought to be looking at themselves instead of always blaming the USA.
But Nooo, it's the imported gun culture that's the problem, not possibly the culture of any of the imported people
Toronto, with a population of 2.48 million people ( 5 million in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area ) is heralded as one of the most multicultural cities in the world and is ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Over 100 languages and dialects are spoken here, and over one third of Toronto residents speak a language other than English at home.
- 43 per cent of Toronto's population (1,051,125 people) reported themselves as being part of a visible minority, up from 37 per cent (882,330) in 1996.
- the top four visible minority groups in Toronto were:
- Chinese at 259,710 or 10.6 per cent of our population
- South Asian at 253,920 or 10.3 per cent
- Black at 204,075 or 8.3 per cent
- Filipino at 86,460 or 3.5 per cent
- 49 per cent of Toronto's population was born outside of Canada, up from 48 per cent in 1996
- new immigrants to Toronto since 1991 number 516,635, representing 21 per cent of our population.
- fully one in five Toronto residents arrived in this country during the 1990s
- one in four children between 5 and 16 in the City of Toronto are new immigrants having arrived between 1991 and 2001
- while the City of Toronto had 48.7 per cent of the GTA's population in 2001, we were home to:
- 57.8 per cent of all GTA immigrants (1,214,625)
- 64.4 per cent of all new immigrants that arrived in the GTA during the 1990s (516,635)
- 60.4 per cent of all GTA residents identified as belonging to a visible minority (1,051,125)
- Toronto has 79 ethnic publications
I've long said "Drug dealers will always get guns. If all else fails, they'll smuggle them into the country disguised as a routine cocaine shipment"
Or have one of their people infiltrate the military and leave the armory unlocked some night. Or just have some unemployed machinist MAKE some (Pakistanis in the Pashtun region have lots of skilled gunsmiths. And Afghan rebels were making AK-47 clones using equiptment inferior to what I can buy from Sears hardware